talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham - Saturday 11th September, 2021

football forum

• Subscriber
24 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I thought Palace thoroughly deserved it to be frank. Connor Gallagher was an absolute livewire, easy to see why we wanted him on loan. It took a while but Palace gradually wore them down.

Spurs were like a sitting duck waiting to be picked off. They have pushed their luck in the previous three league games, probably have more points than their performances deserve, so they were due to be on the end of a bad one and rightfully got it.

Admittedly, they were dealt a rough hand today with a few out but it feels like it's going to be a slog watching them this season.

As for Palace, they have had a great window. Two decent centre backs, Gallagher, Olise, Edouard and add that with your Zaha's, Eze's, Guita's etc they'll be absolutely fine.

They didn’t though. It was only when we went down to ten that the game changed. They did absolutely nothing before that. Did Hugo make a save? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Storts said:

They didn’t though. It was only when we went down to ten that the game changed. They did absolutely nothing before that. Did Hugo make a save? 

The balance of play was all Palace in the first half even if they were toothless. Did Kane actually touch the ball in the first half? He looked less interested that I would be playing for Everton. 

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Rick said:

The balance of play was all Palace in the first half even if they were toothless. Did Kane actually touch the ball in the first half? He looked less interested that I would be playing for Everton. 

Not saying it wasn’t but they didn’t threaten us at all. It was a drab game that was probably 0-0 without the red card. Can’t remember Hugo doing anything. 

Im not defending us at all, it was a dreadful performance. But we were compact and not really looking like conceding at all. 

Also Zaha should have been off   

1 hour ago, Storts said:

They didn't what though? All I said was they thoroughly deserved to win the game, which surely you can see they did, and they wore you down, which again, they did.

I think you read my comments as if they battered you all game which they clearly didn't allbeit, they were the better side and any neutral would surely see that.

I agree that the game turned heavily for them after your red but you know as well as I do you were content for a draw whilst they at least tried to take the game to you.

I think from your point of view its frustrating to capitulate and lose a game 3-0 that wasn't a 3-0 game.

2 hours ago, Storts said:

I want Nuno out. That was abysmal. Didn’t even try to win that game.

Think it’s 0-0 without the red though, Palace equally turgid. 

Japh got to grow up. Silly second yellow although thought he was our best player before that. Not sure how Zaha stayed on the pitch after grabbing his neck though. Moss is a joke. And japh has to play the game better, go down at that point don’t continue trying to fight him 

We didn’t try and win that game though  and even with all the injuries and absences that’s embarrassing against a team battling relegation 

1 bad game and you want the manager gone. That is embarrassing

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

1 bad game and you want the manager gone. That is embarrassing

Didn’t want him to begin with. That’s 3 bad games now too. Shocking against wolves and Watford too 

2 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

It just shows it's the odd individuals here or there that make the difference between top half & bottom half.

Spurs are in a fight for Top 6. Or make that 6th.

Palace might get close to Bottom 6.

Subtract Son & well, I'm mildly surprised by the result.

And I think Nuno is far, far better than a few others seem to think, having followed a transformation at Wolves that appeared to revolve around him.

Wolves have so far struggled without him to be fair but it's to early to tell 

1 minute ago, Storts said:

Didn’t want him to begin with. That’s 3 bad games now too. Shocking against wolves and Watford too 

9 points from 4 games isnt bad considering 1 was against man city and you had all the kane issues as well. You have to give managers time. Liverpool would have got rid of klopp if they were that impatient 

Just now, Gunnersauraus said:

9 points from 4 games isnt bad considering 1 was against man city and you had all the kane issues as well. You have to give managers time. Liverpool would have got rid of klopp if they were that impatient 

No we wouldn't. Klopp inherited a shit squad that needed a total rebuild. 

1 minute ago, LFCMadLad said:

No we wouldn't. Klopp inherited a shit squad that needed a total rebuild. 

Yeah but storts wants to get rid of nuno after one bad result. And there were some unhappy liverpool fans after he finished fourth in the first and second season. What I'm saying are there are some fans that are very impatient and if you are that impatient you never get results. 

3 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Yeah but storts wants to get rid of nuno after one bad result. And there were some unhappy liverpool fans after he finished fourth in the first and second season. What I'm saying are there are some fans that are very impatient and if you are that impatient you never get results. 

You can't compare the two appointments at all. And I don't think any Liverpool fans were unhappy after Klopp's first and second seasons? 

