talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Best Footballer Ever

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Also if you're going to threaten to kill someone you don't like on an online forum... maybe don't have EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF STAFF in the PM you're making the threats in so they can all see the fucking threats xD

Also if someone on a forum has pissed you off so much you want to kill them, it's maybe time to stand up, step away from the keyboard, and go do something in real life rather than get annoyed about some guy you don't get along with on the internet!

Bloody hell did he go that far… and to an audience. Ffs 😂

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JoshBRFC on the old forum I said in about 2007 should arsenal consider getting a new manager and you said a few words but that was all i can remember to be fair. Maybe I am just remembering that. You do seem like a great bloke now so who cares 

2 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

@JoshBRFC on the old forum I said in about 2007 should arsenal consider getting a new manager and you said a few words but that was all i can remember to be fair. Maybe I am just remembering that. You do seem like a great bloke now so who cares 

I don't remember you on the old forum? What was your username back then?

I can understand people liking teso but for me he took it to far. To be fair I think the forum is better without brian as well even though I like him there were so many arguments when he was on here. To be honest this thread would have probably caused an argument with him on here 😂 but I like brian though he just had a hard job with people at times.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't remember you on the old forum? What was your username back then?

Ha ha PM me mate. I'm surprised you haven't worked it out 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

If you can recall an interaction from 2007 you definitely care xD.

2007 man… Jesus :o.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wanna do one for each decade?

Be a good idea, remember footballer's in Pele's era never had all-weather footballs or stadiums having their roofs closed due to bad weather, no underheating on the pitch, they just got on with it no matter what type of weather, if footballers today played in that era with a leather football that fell like a brick when you tried to head it they would never cope. 

Just now, CaaC (John) said:

Be a good idea, remember footballer's in Pele's era never had all-weather footballs or stadiums having their roofs closed due to bad weather, no underheating on the pitch, they just got on with it no matter what type of weather, if footballers today played in that era with a leather football that fell like a brick when you tried to head it they would never cope. 

Clips of Pele sort of highlight how different football was back then compared to nowadays. Some of the tackles where he was on the receiving end... they'd be straight red cards. And yeah they're playing with those heavy brick footballs (you can see how different it is just by the way the ball bounces).

I've only seen highlights of him, never full matches or anything, but he was clearly an incredible player. I don't doubt that he's one of the best ever, he's an absolute icon for a reason.

• Subscriber
14 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Clips of Pele sort of highlight how different football was back then compared to nowadays. Some of the tackles where he was on the receiving end... they'd be straight red cards. And yeah they' re playing with those heavy brick footballs (you can see how different it is just by the way the ball bounces).

I've only seen highlights of him, never full matches or anything, but he was clearly an incredible player. I don't doubt that he's one of the best ever, he's an absolute icon for a reason.

Pele, Best, and a lot more, they got tackled by players like ' Bite yer Legs' Norman Hunter, ' Chopper Harris' Billy Bremner, Tommy Smith but they gave out just as much that was given to them but they just got on with it, no landing on the ground as if being hit by a truck and rolling all over the place.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wanna do one for each decade?

I’ll try do mine, with honourable mentions making the top 3.

2010’s - Messi.

Cristiano honourable mention, nobody else close.

2000’s - Ronaldinho.

Zidane/Henry honourable mentions. 

90’s - Ronaldo

His prime was the late 90’s, early 00’s. But if you look at his record in the mid to late 90’s including multiple player of the year awards. This man could have been in the goat discussion more than he is if he stayed healthy. Honourable mentions Baggio, Romario. 

80’s - Maradona. League of his own. The 2nd greatest player of all time behind Messi in my opinion. Those 2 and the Ronaldo’s make my top 4 of all time.  Honourable mentions to Van Basten and Platini. 

70’s - Cruyff. Honourable mentions Keegan, Beckenbauer.

Getting stuck now and cba giving an answer based off little knowledge I’ve seen. Pele would be obvious for 60s. I am quite the geeky historian but it’s been a while since I’ve seen much of that far back. 

Unpopular opinion. I can never vote for guys like Pele, Maradona and Puskas because 
A) I've never seen them play
and 
B) They'd be useless in todays game. 

Emile fucking Heskey would be a world beater if you sent him back in time back to when Pele was scoring hattricks against chain-smoking alcoholic fat chubby cunts. Football is as fast and athletic as it's ever been, so it only makes sense to pick a modern game player. 

Goalkeeper:  Neuer
Defender: Maldini 
Midfielder: I'll go with Iniesta 
Attacker/winger: Messi
Striker: Lewandowski

3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Pele & Maradona were often Ronaldo & Messi in expert analyst conversations, in the days before Ronaldo & Messi.

Zidane. Beckenbauer. Matthaus.

David Villa was immense when Spain were on top.

David Villa is an underrated gem for mine, not sure I could say best ever but he's in elite company for sure.

7 minutes ago, Khan of TF365 said:

You're saying in the 90s there were players better than him at his role ? 

Maybe, it's easy to make a case when half of Ronaldo's career wasn't even in the 90s.

Marco van Basten
Gabriel Batistuta
Robberto Baggio
Rivaldo
Romario

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Spike said:

How can Ronaldo be the best player of the 90s when his best year was 2002?

Like I stated. Look at his record in the 90’s. I’ve seen countless documentaries and videos and games of him. And for me he was better in the 90’s. He’s the best striker of all time in my opinion. The man was a genius.

He had longer at the top in the 90s that he did in the 2000’s.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Spike said:

Maybe, it's easy to make a case when half of Ronaldo's career wasn't even in the 90s.

Marco van Basten
Gabriel Batistuta
Robberto Baggio
Rivaldo
Romario

His career wasn’t even in the 90s. Wtf 😂

So were multiple world player of the year awards and this goal not in the 90’s?

He also had a better record in the 90s than the 2000.

Archived