The better place to talk football.

The Best Front 3 This Season

football forum

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dan said:

PSG by a mile.

Yeah, hard to think this is really debatable. 

All of the other choices have a question mark towards it so I'm not sure how this can't be it. 

I'd actually put up Leverkusen front 3 up there with some of the others. Diaby, Wirtz, and Schick, difference being that the average age of these three is 21.6 years old. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Eco said:

Yeah, hard to think this is really debatable. 

All of the other choices have a question mark towards it so I'm not sure how this can't be it. 

I'd actually put up Leverkusen front 3 up there with some of the others. Diaby, Wirtz, and Schick, difference being that the average age of these three is 21.6 years old. 

Bayer Leverkusen are odd to me. They're always quite good but they just never seem to do anything really of note.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Eco said:

What? 

Just now, Dan said:

Bayer Leverkusen are odd to me. They're always quite good but they just never seem to do anything really of note.

This year they have been incredible to watch with the addition of Schick. Fits in perfectly. 

Just now, Stan said:

What? 

I'll put it this way,

PSG are clearly #1 here. 

Liverpool would be a #2, although Firmino is a bit erratic at times. 

Man United - Aging Ronaldo that doesn't move as quickly as he used to, with a player in Sancho that can also be very up and down. 

Chelsea - Don't watch much, but you said Mount doesn't play that high, so...

Bayern - I'll let @Viva la FCB talk, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gnabry. Give me Musalia long term over him. 

I'm telling you, in just 3 games Bayer Leverkusen have looked so incredibly fast and dangerous with these, although Bayer seems to prefer Paulinho over Wirtz at times. Still, my point is, they have an incredible front 3.

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Eco said:

This year they have been incredible to watch with the addition of Schick. Fits in perfectly. 

I'll put it this way,

PSG are clearly #1 here. 

Liverpool would be a #2, although Firmino is a bit erratic at times. 

Man United - Aging Ronaldo that doesn't move as quickly as he used to, with a player in Sancho that can also be very up and down. 

Chelsea - Don't watch much, but you said Mount doesn't play that high, so...

Bayern - I'll let @Viva la FCB talk, but I'm not the biggest fan of Gnabry. Give me Musalia long term over him. 

I'm telling you, in just 3 games Bayer Leverkusen have looked so incredibly fast and dangerous with these, although Bayer seems to prefer Paulinho over Wirtz at times. Still, my point is, they have an incredible front 3.

The front two for us is a no brainer but having to put a third is a bit of a chore.  Gnabry didnt have a great season last year and I say this as a fan of his. Coman was his usual inconsistent self; great for stretches, poor for stretches, average for stretches. Sane was fairly average as well. Musiala looks like the real deal Im super stoked with his progression. 

Im pretty high on Leverkussen's front 3 as well but probably a bit premature to include on any sort of lists like these. 

1 minute ago, Viva la FCB said:

The front two for us is a no brainer but having to put a third is a bit of a chore.  Gnabry didnt have a great season last year and I say this as a fan of his. Coman was his usual inconsistent self; great for stretches, poor for stretches, average for stretches. Sane was fairly average as well. Musiala looks like the real deal Im super stoked with his progression. 

Im pretty high on Leverkussen's front 3 as well but probably a bit premature to include on any sort of lists like these. 

Agree on both points. Musiala looks amazing, and has been so much fun to watch. Sane not so much and appears to maybe be struggling with the fans treatment of him as of late. 

Maybe a bit premature on Leverkusen see as how they are all young. But man are they so much fun to watch at the moment. 

1 minute ago, Dan said:

How good is that Tapsoba? I had it on good authority that we were close to buying both him and Trincao in January 2020.

He's really good and I've enjoyed watching him in his short time with Bayer. 

Sadly, he's out for some time though with a torn ligament. 

• Subscriber

Surprised when theres talk about the Liverpool front-three that Jota isn't mentioned because you could technically replace Bobby with him and still get a very fluid attack and a different attack style too. 

• Administrator
5 hours ago, Mel81x said:

Surprised when theres talk about the Liverpool front-three that Jota isn't mentioned because you could technically replace Bobby with him and still get a very fluid attack and a different attack style too. 

Not played enough as a front 3 together compared to the sheer success Salah, Firmino and Mane have had together for the past 2-3 seasons. 

Archived