talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM22

football forum

I actually managed to get Fortuna Düsseldorf into the Europa League final. xD Won the 2nd leg 0-1 in Monaco with an xG of 0.19 xD Luckily I have an Argentinian Wonderkid regen upfront who doesn't need many chances to score. 

This is one of my best achievements in FM I've had so far. Gonna play the final against Ajax later. Might invite some family and put on a suit for the occasion. :ph34r:

Unbenannt.png

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've actually won the Europa League with Fortuna Düsseldorf. Really pulled an Eintracht Frankfurt there, as I only finished 12th in the league. My Argentine Wonderkid scored the decider in the 100th minute. 

Didn't even need to savescum either. :ph34r:

Unbenannt.png

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

So I've actually won the Europa League with Fortuna Düsseldorf. Really pulled an Eintracht Frankfurt there, as I only finished 12th in the league. My Argentine Wonderkid scored the decider in the 100th minute. 

Didn't even need to savescum either. :ph34r:

Unbenannt.png

So you just about saved your job then. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

So you just about saved your job then. :ph34r:

Yes and no. Avoiding relegation was the target, so 12th is not bad. But it's bad compared to 6th where we finished in the previous season. 🤔

Anyway, Champions League next season. Time to sign some talent and get rid off the dead wood. Pre-Season is the best part of FM for me. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 03/05/2022 at 02:23, Dan said:

The goalkeeping on this game is just fucked. I'm getting so fed up of it now. I appreciate some keepers are crap, some have bad games etc... but why is it this hard to get a reliable goalkeeper? I'm not asking for Buffon just a keeper who won't drop a 6.2 in a third of his games.

It's FM22's answer to the appalling finishing on FM20.

Late to the party but this 100%. I've done 7 seasons with FC Porto and not found a single outstanding goalkeeper, Andre Onana came on a free and he's been very stable to be fair, but nobody near the world class talents that I found for Ajax on FM20 - goalkeepers seem to come with promise but no matter what you do just turn to being average, even when in my case they're playing week in and week out in what I'd consider a "B" tier league (and exposed to Champions League football).

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Whiskey said:

Late to the party but this 100%. I've done 7 seasons with FC Porto and not found a single outstanding goalkeeper, Andre Onana came on a free and he's been very stable to be fair, but nobody near the world class talents that I found for Ajax on FM20 - goalkeepers seem to come with promise but no matter what you do just turn to being average, even when in my case they're playing week in and week out in what I'd consider a "B" tier league (and exposed to Champions League football).

For me it's not even that it's hard to buy good ones, for example in Korea, I bought objectively the league's best goalkeeper, he had topped the advanced goalkeeping stats in a Jeonbuk side that won the league, but had fallen out with them so I managed to bring him to Gangwon. He comes here and ends up with the worst save ratio in the division.

I also had a goalkeeper come through at Gangwon who is objectively top class and even he was guilty. His average rating was something like 6.60. He's now playing for Bayer Leverkusen and wanted by PSG. This was in the fucking K-League.

At Monterrey, last season, my keeper was probably ability wise about the 4th best in the division. His performance? 18th out of all 18 regular starters.

This season, same system for the most part - best goalkeeper in the division for performance.

It seems to be really random and goalkeepers are just too prone to having shit games even when there's nothing to suggest they should do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

Generally going well for me with Grimsby. Second season in League One - the expectation is still to avoid relegation despite a mid table finish last season. Currently sat in the last play off position after 19 games so a good start for us. One humiliating defeat to local rivals Hull (4-0) almost got me the sack but followed it with a 5-0 battering of Crewe in the next game which boosted morale massively.

Did the usual 'one more game' thing tonight and glad I did - what a match!

image.png

I managed to get Forest Green in to the Premier League.

Kane Wilson was the only League Two survivor but a lot of the core of the League One survived the climb.

Luke McGee and Udoka Godwin-Malife didn't stay with us but got moves to Burnley and Stoke City.

Ricky Jade-Jones, Billy Koumetio, Jamie Bowden, Tyreece John-Jules and Mart Daly were all very influential signings. 

1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

I managed to get Forest Green in to the Premier League.

Kane Wilson was the only League Two survivor but a lot of the core of the League One survived the climb.

Luke McGee and Udoka Godwin-Malife didn't stay with us but got moves to Burnley and Stoke City.

Ricky Jade-Jones, Billy Koumetio, Jamie Bowden, Tyreece John-Jules and Mart Daly were all very influential signings. 

Vegan nonces.

• The topic was pinned
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Still season 5 for me with Grimsby and I'm still in and around the play offs, chasing the second automatic promotion slot. Brentford are running away with it in the league so no chance of catching them!

I think I've fatigued just in time for FM 2023.

Final Endings:

Save One - Four years at Barnsley ended in me getting sacked and taking on the Derby County job where I was able to turn them in to a yo yo club.

Save Two - Moved on from MK Dons after promotion to Leeds United which ended in me getting sacked after failing to finish in the top half in my third season. I kept West Ham up the following season and then started to plateau after  good start.

Save Three - Took Forest Green to the Premier League and started well. This game I lost interest in as I ended up turning down vastly bigger jobs which made the experience feel unrealistic.

Save Four - Did a short spell with Spurs which resulted in me getting sacked before Christmas.

I don't get to play Football Manager as much as I have in the past with being a Dad now, so for the past few months I've been doing a save with FC Porto. ''Easy'' enough that I'm basically guaranteed to be up there but there's always the challenge of Benfica and Sporting, plus being a bit of a minnow when it comes to fighting the European powerhouses. 

