talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

FM22

football forum

12 hours ago, Tommy said:

Started a save with Fortuna Düsseldorf. Our Japanese player Ao Tanaka is not even in the game. Apparently because he's on loam from Kawasaki Frontale, and FM doesn't have the rights for Japanese teams. 🙄 Unplayable!

You should manage Cardiff for a laugh. :)

Also, what's the general opinion of FM22 so far? 

Haven't owned the PC version for a while, so may bite as I have a laptop that may actually run it well now. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FM isn't nearly as big over here as it is in the UK.  I played FM for the first time on FM21 as a third division team in Germany figuring the expectations would be low and I could learn the mechanics of the game.  Have to say that I had an extremely difficult time getting results.  I think I was bottom third in the table 10-12 matches into the season and with no sign of any improvement from the squad.  Seems to me that I might have tinkered too much and I can definitely see "option paralysis" in this game.  Too many options, no clue what to do or where to begin, so I hung it up.

• Subscriber
40 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So I'm stuck on this screen. Transfer deadline has passed, and it asked me to register my players. I did, and it still doesn't let me continue. 

Apparently it's a known issue. 🙄

Unbenannt.png

I had this in one of the previous versions. The solution then was to go on holiday for a few days; don't know if it works in FM22, but maybe worth a try?

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

I had this in one of the previous versions. The solution then was to go on holiday for a few days; don't know if it works in FM22, but maybe worth a try?

I just quit and loaded a savegame from a few days before deadline day. Now I couldn't sign the player I wanted, and all the transfers turned out a bit different, but at least I could continue. 😬 The holiday thing sounds good though. Just fly away and let the others handle the difficult stuff. xD

Starting a second save with MK Dons. Barnsley losing almost the entire squad killed my enthusiasm a little but I'll go back to that save at some point.

The 'fun' thing about MK Dons is that I can mould them in to whatever I want as they don't really have a solid identity. They have some good players for sell on value purposes too.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

What's special about them? :o 

I had a previous save on FM where I started with St Albans and it turned out pretty decent.

Plus they're local and sponsored by a local band also a favourite of mine. I went to school with their striker too.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

I had a previous save on FM where I started with St Albans and it turned out pretty decent.

Plus they're local and sponsored by a local band also a favourite of mine. I went to school with their striker too.

Ahh, that's cool! :o 

Won 2. Bundesliga with Fortuna Düsseldorf and really enjoyed this game. Now in the Bundesliga I'm having a really tough time, and it really dampens my playing experience. And I even rejected an offer to take over AS Monaco at the beginning of the season. 🥲

(I have a backup save though, where I accepted the AS Monaco offer. Like an alternate reality.) 

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived