• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Leeds 0-3 Liverpool - Sunday 12th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Struijk sent off. Not sure that's correct and it's just one of those that's very unfortunate for Elliott's leg to be trapped underneath. 

Very bad for Elliott. Could tell straight away as he sat back up it was bad when you see his ankle. Not nice to see. 

Maybe just unlucky then xD, not watching the game so haven't seen the tackle. My commentary saying that it's a shocker, but might be off the mark.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Hearing that Elliots leg is broken? Fucking awful news, looks such a young talent and has been amazing whenever I've seen him. 

Mark Goldbridge likening it to Son's challenge on Andre Gomes, which was abysmal too.

Nothing like that challenge to be fair. 

Why are you even listening to that berk anyway xD

• Administrator
Just now, Whiskey said:

Maybe just unlucky then xD, not watching the game so haven't seen the tackle. My commentary saying that it's a shocker, but might be off the mark.

It's a tackle from behind, absolutely no malice or intention to injure Elliott. Struijk does get the ball but the way he's positioned and Elliott leg trapped under his body accidentally, and it twists underneath Struijk's body. 

• Administrator
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’m absolutely gutted for Elliot. He looked a special talent in a short time.

Yep, same. Had started the season so well, too. Hope he comes back the same kind of player. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Danny said:

Think it was cos the Leeds defender on the line was actually stood behind it, so technically off the pitch?

They probably tried to see if Mane was blocking the sight of keeper or defender, but he moved out of the way anyway. Should have been an easy look at it once and then check complete. 

3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It was a scissor from behind. Of course it's a red

I don't think it was a scissor? 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

They probably tried to see if Mane was blocking the sight of keeper or defender, but he moved out of the way anyway. Should have been an easy look at it once and then check complete. 

I don't think it was a scissor? 

It was. Gary Neville is chatting pure shite on this sky commentary

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It was. Gary Neville is chatting pure shite on this sky commentary

I don't think it was. Seen it a few times and don't see the scissors action. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I don't think it was. Seen it a few times and don't see the scissors action. 

Yeah I've just watched it for myself, seen it a few times and it's not a scissor for me, arguably not a red either. 

Think it's one of those tackles that's suddenly an instant red due to the injury, which shouldn't be the case. 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Think it's one of those tackles that's suddenly an instant red due to the injury, which shouldn't be the case. 

This. 

Apparently Pawson had already decided its a red, too, and VAR was in use just to confirm it. 

I think Pawson gave the red based on the severity of the injury as opposed to the nature of the tackle. 

• The title was changed to Leeds 0-3 Liverpool - Sunday 12th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived