FM22

football forum

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Second season completed.

image.png

I really think a dreadful opening 2/3 months cost us promotion. I changed the system and eventually we looked comfortable against virtually anybody - we actually beat all of the top 5 in the second half of the season including away to the top two. I'm not particularly happy with the age profile within my squad, we definitely need to bring in a couple of younger players this summer.

Providing I land my targets (I'm wanting probably 5/6 players) I fancy us to go up next season. Nobody particularly daunting has dropped either.

My side for anybody interested;

image.png

Think the obvious targets based on that at a left sided centre half, maybe even two as Veseli probably only has a year of any use left and he's on quite good money (though he's a steady enough defender and his versatily is handy). I've got N'Guessan back for a season. We need a left winger as Menudo I feel I really did get the max out of this year, a winger to replace Sarmiento and then a striker too. Looking at Zirkzee on a free if we can convince him.

Deportivo have a class academy, we've got a couple who I think will feature a bit next season who'll turn 17 this year - genuinely think they'll be good enough.

14 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Leave it to your director of football

Have you seen their usual wage demands? Outrageous sometimes. The director of football probably gives in to their demands, whereas I fight for every penny! 

Anyway, in my first season back in the Bundesliga, I just managed to avoid relegation finishing 15th. 

2nd season in the Bundesliga is going much better so far. Looks like we won't get into any relegation fight headaches at all. 

Unbenannt.png

4 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Have you seen their usual wage demands? Outrageous sometimes. The director of football probably gives in to their demands, whereas I fight for every penny! 

I couldn't be arsed doing all them contracts. In the interest of realism, I even let my DoF handle player contracts and only get involved if they don't agree a deal and it's a player in desperate to keep.

1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

I couldn't be arsed doing all them contracts. In the interest of realism, I even let my DoF handle player contracts and only get involved if they don't agree a deal and it's a player in desperate to keep.

No wonder it takes me ages to finish a season. 😅

• Administrator

Same as @LFCMike - I usually let DoF deal with most/all staff contracts. I'll deal with senior player contracts and any reserve/youth players that have high potential. 

I also don't like to let contracts run down to 12 months or less. If I'm in 2023 for example, I'll not let any players/staff contracts expire before 2025. I made one mistake on an old FM of totally missing out on staff contracts and lost majority of them xD

• Subscriber

This season is infuriating me. I've won every home game yet we go away, dominate and lose.

My goalkeeper is the problem. He just has to be. His average rating in home games is 7.02 and his average rating in away games is 6.56. Utterly ridiculous. In the xG table we're top by 5 points already - we've won all bar one game on it.

On 28/11/2021 at 22:32, Tommy said:

I've noticed a good technical director will negotiate a far better wage than I could which is completely the opposite of previous games.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Tommy said:

What a regen I found in Argentina. Signed him for 7ish Mio Euros, and he's already worth triple and is constantly improving. Always the best in training too. 

Unbenannt.png

Holy shit that's good.

Good luck keeping him! No doubt the bigger clubs will be circling like vultures and before you know it he's forcing a move. But even so it'll probably be great to get 2-3 seasons out of him! 

36 minutes ago, Stan said:

Holy shit that's good.

Good luck keeping him! No doubt the bigger clubs will be circling like vultures and before you know it he's forcing a move. But even so it'll probably be great to get 2-3 seasons out of him! 

Thanks! It looks like I could seriously qualify for the Europa League this season after brarely escaping relegation last year. So that should help me keeping him around a bit longer. xD

Started my first save with Cracovia in the Esktraklasa. We were predicted 11th out of 18 and the board aim was a top-half finish. 

I went for a kind of basic 4-4-2 with narrow attacking mids on either side, and spammed overlaps on the right with our RB who is absolutely quality for this level - Otar Kakabadze. We were in a title race pretty much the entire season and ended up finishing 2nd, just a couple of points behind Lech Poznan.

2nd season, we so far have gotten through all 4 rounds of Europa Conference qualifying, and we have earned about £5m in prize money - just for getting to the Group Stage. 

That might not look like much but to put that in context, our entire weekly wage bill is £55k! 

We have about £6m in the bank and the board have given me £2m to spend, which is actually quite difficult to spend for a club our size. Our stature is so low that nobody who costs that much would really want to come, our wage structure is also way behind the kind of wages that those players will ask for, and we have such shit scouts that I don't even know who to go for anyway. So I've avoided any big spending and focused on trying to hoover up decent Polish and Czech prospects.

Since there's not much else to spend the money on, I've been busy requesting improvements for our coaching and scouting teams, our training facilities, and have even managed to convince the board to buy our stadium.

We're not really in the title race yet but we are still firmly competing for the European spots. The idea is to try to gradually build the club into a strong position, rather than risk our money on a few big signings to try and chase a title in the next couple of seasons.

After finishing 2nd in my first season, I finished 5th in my second season. However, we went into the final matchday top of the league, only needing a win away against Stal Mielec. However, thanks to a couple of outside of the box wondergoals we lost 3-2, and finished 5th - despite being just two points off the top. 

Ridiculously close. This league is pretty brutal: Lech, Legia, Slask, and Wisla are all competitive for the title. And we are quite a bit behind budget-wise, trying to overtake them all.

I think I'll give up if we don't win this season, but 15 games in we are top with a small cushion of a few points behind us. 

Gave in and bought FM22 last night and fired it up.  Starting with Dortmund as I know the squad and I can focus on the mechanics of the game.  Only have 11mil as a transfer budget, which seems low.  First on the agenda, sign a fucking CB.

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived