talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group I Matchday 4-6 - (2-8th September, 2021)

football forum

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

I’m glad we’re back to most people being “England? Nah, fuck watching them, they’re shit and Southgate needs sacking” again. 

Who? Definitely not most from what I see from friends and general public. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Was that monkey chants I could hear when Sterling went down then?

Yes. Fucking scumbags. Find out who is definitely guilty and come down hard on the cunts. Fucking scumbags. Bellingham also. 

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

We should be ranked the best team in the world. How are Belgian still first? Another solid performance. Patient buildup until we finally got the goal and then as always when they tried to attack we punished them. 

Overall a solid 8/10 all round from me. 

4 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

Who? Definitely not most from what I see from friends and general public. 

Yes. Fucking scumbags. Find out who is definitely guilty and come down hard on the cunts. Fucking scumbags. Bellingham also. 

Most people I know and work with, tbh. Spoke to one bloke at work today who said England were boring. Proper weird people about. 

• Subscriber
26 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Most people I know and work with, tbh. Spoke to one bloke at work today who said England were boring. Proper weird people about. 

Oh I used to work with cunts like that. It’s worse when it’s a friend 😂.  I don’t get it as much now as most of my staff that I see 80% of my days now are women that don’t watch football xD . 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

xD Come on, man. 

Belgium have been ranked the best team in the world for years. The form we’ve displayed for a number of years now has been up there with anyone. Definitely deserve to be top 3.

1 minute ago, JoshBRFC said:

Belgium have been ranked the best team in the world for years. The form we’ve displayed for a number of years now has been up there with anyone. Definitely deserve to be top 3.

You lost to Italy in the Euro final. Yet they are ranked behind you. Those ratings don't make much sense in general. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

You lost to Italy in the Euro final. Yet they are ranked behind you. Those ratings don't make much sense in general. 

Exactly my point, I want them to. xD Italy, England, Argentina top 3. Then Brazil and France in any order. Then when we win the World Cup next year we will leave no doubt about who the best team in the world is. ;) 

Just now, JoshBRFC said:

Exactly my point, I want them to. xD Italy, England, Argentina top 3. Then Brazil and France in any order. Then when we win the World Cup next year we will leave no doubt about who the best team in the world is. ;) 

You really are a one of a kind fanboy, aren't you? 😬

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Tommy said:

You really are a one of a kind fanboy, aren't you? 😬

We deserve to be top 3, genuinely believe that. :what:

10 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Hadn't even opened the thread and knew you'd be quoting Josh xD.

Hahahah ffs thanks Tommy. 

5 hours ago, The Käiser said:

Interesting much this. Hungary gave difficult challenges to all of their group stage opponents during the euro this summer.  Plus they are just 2 points back of England going into the match. 
don’t think England can afford to play a “b squad “ lineup. Wouldn’t be surprised if it ended as a draw

This aged well

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

Has there been any arrests or court cases here for those found racially abusing England players at the Euros? Not taking any blame off the Hungarians but we have our issues with this too. It’s actually mad that it’s 2021 and racism is as rife as it is. 

Yes, England fans have had issues.

I'm not going to make any comment that could sound like some big defence of England's worst, but it feels like different types of idiots. And our worst know lines they would probably be best advised to avoid crossing. Perhaps just because less secluded.

For me, much of the tensions around seem because of social media in the first place. Excuse the side tracking, but Trump used it to promote himself & his dodgy leanings. It feels like it's swept around from there. And it's not just the English who follow American influences.

9 minutes ago, JoshBRFC said:

We deserve to be top 3, genuinely believe that. :what:

Because you played one good tournament were you basically got slingshoted into the final against weak opponents? 

2 hours ago, carefreeluke said:

Phillips has been fantastic.

Fitting he puts on a display like that when he just won an award for being England's Player of the Year start of the week.

You do have to wonder now that the emerging partnership of Rice and Phillips has put an end to Henderson's time in the team.

3 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Has there been any arrests or court cases here for those found racially abusing England players at the Euros? Not taking any blame off the Hungarians but we have our issues with this too. It’s actually mad that it’s 2021 and racism is as rife as it is. 

I don't think it's that surprising. Racism's always sort of been an issue in the UK tbh - some places more than others - and nowadays it's sort of become "socially acceptable" to say openly racist shit. I don't think most of the UK is racist, far from it... but you get 20% or so (I made that percentage up out of thin air) and that's quite a bit of racists in the population, even if they're in the overwhelming minority of people.

As far as I know, though, the only arrests for racial abuse of our black players over the Euros were for racist abuse made over social media... and I don't think it was very many people who were arrested.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived