talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Group J - Matchday 4-6 (2-8th September, 2021)

football forum

2.0 was a bad result for Germany. However they will still reach the quarter finals of the world cup at least I think. Dont think they will win it. It is the first time in ages I have said that about a german side I always think they have a good chance. But they have home advantage in the next euros and have won 2 out of the last 3 under 21 euros  so they will soon be back they always are. 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 03/09/2021 at 08:52, Gunnersauraus said:

2.0 was a bad result for Germany. However they will still reach the quarter finals of the world cup at least I think. Dont think they will win it. It is the first time in ages I have said that about a german side I always think they have a good chance. But they have home advantage in the next euros and have won 2 out of the last 3 under 21 euros  so they will soon be back they always are. 

Winning the u21 seems useless. Don’t understand why the seniors can’t seem to buy a goal. 

5 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

This game is very important. Another shock loss and Armenia will be 4 pots clear with only half the schedule remaining 

It's not going to happen though is it, I expect Armenia to get mullered by Germany tonight. I think Germany will want to make a statement in this match in Stuttgart.

Germany are 5 nil up against Armenia with a quarter of an hour left to play and they have looked on another level to Armenia. This thrashing is just the result that Germany would have wanted. Lets hope that it brings back real belief and confidence into the team.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Karim Adeyemi scored his first goal in his first appearance for Germany today. I had no idea who he was until Flick selected him. Plays for RB Salzburg. 

I knew Adeyemi but I had no idea he's German xD

Just now, nudge said:

I knew Adeyemi but I had no idea he's German xD

From Munich! Played for Bayern's youth teams, then went to Unterhaching, and got snapped up by RB Salzburg. Quite a journey. xD

20 hours ago, Michael said:

Germany are 5 nil up against Armenia with a quarter of an hour left to play and they have looked on another level to Armenia. This thrashing is just the result that Germany would have wanted. Lets hope that it brings back real belief and confidence into the team.

I hope that this is the case. 
I recall a thrashing prior to the euros (forget the opponent that night) but that was a false belief. 
noticed no gundogan (sp?) at the start and they netted 4 in first half.  Against Liechtenstein it was a different story with him starting. 
perhaps flick is settling in and players adjusting. But have to wait against bigger opponents.

47 minutes ago, The Käiser said:

I hope that this is the case. 
I recall a thrashing prior to the euros (forget the opponent that night) but that was a false belief. 
noticed no gundogan (sp?) at the start and they netted 4 in first half.  Against Liechtenstein it was a different story with him starting. 
perhaps flick is settling in and players adjusting. But have to wait against bigger opponents.

Well there were 6 Bayern players in the starting 11 and I thought the general performance of the team was very impressive. But yeah, it was Armenia they were playing and not one of the top sides, so we have to obviously take that into consideration. Flick's tactics worked well and everything seemed to come together successfully yesterday. I thought that Jonas Hofmann in particular played quite well in his new position at right back for the national team.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived