talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Conte - "Costa Not Part of My Plans"

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

While this theory is starting to gain legs, who the hell is Adrian Clarke ?

Some bloke who couldn't make it as a football so resolved to having a career in media. 

You might ask is it realistic that Conte would text him this decision rather than having a face to face with the player? From what I have seen from Conte this season he does not strike me as that kind of man.

Could be that Costa is blowing a text message out of proportion if in fact there was one at all.

Seems odd that we have not had some kind of official statement saying we might be prepared to listen to offers for the player for example and just as odd that Costa would just throw something like this out in the wind for no good reason

What Adrian Clarke says could actually be true and I wouldn't put it past Costa to say something extraordinarily ridiculous as that. But he'd be stupid if it isn't true as I would expect Chelsea FC to defend their coach and refute the comments in a public statement. 

It did appear slightly strange that he would tell a player over a text message, he seems like a decent enough bloke and with that you'd think he'd tell him face-to-face.

I wouldn't put it past Costa making it up.

Its possible that they have had some form of conversation at the end of the season about his future with the club and Conte has gone away and thought about it and has let him know that if he feels he needs to go then he can go.

Costa has sure been more vocal about wanting a move away back to Atletico than the club have been about actually wanting to let him go. We would also need to have a concrete agreement in place for at least one other striker coming in if we were indeed letting him go as he claims 

10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

You might ask is it realistic that Conte would text him this decision rather than having a face to face with the player? From what I have seen from Conte this season he does not strike me as that kind of man.

Could be that Costa is blowing a text message out of proportion if in fact there was one at all.

Seems odd that we have not had some kind of official statement saying we might be prepared to listen to offers for the player for example and just as odd that Costa would just throw something like this out in the wind for no good reason

Yes, I would say all you have said could well have truth running through it.

Alas my excitement has been beginning to wain since lunch time.

On your last point, I have a good friend who works for the club, who, on occasion, comes up trumps with special info and even he has not heard a word. Although he did say its a skeleton staff there at the moment.

We shall see :ay:

26 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Yes, I would say all you have said could well have truth running through it.

Alas my excitement has been beginning to wain since lunch time.

On your last point, I have a good friend who works for the club, who, on occasion, comes up trumps with special info and even he has not heard a word. Although he did say its a skeleton staff there at the moment.

We shall see :ay:

There's no such thing as skeleton staff at a club like Chelsea. This is as busy time of the season as any and public relations will be active which is why it's strange there's not been a statement made by Chelsea FC. 

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's no such thing as skeleton staff at a club like Chelsea. This is as busy time of the season as any and public relations will be active which is why it's strange there's not been a statement made by Chelsea FC. 

Ok, thanks for the thought, but I will stick with my friend who has worked there 20 years. :ay:

17 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

Ok, thanks for the thought, but I will stick with my friend who has worked there 20 years. :ay:

He's probably talking about bar staff, stewards and everything else. The marketing department and press office is 100% working and I won't even tell you about the technical side of the board. Who do you think signs players? The cleaners?

17 hours ago, Cicero said:

He's on international duty and Costa hardly knows English. Not much Conte could do xD

Well, at least, the situation has been dissolved right? He can move on, what club in the EPL would take him if that's an option though? A proven 20 goal at least in a season if you can keep him happy!?

17 hours ago, The Liquidator said:

Look, at least this manager has at least told Costa he wants to move him on. The previous permanent manager Costa had at Chelsea, who also wanted to do the same, move him on, DID IT ALL BEHIND HIS BACK, which was just one of the reasons that manager lost the players the following season.

Damn, coaches must really shit their pants while having a 1v1 conversation with Costa, I wonder what it's like being in an argument with him, lol :ph34r:

17 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Maybe in the future clubs can sign players with an SMS and even get them to sign their contracts from the comfort of their smartphone. 

Pep: Hey man, wanna win the league and champions league next season with my new team?

Sanchez: Hmmm, maybe

Pep: I will be signing Walker and Mendy and will give you a free role if you want plus Ederson, he can pick you out in opposition half, just check him out on YouTube at Benfica

Sanchez: Hmmmmk!?

Pep: Yeah, will send you your contract details and I forgot, guaranteed 300K a week at least from the Sheikh 

Sanchez: Now we are talking! Send them over Pep

:ph34r:

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

He's probably talking about bar staff, stewards and everything else. The marketing department and press office is 100% working and I won't even tell you about the technical side of the board. Who do you think signs players? The cleaners?

Well none of the people you have mentioned would have had the stripes to make a decision on how to respond to yesterdays news. The village idiot would know that.

Like I said, I'll stick with my friends opinion over yours, which I am sure you will understand.

• The title was changed to Conte - "Costa Not Part of My Plans"
  • Subscriber
On 6/9/2017 at 11:13 AM, The Liquidator said:

Well none of the people you have mentioned would have had the stripes to make a decision on how to respond to yesterdays news. The village idiot would know that.

Like I said, I'll stick with my friends opinion over yours, which I am sure you will understand.

:ay:

According to the local media here, Diego Costa could spend 6 months playing in Brazil before returning to Atleti in January. That´d be really nice, he´d have a great impact in our league and would definitely help a brazilian team still in the Libertadores. 

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

According to the local media here, Diego Costa could spend 6 months playing in Brazil before returning to Atleti in January. That´d be really nice, he´d have a great impact in our league and would definitely help a brazilian team still in the Libertadores. 

I've heard this too.  Have Lagarto got a football club? :o;)

Just now, SirBalon said:

I've heard this too.  Have Lagarto got a football club? :o;)

No. haha It is a very small town and his state (Sergipe) is one of the poorest of the federation and they don´t have any relevant teams in the national scenario. He probably would move to a team from the Southeast region. Flamengo and Palmeiras would be the most probable alternatives. 

Speaking of Costa and Lagarto, Diego is a very nice guy off the pitch for all I heard. 

13 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Speaking of Costa and Lagarto, Diego is a very nice guy off the pitch for all I heard. 

I've mentioned this before both here and on the other forum. Diego Costa is a bit of a strange character because off the field of play everyone that knows him says he is the mildest character you will ever meet and very humble. I know that in all the clubs he's played he's very loved and in the Spain national side they adore him. 

I remember an anecdote by Vicente del Bosque who said; "Diego would drive all the way to my house in Salamanca to stay the night. He would then take my son Álvaro on trips to the countryside and we'd then meet up in the city centre for dinner at night". Del Bosque has a son (Álvaro) with downs syndrome which tells you all about the character he really is. 

Archived