• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM22

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

FM21 has been the worst one by a long way, really hoping that they can get back to the standard that they've set previously with 22.

What's been so bad about it? 21 is the first I've played since 2014 (and I didn't play that one properly) so I don't know how different it is to previous versions. I'm enjoying this one though.

I doubt I'll get the next one as things stand but if I do it won't be until later next year as I know there's always issues that need fixing with these new releases

Not really bothered by how good the games are year to year as I think they’re great regardless and buy them anyway. I don’t really get strung up on minor details, so I’ll get this at Christmas as per every year. 

Never really done it but Barcelona with their finances could be a good save. 

On 09/09/2021 at 18:27, LFCMike said:

What's been so bad about it? 21 is the first I've played since 2014 (and I didn't play that one properly) so I don't know how different it is to previous versions. I'm enjoying this one though.

I doubt I'll get the next one as things stand but if I do it won't be until later next year as I know there's always issues that need fixing with these new releases

A lot of the features that were in FM20 are now randomly hidden behind multiple menus, the new tablet style system during the game is much worse than the interface we had in the last year's edition - there's just so much they tweaked and made worse. 

I know that the game have bugs at launch too, but this year was something else. Having to scrap careers because the AI couldn't register any players (forcing them to play U21's/U18's) and the bug where no newgens generated set the scene and killed the mood for me. 

I just think that it's honestly a bit of a hot mess.

• 4 weeks later...

It goes without saying I love FM and would have given the 2021 version a 10/10.

The FM 2022 would have received a 9.5/10 largely due to the points @Whiskeymade around the interface and the changes to the match experience.

I am a still massive fan of the touch version by the way. Hopefully they improve the backroom staff numbers albeit I'm not sure if that will affect the speed of the game. 

Not decided who to manage for definite yet. If I was to consider overseas management I'd possibly look a side like Fiorentina. I've not managed in Serie A since Juventus became a juggernaut but with the league becoming more open it looks far more appealing.

In England I'd probably start at Spurs with the challenge of selling Harry Kane within the first twelve months and building a new squad. I considered Barnsley and MK Dons to see if I could replicate the Brentford model successfully but doing so would be very similar to my last FM 21 save with Wigan that went ridiculously well.

I stopped playing FM a while ago, wouldn't say I'm excited about the new game but if it's back to what FM20 (and those before it) then I'll be made up. I've got a week off work booked from the 8th too so will probably be hammering my way through it xD

Going to do a BETA save with PSG, just because of the ridiculous squad they have but haven't decided on my first "proper" save. I always say I'll do a Wrexham save (as I lived there) and never do, but will probably jump on it this season due to the fact that they've been taken over and the fact that in real life they'll probably get out of the non league.

8 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

That's random. Surely it must have sold well enough on other platforms (I highly doubt Nintendo would attempt to buy exclusive rights to FM Touch). 

Reading the blog they've published they've put it down to sales on Google Play Store, Apple Store etc for FM Touch not being worth the cost and work to get those games to a working standard every year.

Not sure how they've measured it with Steam because you get the Touch version free with the full version which is what I've used it by. 

They've also mentioned covid which I'm not giving much thought too as Sports Interactive have previously claimed they've made a killing through Covid and its becoming the 'wasters dream' excuse for problems.

I'm disappointed with it. The big pro of FM Touch is that it runs so smooth and quick because all the bulky features they've added since FM 19 with the press conferances, huge backroom staff set up etc are not there. 

Playing the beta I think there's enough that's different to keep me invested for the next year.

Started off with Barnsley. Eight points in the first five games and knocked out both Sheff Utd and West Brom in the Carabao Cup. Going with the moneyball approach with transfers. Styles, Helik and Woodrow all look very good early on.

7 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Wasn't going to get it this year but if it's on Game Pass, I'll be getting it!

According to what I saw back last month, it should be available from the off. 

On 09/09/2021 at 18:04, Bluebird Hewitt said:

On 22/10/2021 at 09:13, The Palace Fan said:

They've tweaked the match day experience again but it's easier to adapt if you played FM21.

They really want people to get immersed in to the 3D match engine but I still find myself gravitating to the 2d version.

I think that the 3D engine is pretty abysmal tbh, even on the high powered machines that you see the YouTubers using. It's 2D all the way for me. 

42 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I think that the 3D engine is pretty abysmal tbh, even on the high powered machines that you see the YouTubers using. It's 2D all the way for me. 

I just find it easier with 2D on extended highlights to figure out whose not pulling there weight with instructions off the ball. Even if they had Fifa graphics I find this method easier with a management game.

I used to be like you, and didn't like the 3D thing. Mostly because I don't like change and I was used to 2D for over a decade. Starting using 3D two years ago, and I'm never going back. :D

On 10/10/2021 at 22:16, Whiskey said:

I stopped playing FM a while ago, wouldn't say I'm excited about the new game but if it's back to what FM20 (and those before it) then I'll be made up. I've got a week off work booked from the 8th too so will probably be hammering my way through it xD

Going to do a BETA save with PSG, just because of the ridiculous squad they have but haven't decided on my first "proper" save. I always say I'll do a Wrexham save (as I lived there) and never do, but will probably jump on it this season due to the fact that they've been taken over and the fact that in real life they'll probably get out of the non league.

Started with PSG, planned to do 2-3 years with them but going to just call it a day after one. Won the title unbeaten, 28 points clear of Lyon in 2nd - 34 wins and 4 draws. 

Won the French Cup, with a 2-0 win over Rennes (before beating them 6-0 in the league the week after) and won the French Super Cup 3-1 against Lille. 

Annihilated most of the league, including a 10-0 dismantling of Angers in Gameweek 5. 

Going to start with Wrexham tomorrow, seeing as *touch wood* there doesn't seem to be any gamebreaker bugs so far.

Started a save with Fortuna Düsseldorf. Our Japanese player Ao Tanaka is not even in the game. Apparently because he's on loam from Kawasaki Frontale, and FM doesn't have the rights for Japanese teams. 🙄 Unplayable!

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived