1200px-Chelsea_FC.svg.png       VS     1200px-Aston_Villa_FC_crest_(2016).svg.p

Last 3 Meetings
23/05/2021 - Aston Villa 2-1 Chelsea
28/12/2020 - Chelsea 1-1 Aston Villa
21/06/2020 - Aston Villa 1-2 Chelsea

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Emi's (Martinez & Buendia) part of the whole Brazil vs Argentina debacle were already going to be missing for Villa due to that match.

Can't seem to find any news of Douglas Luiz situation or lack of situation.

Entirely possible it may seem more like an early round cup tie. Which of course is actually happening too in the Carabao Cup just a week & half after this.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Reports we may see Saul make his debut. Considering Kante is injured and Jorginho played all three games on international duty, its a possibility. 

Lukaku?

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

He’s fit according to Tuchel: 

Those Villa fans are going to be upset now.... xD

They were 100% he was going to be out for this one.. I did read the reports about his thigh injury but Tuchel said he played with no problems at all so that's good..

3 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Those Villa fans are going to be upset now.... xD

They were 100% he was going to be out for this one.. I did read the reports about his thigh injury but Tuchel said he played with no problems at all so that's good..

I think recent decades have hardened many Villa fans from being too emotional over 1 guy in a Chelsea shirt.

We seem to be a minority club that were just fine letting players go play for their countries.

I was predicting a big Chelsea win just based on Villa's probable under strength side. With or without Lukaku, Chelsea are still clear favourites. Not seeing or hearing anything to suggest a bit of a reality jolt is not on the way for my club & fellow fans in the month ahead. Just seems too many Villa players not settled, not fit, etc. Ashley Young seeming a way too important utility man.

But then on the other hand.. I would not swap 1 Villa defender for anything that say Arsenal have. Emi 'who' Buendia is out, but Leon 'not Sancho' Bailey could be ready. McGinn is easily Scotland's best player, breaking all sorts of scoring records for them. And Danny Ings does score goals. It is kind of his thing too.

Where both clubs are at, at least right now, even a narrow defeat is almost something Villa would be able to see positives to take forward. In their new era. Chelsea are the side that likely must win, to avoid tears & tantrums. Fingers pointing at those not good enough as squad players, etc.

2 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I think recent decades have hardened many Villa fans from being too emotional over 1 guy in a Chelsea shirt.

We seem to be a minority club that were just fine letting players go play for their countries.

I was predicting a big Chelsea win just based on Villa's probable under strength side. With or without Lukaku, Chelsea are still clear favourites. Not seeing or hearing anything to suggest a bit of a reality jolt is not on the way for my club & fellow fans in the month ahead. Just seems too many Villa players not settled, not fit, etc. Ashley Young seeming a way too important utility man.

But then on the other hand.. I would not swap 1 Villa defender for anything that say Arsenal have. Emi 'who' Buendia is out, but Leon 'not Sancho' Bailey could be ready. McGinn is easily Scotland's best player, breaking all sorts of scoring records for them. And Danny Ings does score goals. It is kind of his thing too.

Where both clubs are at, at least right now, even a narrow defeat is almost something Villa would be able to see positives to take forward. In their new era. Chelsea are the side that likely must win, to avoid tears & tantrums. Fingers pointing at those not good enough as squad players, etc.

I think a lot of the comments I was reading from them were mostly light hearted fun.. Like "It's our Birthday" and " 6-0 the Villa" all that sort of stuff.. xD

Villa can consider themselves unlucky they have not gone in on level terms at the very least.. We can consider ourselves lucky we don't have Kepa in goal today... Is it me or does Harvertz look a little tired and off the pace?? Understandable mind but we need more energy in that final third, Villa have been a constant threat and we need to up a gear.. 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Saul with possibly the worst debut I’ve ever seen. 

Not having a great game but then the whole team are under the cosh the way Villa played that first 45 so a bit hard to judge him on his first outing.. 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 3-0 Aston Villa - Saturday 11th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived