talkfootball365

(EL) Group C - Matchday 1 - 15-16th September, 2021

football forum

Excited for Spartak. When I saw this draw, I was happy to see my Family's team on the cusp of playing @Stans team. 

Very difficult group to progress from, and so I'm not expecting any miracles, but beating Leicester or Napoli would be a nice surprise. 

2 minutes ago, Eco said:

Excited for Spartak. When I saw this draw, I was happy to see my Family's team on the cusp of playing @Stans team. 

Very difficult group to progress from, and so I'm not expecting any miracles, but beating Leicester or Napoli would be a nice surprise. 

:D

I do think it'll be a tight group. Hopeful of finishing top 2 - if we can get a win in this first game it really helps us try and qualify 1st.

The format change from this season's competition onwards is that if you finish 2nd, you have a play-off game against the CL dropouts (3rd in those groups). So don't really fancy the extra game. 

• Upvote 1

No idea how we'll line up for this game. Expect a bit of change, but not wholesale ones...

Kasper

Pereira - Evans - Soyuncu - Castagne

Soumare - Tielemans

Maddison

Daka - Vardy - Barnes

It might even be Ndidi in for Soumare, KDH for Maddison, Iheanacho for Daka, Lookman for Barnes. Maybe even Vestergaard for Evans as both are working back to full fitness. 

The good thing is that we have a bit more depth in the squad which is exactly what was missing last season.

Gutted to not win that after being 2 up. Was one of the toughest games of the group so says a lot to be disappointed not to win it. 

Our goals were class. Barnes assist and took his goal well. The assist from Iheanacho was lovely. Shame about Daka goal not being allowed as I thought it was level/onside.

Referee was horrendous. Gave a lot to them, not sure why he booked Ndidi first but the second yellow was correct. 

Was laughable refereeing throughout. Iheanacho needs to keep playing. Once again he delivers. I'm glad Barnes had a good game, he'd started slowly IMO so glad to see him score and set one up. Better from Perez too. Think I'd be a lot more lenient on him even if there Were a few more of those.