I've just wrapped up Season 10, the longest save I've ever done on FM and resigned as I think I've done everything I could possibly do. I managed to win the Champions League in Season 8 (my objective at the start was to emulate Mourinho) and from there I managed to follow it up with a Champions League in Season 9 & 10. We won our first Champions League 3-1 against PSG, won our second 4-0 against Internazionale and then won on penalties against Manchester United when we drew 1-1 AET for the third. After our first title the shackles seemed to just come off and apart from Liverpool (who are always fucking difficult) I'd say we become real big hitters on the continent and fancies ourselves against anyone. A 7-0 dismantling of Bayern Munich in Season 9 and a 6-0 battering of Juventus in Season 10 were particular highlights in this regard.

10 years, 10 domestic league titles. Benfica ran us close every year bar Season 10 (where we won by 12 points). In Season 2 & 3 Benfica managed to score 91 points, which is the joint record in real life but we managed to sneak ahead of them by a point each season to take the title. Sporting actually gave us a good run in Season 1 too but for the next 9 years were a bit hit and miss - never really challenging us or Benfica, making each season a two-horse race.

My best signing was without doubt Youssoufa Moukoko, I pride myself on buying cheap wonderkids and selling them for profit but every now and then I'll splash on someone that I really, really want to use. Signed Moukoko for £69m in Season 4 and he just dominated every single season, I managed to form a great relationship with him too so he never wanted to leave - scoring goals for us both in Portugal and Europe, being a massive reason for our success and scoring in the PSG final. 

After winning 10 league titles I've managed to make FC Porto the most successful club in Portugal, now 1 league title ahead of Benfica. With a total of 5 European Cups to their 2, we're massively full of bragging rights too. Alongside myself now personally treated as a ''Legend'' in the clubs history books. 

My final statistics are as follows:

P: 553 W: 436 D; 46 L: 71 GF: 1529 GA: 499 GD 1030

League Titles: 10/10

Trophies: 23

50 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

I don't get to play Football Manager as much as I have in the past with being a Dad now, so for the past few months I've been doing a save with FC Porto. ''Easy'' enough that I'm basically guaranteed to be up there but there's always the challenge of Benfica and Sporting, plus being a bit of a minnow when it comes to fighting the European powerhouses. 

I've just wrapped up Season 10, the longest save I've ever done on FM and resigned as I think I've done everything I could possibly do. I managed to win the Champions League in Season 8 (my objective at the start was to emulate Mourinho) and from there I managed to follow it up with a Champions League in Season 9 & 10. We won our first Champions League 3-1 against PSG, won our second 4-0 against Internazionale and then won on penalties against Manchester United when we drew 1-1 AET for the third. After our first title the shackles seemed to just come off and apart from Liverpool (who are always fucking difficult) I'd say we become real big hitters on the continent and fancies ourselves against anyone. A 7-0 dismantling of Bayern Munich in Season 9 and a 6-0 battering of Juventus in Season 10 were particular highlights in this regard.

10 years, 10 domestic league titles. Benfica ran us close every year bar Season 10 (where we won by 12 points). In Season 2 & 3 Benfica managed to score 91 points, which is the joint record in real life but we managed to sneak ahead of them by a point each season to take the title. Sporting actually gave us a good run in Season 1 too but for the next 9 years were a bit hit and miss - never really challenging us or Benfica, making each season a two-horse race.

My best signing was without doubt Youssoufa Moukoko, I pride myself on buying cheap wonderkids and selling them for profit but every now and then I'll splash on someone that I really, really want to use. Signed Moukoko for £69m in Season 4 and he just dominated every single season, I managed to form a great relationship with him too so he never wanted to leave - scoring goals for us both in Portugal and Europe, being a massive reason for our success and scoring in the PSG final. 

After winning 10 league titles I've managed to make FC Porto the most successful club in Portugal, now 1 league title ahead of Benfica. With a total of 5 European Cups to their 2, we're massively full of bragging rights too. Alongside myself now personally treated as a ''Legend'' in the clubs history books. 

My final statistics are as follows:

P: 553 W: 436 D; 46 L: 71 GF: 1529 GA: 499 GD 1030

League Titles: 10/10

Trophies: 23

These games are very difficult to get back into after an extended break. The UI and the features are much less user friendly then it used to be, it's a lot more verbose and bloated then it used to be. So I applaud you being able to get back into these games, for me it was like looking at a manual in Greek. I just want to create tactics and buy players with a comprehensive simulation engine, I don't want to hire scouts, create portfolios, watch youth prospect matches, etc. It is bordering chores.

9 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Every year I say I'm going to do this and then they'll change the slightest feature and I'm committed to buying the new game.

new game smell is awesome except fallout.  im stuck on fallout 4 for a long time due to the great mods.

fm22 update makes Newcastle stupid easy to play with

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2022 at 07:14, OrangeKhrush said:

new game smell is awesome except fallout.  im stuck on fallout 4 for a long time due to the great mods.

fm22 update makes Newcastle stupid easy to play with

What version did you download?

I've tried Sortitoutsi and FM Scout. Neither age the players or set loan contracts so they finish in 2023. So even if you download the add on to start the game in June 2022, all your loan players leave before the season starts.

On 30/09/2022 at 14:35, The Palace Fan said:

What version did you download?

I've tried Sortitoutsi and FM Scout. Neither age the players or set loan contracts so they finish in 2023. So even if you download the add on to start the game in June 2022, all your loan players leave before the season starts.

ill have to have a look,  i am running the january update

• The topic was unpinned

Archived