The better place to talk football.

Sarah Harding Dies Aged 39

football forum

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

Tragic and sad. But after a celebrity dies I stay away from social media. Too many cunts jump on the bandwagon like they were lifelong friends with the deceased. 

What’s so bad about people paying their respects to a famous person?

• The title was changed to Sarah Harding Dies Aged 39
  • Subscriber
11 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

What’s so bad about people paying their respects to a famous person?

I never said there was, but some people go on like they life long friends. It stems more from the number of people I've known who mourn a celeb death but show nowhere the same emotion when their own family members die. It is sad but some people write a long essay like they were life  long friends with the deceased. you'd think the deceased used to pay their mortgage, pay for their groceries and their fucking house renovations.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, MUFC said:

I never said there was, but some people go on like they life long friends. It stems more from the number of people I've known who mourn a celeb death but show nowhere the same emotion when their own family members die. It is sad but some people write a long essay like they were life  long friends with the deceased. you'd think the deceased used to pay their mortgage, pay for their groceries and their fucking house renovations.

Maybe they can relate to a said famous person that they’re paying respect to? I don’t do it personally,  as it’s not for me. But I’ve seen people do it and if it helps them in any way at all by relating to someone famous or uses them as an inspiration, then it can’t be that bad of a thing can it.

If one of my famous sporting idols passed away, I would show my respect. Whereas you wouldn’t see me posting personal messages about my father who’s passed away and how much he inspires me daily. As that’s more personal to me and I’d prefer to keep it that way.

Does that mean I mourn the famous person and have more emotion than I do for my father? No, not at all. 

Cheer up man. :) 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, JoshBRFC said:

Maybe they can relate to a said famous person that they’re paying respect to? I don’t do it personally,  as it’s not for me. But I’ve seen people do it and if it helps them in any way at all by relating to someone famous or uses them as an inspiration, then it can’t be that bad of a thing can it.

If one of my famous sporting idols passed away, I would show my respect. Whereas you wouldn’t see me posting personal messages about my father who’s passed away and how much he inspires me daily. As that’s more personal to me and I’d prefer to keep it that way.

Does that mean I mourn the famous person and have more emotion than I do for my father? No, not at all. 

Cheer up man. :) 

I get that you post out of respect, we all do for a celebrity. But I'm referring to the muppets who post extra long messages like they're mourning the passing of somebody they used to meet up with everyday. 

I remember when Princess Diana passed away. There were people I knew who said she was a disgrace to the country and how she tarnished the image of the Royals etc. The day after she died, the same people are saying oh it's so sad, I couldn't sleep last night or I had a lump in my throat. I'm like go and fuck yourself you bunch of cunts. the majority who line the streets when a royal passes away. Most of them are just a bunch of pretentious arse licking bastards.

Rant over.

Archived