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You can't compare the two appointments at all. And I don't think any Liverpool fans were unhappy after Klopp's first and second seasons? 

There are always some fans that moan mate. I know there were a few, not many but a few. I'm not really  comparing it I'm just saying if you are so impatient that you want a manager out after a few bad results you will always be looking for a new manager.  

23 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Wolves have so far struggled without him to be fair but it's to early to tell 

Yeah, I think Wolves will come good. In terms of not being in real trouble, but they suddenly feel a long way off the top half. I may be wrong, but today seemed like a massive result for them.

They have lost a few, including the manager & the star striker is easing himself back.

1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

There are always some fans that moan mate. I know there were a few, not many but a few. I'm not really  comparing it I'm just saying if you are so impatient that you want a manager out after a few bad results you will always be looking for a new manager.  

You can't compare Nuno at Spurs with Liverpool appointing Klopp though. Spurs fans will have been split on the appointment whereas Liverpool fans were unanimously behind Klopp from the very start because of his track record. I'm not sure where you found Liverpool fans who were unhappy with the clear progress that was made in Klopp's first two seasons, one loon in Twitter I'm guessing?

I do think if Nuno had taken a lower side in Spain, Germany, Italy or somewhere like that, from being nowhere to challenging the big boy names that can't compete financially with West Ham.. then Spurs fans would be totally into the new man. In a similar way Liverpool fans really thought the man who got Dortmund challenging with Bayern was the right fit.

That's where I do see the link Gunnersaurus seems to be suggesting to.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

You can't compare Nuno at Spurs with Liverpool appointing Klopp though. Spurs fans will have been split on the appointment whereas Liverpool fans were unanimously behind Klopp from the very start because of his track record. I'm not sure where you found Liverpool fans who were unhappy with the clear progress that was made in Klopp's first two seasons, one loon in Twitter I'm guessing?

You're really taking it out of context. What I'm saying is wanting nuno out after one bad result is illogical. Wanting klopp out  after he had achieved what he had achieved is illogical. I said there weren't many fans that wanted klopp out. Just a few on the radio and I think Alan Shearer said they hadn't progressed under klopp. All I'm saying is both are illogical.

2 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I do think if Nuno had taken a lower side in Spain, Germany, Italy or somewhere like that, from being nowhere to challenging the big boy names that can't compete financially with West Ham.. then Spurs fans would be totally into the new man. In a similar way Liverpool fans really thought the man who got Dortmund challenging with Bayern was the right fit.

That's where I do see the link Gunnersaurus seems to be suggesting to.

See above for what I mean mate

If Nuno had gone Crystal Palace he would have been admired.

If Nuno had gone Everton he would have had "Wait and See" response.

He went Tottenham where he's got a "What the Fuck" response.

His level is 8th to 14th. Admittedly his stock was better when Wolves were in Europe and before Jimenez had that horrible injury but he did himself no favours by opting a very defensive approach last season after that.

If I was a Tottenham fan I wouldn't want him there either. A team with Hojberg, Skipp, Moura, Kane, Winks and Alli is more than capable of dictating the play and creating opportunities at Selhurst Park. Instead they were rigid, they broke up play, surrendered possession, played aggressive and went for tactical fouls. Harry Kane looked absolutely perplexed by what was going on. It was pathetic and was the worst Tottenham performance I've seen at Selhurst Park during our nine season stint in the Premier League.

11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

You're really taking it out of context. What I'm saying is wanting nuno out after one bad result is illogical. Wanting klopp out  after he had achieved what he had achieved is illogical. I said there weren't many fans that wanted klopp out. Just a few on the radio and I think Alan Shearer said they hadn't progressed under klopp. All I'm saying is both are illogical.

Storts has said he never wanted Nuno though and I think he was taking that position from the moment they were linked with him if I'm not mistaken. Yeah they had a good start when you look at the results but I'm assuming the main issue is that the football is shite and not sustainable. I was the same when Liverpool appointed Roy Hodgson.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Storts has said he never wanted Nuno though and I think he was taking that position from the moment they were linked with him if I'm not mistaken. Yeah they had a good start but I'm assuming the main issue is that the football is shite and not sustainable. I was the same when Liverpool appointed Roy Hodgson.

Shite football sometimes gets results. Simeone and Mourinho years ago. Its irrelevant anyway like I said wanting things rid of a manager after one bad result is illogical. Thats my point 

• The title was changed to Crystal Palace 3-0 Tottenham - Saturday 11th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived