talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Art Gallery of TF365

football forum

Anybody else into paintings and other forms of art? I've been painting for 25 years, although I've done less and less of it as I've gotten older. 

Here are some paintings that have stuck with me throughout the years for different reasons. 

Il Bacio (The Kiss) by Francesco Hayez (1859)

1280px-El_Beso_(Pinacoteca_de_Brera,_Mil

I first saw this piece...maybe 20-ish years ago. I never knew if it was the details in her blue dress, the feeling like these two were escaping a crowd, the intensity of the kiss, or the idea of a lost love, but this painting grasped me immediately. 

I remember seeing in and just staring at it, and have even used this painting as inspiration for some of my writings. Absolutely brilliant. 

Paintings by Ivan Aivazovsky

Storming Sea at Night (1849)
Stormy_sea_at_night.jpg

The Brig Mercury (1848)
%D0%98%D0%B2%D0%B0%D0%BD_%D0%9A._%D0%90%

The Warth of the Seas (1886)

Picture_%22anger_of_the_seas%22_by_Aivas

Passage of the Jews through the Red Sea (1891)

Aivazovsky_Passage_of_the_Jews_through_t

So these are just magnificent to view in person. Here is an idea in regards to the size of these paintings - 

2001.jpg

I have always had someone about the sea and ocean travel from early childhood, and these paintings, and the fierceness of the water against such a helpless looking ship just brings stories to my mind about he wonders of seafaring back in the days and some of the horrors, and obstacles they faced so far away from land. 

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another one of my favorite artist in when it comes to seafaring, is the great Bonaventura Peeters the Elder (1614-1652), and here are some of his classic works. 

Seascape with Sailors Sheltering from a Rainstorm

Bonaventura_Peeters_(I)_-_Seascape_with_

Port in the Orient

1920px-Bonaventura_Peeters-Port_in_Orien

The 'Hercules' and Eenhorn' off the port of Hoorn

Bonaventura_Peeters_(I)_-_The_'Hercules'

Arrival of the Boat

1920px-Bonaventura_Peeters_(I)_-_Arrival

• Subscriber

My favourite style is traditional East Asian ink wash and watercolour paintings, especially landscapes and seascapes. Simple and minimalist, but also complex at the same time.

Some of my favourites: 

d6b25e8270f3feb859039e594cd8dc84.jpg

spring-landscape-linda-smith.jpg

38df29a965ec56572518cef225acb495.jpg

0e39f157ab2326d1051970beefd2cd3b.jpg

2cb2ccda607aec03c0df353029963016.jpg

cd6479adb50188163888d3b5bf4f82a0.jpg

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, nudge said:

My favourite style is traditional East Asian ink wash and watercolour paintings, especially landscapes and seascapes. Simple and minimalist, but also complex at the same time.

Some of my favourites: 

Kind of random but you would absolutely love Ghost of Tsushima.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Some of my favourites: 

Whilst living in China, I dabbled in that form of art, and found it nearly impossible. It's incredible how difficult that can be to master, and I didn't have the talent (nor patience) to perfect it. 

To see it in person though is amazing. 

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I want to see your art not art you like.

Ha .

I'm much more confident in my writing than I am in my painting. It's what I do for fun and never really spent a lot of time perfecting it. I consider myself more of an admirer of those before me who had it as their only passion and spent the time needed to make something beautiful. 

Also, while they aren't meant to last, I have had the pleasure to see a couple of mandala's art done by Buddhist monks. Once here in Atlanta, and another when in Atlanta. 

Another form of art that is extremely impressive to watch and appreciate. 

If you are unfamiliar, here is what I'm referring to. 

13 minutes ago, Eco said:

Ha .

I'm much more confident in my writing than I am in my painting. It's what I do for fun and never really spent a lot of time perfecting it. I consider myself more of an admirer of those before me who had it as their only passion and spent the time needed to make something beautiful. 

who cares about the quality? art is more than just impressing people

1 minute ago, Spike said:

who cares about the quality? art is more than just impressing people

I have a few pieces in the garage I can snag a photo of later. There is one in my office that is hanging up, but that one I completed in maybe 30 minutes and is rather simple but matches the ambiance of the room. 

• Subscriber

That's was the only thing I was good at was art and when I was around 20 years old I had a chance to go to art college in N.S.W. in Australia but I turned it down as at that time my old man had left home and I ended up watching over my mother with my big sis and caring for our disabled brother.

The favourite artists me and the wife like is any Constable painting but any painting from artist's from years gone by. 

I don't know if you could call this art but it hangs on our wall in the lounge made by our daughter for a mothers day gift in 2018, it's handprints of our daughter and our 2 grandsons Connor & Kaiden.

thumbnail_20210908_015051.jpg

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Kind of random but you would absolutely love Ghost of Tsushima.

Yeah, I absolutely loved those screenshots you posted a while ago! Don't think I've ever seen a video game as beautiful as that...

• Subscriber
12 hours ago, Eco said:

Whilst living in China, I dabbled in that form of art, and found it nearly impossible. It's incredible how difficult that can be to master, and I didn't have the talent (nor patience) to perfect it. 

To see it in person though is amazing. 

Given its origins, I feel like it's a form of art that you only should get into once you mastered calligraphy - which in itself is a massive task, haha. It blows my mind how it is possible to capture the essence with just a few monochrome brushes and different shades of black... 

Archived