talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Conte - "Costa Not Part of My Plans"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised by that - Costa seems to be a popular member of the squad so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a backlash from the players.

Lukaku to Chelsea is now a certainty.

Bit surprised by this to be honest

Obviously there was some tension at times between him and Conte but thought they had worked out their issues but when Costa is quoting that his relationship with Conte was bad it does not get any clearer than that so clearly the problems run deep

I can only assume that we already have a replacement that is more or less in the bag

A part of me doesn't blame Conte for deciding this because it's hard work for any coach with Diego Costa.  He needs someone to be working with his temperament constantly in all sorts of manners.  He's like a "man child" in every sense.

But another part of me questions Antonio Conte in all of this because he comes across as a no nonsense coach with a strong personality.  At Atlético Madrid Diego Simeone never had any issues whatsoever with Costa even when the player would go ott in the odd game.

I think there's more to this and especially if we're to believe Diego Costa that the only notification he's received has been in the form of an SMS.  Obviously many things have happened in the season just finished and we'll probably never know anything in detail.

I'll say one thing about Diego Costa...  As retarded as he seems to be on the field of play with his constant antics that are extremely tiresome.  He has a history of being a very loved character amongst his colleagues and every single one from Atlético Madrid, the Spain national team and Chelsea have always been that he's one of the quietest and gentlest people you'll ever meet, a far cry from we're subjected to when we see him play on the pitch.

Chelsea are losing a battler, and a scorer of goals in tough games...  A player that NEVER gives up and always offers 110% (this is something Lukaku lacks in my view)...  At the same time, Chelsea can now reduce the hours they currently give the club psychologist. 

I share others worry on Lukaku, but this news today of Costa being told he has no future at the club suggests to me Lukaku isnt the only forward we will bring in this summer.

I get this feeling we are allowing United to do the Donkey work on Morata, something we tend to let other clubs do, before another Willian song is penned.

----------------------------------

5 hours ago, Toony said:

Very surprised by that - Costa seems to be a popular member of the squad so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a bit of a backlash from the players.

How so? Today the Manager has shown everybody at the club who is in charge. This is EXACTLY what our club has needed.

27 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

I get this feeling we are allowing United to do the Donkey work on Morata, something we tend to let other clubs do, before another Willian song is penned.

----------------------------------

We're not Tottenham though, so there's that plan up in smoke. You can have him for £60+ anyway. Zero value for money.

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

We are most likely playing two up top next season. 

Costa was excellent in a two up front with Radamel Falcao at Atlético Madrid.

I personally think it's a mental move to be honest.  It doesn't make sense unless Chelsea have something up their sleeves with one of the top strikers in football right now which may be possible.  Lukaku is NOT one of those and never an upgrade on Costa.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I personally think it's a mental move to be honest.  It doesn't make sense unless Chelsea have something up their sleeves with one of the top strikers in football right now which may be possible.  Lukaku is NOT one of those and never an upgrade on Costa.

He's not an upgrade, it's a sideways transfer to be honest as they both don't offer much aside goals. Costa is a big game player however his behavior on and off the pitch  are unpredictable and uncontrollable. Not to mention his continuous flirtation with Atletico. I respect Conte for what he did, aside telling him by text. 

Lukaku however is younger, more consistent throughout the season, and actually WANTS to be here, turning down United in the process if the rumors are true. 

Conte always prefers to have two strikers up top and technical strikers. So guaranteed Lukaku won't be a direct replacement as I am sure we are looking for another ST. 

11 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Oh, so if thats the case we can expect your fav London club moving heaven and earth to sign him from us?

For those of you slow on the uptake, this hasnt got anything to do with football ability.

Just now, The Liquidator said:

Oh, so if thats the case we can expect your fav London club moving heaven and earth to sign him from us?

For those of you slow on the uptake, this hasnt got anything to do with football ability.

I was actually writing to answer that exact same thing to Cicero, but I saw your comment pop up with this comment and it's more apt.

I'd LOVE that nutter at Arsenal!  Boy would I love him there.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I was actually writing to answer that exact same thing to Cicero, but I saw your comment pop up with this comment and it's more apt.

I'd LOVE that nutter at Arsenal!  Boy would I love him there.

It's good to have dreams, even if they are wet ones. ~ We shall see :ay:

5 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

It's good to have dreams, even if they are wet ones. ~ We shall see :ay:

We're not in for him or anything like him...

We will probably go in for the type of player like Adama Niane or Khalid Boutaib...  The latter sounding about right seeing it's where Wenger played his professional career. :ph34r: :coffee:

• The title was changed to Conte - "Costa Not Part of My Plans"

Archived