talkfootball365

Group F - Matchday 1 - Tuesday 14th September, 2021

football forum

Fair play to Young Boys, they deserved to win on the night.

I always felt they had a huge advantage on the turf pitch and it proved too much when down to ten men. I've no doubt the loss of control and lunge from AWB can be attributed to the zip the ball gets on the surface.

They played with a higher intensity on the surface and it paid off.

Personally I don't believe it's fair play to allow a team an advantage of playing competitive football week in, week out on a turf. I even put Lingards scuffed pass down to the pitch.

All in all it was a bad evening for United but we will all lose at some point in the season so it has to be taken on the chin.

26 minutes ago, Devil said:

Fair play to Young Boys, they deserved to win on the night.

I always felt they had a huge advantage on the turf pitch and it proved too much when down to ten men. I've no doubt the loss of control and lunge from AWB can be attributed to the zip the ball gets on the surface.

They played with a higher intensity on the surface and it paid off.

Personally I don't believe it's fair play to allow a team an advantage of playing competitive football week in, week out on a turf. I even put Lingards scuffed pass down to the pitch.

All in all it was a bad evening for United but we will all lose at some point in the season so it has to be taken on the chin.

I think you're placing too much emphasis on that.

Your manager and midfield is the problem. I don't think you see Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City with their backs to the wall, not registering another attempt in tonight's scenario

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I think you're placing too much emphasis on that.

Your manager and midfield is the problem. I don't think you see Chelsea, Liverpool or Man City with their backs to the wall, not registering another attempt in tonight's scenario

Liverpool, City and Chelsea lose football matches as well you know. You're not unbeatable.

I stand by my opinion, they played the pitch better than we did and that was to be expected given they play on the pitch week in, week out.

It was a bad day at the office, it happens. 

Edited by Devil

1 hour ago, Devil said:

Liverpool, City and Chelsea lose football matches as well you know. You're not unbeatable.

I stand by my opinion, they played the pitch better than we did and that was to be expected given they play on the pitch week in, week out.

It was a bad day at the office, it happens. 

Of course they do. I'd be worried with the nature of it if I was a Man United fan though

5 hours ago, MUFC said:

A masterstroke by Ole! Takes off Ronaldo, brings on Lingard and he sets up the winner! 

Lingard orchestrating his own transfer?

why was he so deep in his own half? Ronaldo would not be. Even at 10 men. 

still long way to go for Man U. Sure they will bounce back 

• Upvote 1

Every chance they crash out at the groups again after that. They shouldn't, but they shouldn't have last time and they did, and the signs are it could happen again. Can see Villarreal holding them to a couple of draws and Atalanta aren't easy.

A shocking start. I find it amazing they persist with Solskjaer, I really do.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Dan said:

Every chance they crash out at the groups again after that. They shouldn't, but they shouldn't have last time and they did, and the signs are it could happen again. Can see Villarreal holding them to a couple of draws and Atalanta aren't easy.

A shocking start. I find it amazing they persist with Solskjaer, I really do.

I think it's fortunate that their group overall is quite weak. Despite this, I still fancy them to progress quite comfortably. I'd expect them to beat Villareal and Atalanta at home and likely pick up the results they need away from home.

But there are a few groups in this year's CL where a result like this would have had them halfway out already.

6 minutes ago, Inverted said:

I think it's fortunate that their group overall is quite weak. Despite this, I still fancy them to progress quite comfortably. I'd expect them to beat Villareal and Atalanta at home and likely pick up the results they need away from home.

But there are a few groups in this year's CL where a result like this would have had them halfway out already.

I don't think either team there is a pushover. And finishing 2nd in the group could spell an early exit!

I’m by no means an ‘Ole In’ guy, but the overreactions when it comes to anything United related is laughable. 2 individual mistakes (that Lingard one is a fucking calamity) and yet it Solskjaers fault? Ronaldo is a liability when your down to 10 men from a defensive standpoint. No issues bringing him off. If anything, Matic should have been on sooner. Also, you can’t fucking prepare for that stupid tackle from Wan-Bissaka. The only thing I’m struggling with is why Varane wasn’t playing. 

It’s gone from ‘United always get the easy groups dur dur dur’, to ‘Oh, this is dead tricky now’. It’s isn’t tricky at all. There’s zero excuses for not dicking this group. However, I still expect us to royally fuck this up as I said to all my United mates off the forum immediately after the draw and on here as well.

Chlesea got dicked 5-2 by West Brom last year after a sending off. But apparently they would have faired far better here. Different scenarios, different situation, all ifs and buts. Any team could have crumbled, capitulated, held on for a draw, held on for the win. Today, an individual error cost us at the death. Young Boys played fantastically well with real width and pace. It’s a disservice to them that we ultimately fucked it. But it’s not on Solksjaer this one I’m afraid.