talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham - Saturday 11th September, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30

Live on BT Sport

821px-Crystal_Palace_FC_logo.svg.png       VS     dcx8hug-6bbdc9f9-c40f-44d3-a073-a5350a65

Last 3 Meetings
07/03/2021 - Tottenham 4-1 Crystal Palace
13/12/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham
26/07/2020 - Crystal Palace 1-1 Tottenham

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Palace missed a trick here, a lack of quality where it matter has hurt them. Spurs have been bloody awful and there's no way Nuno is sending them out to play like that in the 2nd half. 

• Subscriber

I want Nuno out. That was abysmal. Didn’t even try to win that game.

Think it’s 0-0 without the red though, Palace equally turgid. 

Japh got to grow up. Silly second yellow although thought he was our best player before that. Not sure how Zaha stayed on the pitch after grabbing his neck though. Moss is a joke. And japh has to play the game better, go down at that point don’t continue trying to fight him 

We didn’t try and win that game though  and even with all the injuries and absences that’s embarrassing against a team battling relegation 

25 minutes ago, Storts said:

I want Nuno out. 

I honestly think he was a shocking appointment, I was shitting myself when we were linked with him and was begging for Benitez over him (which speaks volumes). 

Think the three wins will paper over a lot of cracks to be honest, such a massive downgrade on Poch and even Mourinho for me. 

It just shows it's the odd individuals here or there that make the difference between top half & bottom half.

Spurs are in a fight for Top 6. Or make that 6th.

Palace might get close to Bottom 6.

Subtract Son & well, I'm mildly surprised by the result.

And I think Nuno is far, far better than a few others seem to think, having followed a transformation at Wolves that appeared to revolve around him.

8 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It just shows it's the odd individuals here or there that make the difference between top half & bottom half.

Spurs are in a fight for Top 6. Or make that 6th.

Palace might get close to Bottom 6.

Subtract Son & well, I'm mildly surprised by the result.

And I think Nuno is far, far better than a few others seem to think, having followed a transformation at Wolves that appeared to revolve around him.

Wolves' transformation was pretty much 90% down to Jorge Mendes deciding they were a useful shop window to put his clients in. 

I thought Palace thoroughly deserved it to be frank. Connor Gallagher was an absolute livewire, easy to see why we wanted him on loan. It took a while but Palace gradually wore them down.

Spurs were like a sitting duck waiting to be picked off. They have pushed their luck in the previous three league games, probably have more points than their performances deserve, so they were due to be on the end of a bad one and rightfully got it.

Admittedly, they were dealt a rough hand today with a few out but it feels like it's going to be a slog watching them this season.

As for Palace, they have had a great window. Two decent centre backs, Gallagher, Olise, Edouard and add that with your Zaha's, Eze's, Guita's etc they'll be absolutely fine.

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham - Saturday 11th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived