talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Premier League Clubs Blocked from Playing Brazil Stars (and Fred)

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It was never going to happen. The situation with Richarlison completely undermined the legitimacy of the request to block other Brazilians. Also, it was such an unbelievably ignorant attitude given the world we live in. FIFA has to seriously reconsider how qualification works for tournaments until COVID is gone. The current system is at odds with the reality.  

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Batard said:

It was never going to happen. The situation with Richarlison completely undermined the legitimacy of the request to block other Brazilians. Also, it was such an unbelievably ignorant attitude given the world we live in. FIFA has to seriously reconsider how qualification works for tournaments until COVID is gone. The current system is at odds with the reality.  

Again, the Richarlison situation was different because as far as I know, him getting rested now was part of the agreement in him going to the Olympics to help them win a gold medal instead of having any break in the summer ahead of the new domestic season. It's really stupid that the Brazilian FA let it become the established line that it was due to a good relationship with Everton than the fact that he's the only one (to my knowledge) that played two international tournaments for Brazil over the summer and this was a minor form of payback to Everton for allowing him to do that.

12 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Fuck Brazil. They should lose the game 3-0 automatically. The premier league blocked their best players from playing so they've delayed the game like cowards. 

Part of me does think it was deliberate to get the game called off due to that... 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Again, the Richarlison situation was different because as far as I know, him getting rested now was part of the agreement in him going to the Olympics to help them win a gold medal instead of having any break in the summer ahead of the new domestic season. It's really stupid that the Brazilian FA let it become the established line that it was due to a good relationship with Everton than the fact that he's the only one (to my knowledge) that played two international tournaments for Brazil over the summer and this was a minor form of payback to Everton for allowing him to do that.

True but that agreement in itself is against the spirit of the rules FIFA have in place regarding players being released for internationals. Don't get me wrong, the clubs hardly cover themselves in glory with the way they treat the players sometimes over internationals, players wives have come out vocally about the clubs trying to stop players playing for their nations by asking the players themselves to fabricate 'injuries'. The Richarlison situation showed how silly the rules are. 

• The title was changed to Premier League Clubs Blocked from Playing Brazil Stars (and Fred)

Archived