• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

F1 2021 - Monza GP - 10-13th September

football forum

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Horner and MAx weren't as feisty as I thought they'd be in their interview. Damon Hill was clearly blaming Max. I reckon Merc will push for a penalty. I don't think RB will get a penalty, but if they do I think they might do the engine change next race. 

What would have happened if Lewis would have been able to reverse while Max was getting out? Would have been crazy dangerous, but not sure if that would have been a penalty for Lewis? Penalty for Max for not waiting? or just a scary scene. 

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, Eco said:

What would have happened if Lewis would have been able to reverse while Max was getting out? Would have been crazy dangerous, but not sure if that would have been a penalty for Lewis? Penalty for Max for not waiting? or just a scary scene. 

I think they were both just being a bit petulant and not wanting to accept they were out of the race. Max was even more dangerous as his wheels were spinning a few inches above Hamilton's head. Scary incident all round and we shouldn't take it for granted that even a low speed collision like that one won't result in injured drivers.

• Subscriber

I agree with Nudge about social media, also F1 forums. People are just tedious and behave like knobs from both sides. Whether we admit it or not, these incidents add to memorable seasons, they always have. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I've been listening to the "Bring Back V10s" podcast by The Race on Spotify recently. Just recently listened to an episode on Schumacher vs Hill in 1994 and there's generally just a lot of good stories from the V10 era. I'm sure you're aware of it but thought I'd share just in case 👍.

• Subscriber

3 place grid drop for Max in Russia. I'd say that's a pretty light punishment to be honest. If Red Bull may need to take an engine penalty before the end of the year I can see them serving it in Russia with this penalty and starting from the back.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

3 place grid drop for Max in Russia. I'd say that's a pretty light punishment to be honest. If Red Bull may need to take an engine penalty before the end of the year I can see them serving it in Russia with this penalty and starting from the back.

Yeah that's why I thought too, just take the hit in one weekend. 

17 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Wow - I really didn't think he did anything wrong in that instance, but I also do not pretend to know all the angles and 'unwritten' rules of F1. 

• Subscriber

Think the stewards handled it pretty well in both cases of them two crashing into each other this season. 10s for Hamilton at Silverstone where I thought it was hard racing with Hamilton more at fault, and 3 place grid for Max today where it was also hard racing with Max at fault. Keeps everyone more or less content with no real consequences for the championship.

RB would have taken a new engine at Sochi either way, I think, so it barely changes anything.

Best scenario would be them going into the final race of the season on equal points (or a very small gap), with a great desperate battle to decide it. We all deserve it after years of mediocrity.

• Subscriber
Just now, nudge said:

Think the stewards handled it pretty well in both cases of them two crashing into each other this season. 10s for Hamilton at Silverstone where I thought it was hard racing with Hamilton more at fault, and 3 place grid for Max today where it was also hard racing with Max at fault. Keeps everyone more or less content with no real consequences for the championship.

RB would have taken a new engine at Sochi either way, I think, so it barely changes anything.

Best scenario would be them going into the final race of the season on equal points (or a very small gap), with a great desperate battle to decide it. We all deserve it after years of mediocrity.

when Bottas was shown the footage after the race. He was laughing and smirking lol.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

I've been listening to the "Bring Back V10s" podcast by The Race on Spotify recently. Just recently listened to an episode on Schumacher vs Hill in 1994 and there's generally just a lot of good stories from the V10 era. I'm sure you're aware of it but thought I'd share just in case 👍.

Didn't know anything about that podcast, so cheers for the heads up!

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, MUFC said:

I agree with Nudge about social media, also F1 forums. People are just tedious and behave like knobs from both sides. Whether we admit it or not, these incidents add to memorable seasons, they always have. 

I feel so thankful that there was no social media back in the 90s. Can you imagine it during the Prost-Senna rivalry, Schumacher-Hill or Mansell-Piquet incidents? It would have been unbearable xD 

E65HKnQWUAknhYx?format=jpg&name=medium

• The topic was unpinned

Archived