talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Do you still wear a mask?

football forum

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do, although during the pandemic I'd sometimes leave my mask in my car and run back to get it whereas now I just risk it and go without. 

I'd say I'm 80/20 in terms of mask wearing as I don't mind them at all and wear them not just for Covid, but just so I don't catch anything else from scruffs around me.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I wear mine for work and in places where asked to do so. Other than that, nope. And if anyone is weird enough to wear one in a car when they’re on their own, put me on your ignore list 😂

Yeah that's fucking weird. @Dannydefinitely does, for sure. 

17 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I wear mine for work and in places where asked to do so. Other than that, nope. And if anyone is weird enough to wear one in a car when they’re on their own, put me on your ignore list 😂

Lol I do think it is a bit weird. Even my dad who is very obsessive doesn't wear it in a car by himself. Why dont you wear in it the shop? You work for the nhs don't you surely it would be better to? Not having a go there are times where I feel I should wear it and dont i just wondered 

• Subscriber

I don't have to wear one if I want with my COPD & asthma but it all depends on the weather if its hot & humid then I wear it only covering my mouth in case I cough or sneeze as I suffer from hayfever,  sometimes if it's hot then my breathing suffers so I take it off but if I go into a shop I will do the latter mentioned and just cover my mouth. 

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Danny said:

If your breath were to reach as far as my imaginary car Stanley I could wear 100 masks on top of each other and they still wouldn't do the job

Is it because I have curry breath!? Racist!!! 

1 hour ago, Whiskey said:

I do, although during the pandemic I'd sometimes leave my mask in my car and run back to get it whereas now I just risk it and go without. 

I'd say I'm 80/20 in terms of mask wearing as I don't mind them at all and wear them not just for Covid, but just so I don't catch anything else from scruffs around me.

It's still during the pandemic though...

I only wear a mask now when I'm entering someplace that requires me to wear one - right now there's no mask mandate where I'm living as long as you're vaccinated (although I'm 100% sure unvaccinated people are also not going around wearing masks)... but private businesses here can have their own requirements on whether you're required to wear a mask or show proof of vaccination before entry.

It's still required here in shops, public indoor areas and public transport etc. Even if it wasn't required, I think I'll keep wearing it in those places. Haven't been sick at all since wearing a mask, and it's not really a big effort. 

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Tommy said:

It's still required here in shops, public indoor areas and public transport etc. Even if it wasn't required, I think I'll keep wearing it in those places. Haven't been sick at all since wearing a mask, and it's not really a big effort. 

Me and the wife has got used to it now and tbh with my conditions I will still try and wear it if possible, just my luck I would stop wearing it and BANG...I will get hit with the virus.

• Subscriber
On 15/09/2021 at 17:17, DeadLinesman said:

I saw one of these people the other day. We were at a standstill at the traffic lights and i just burst out laughing at him. His reaction didn't look great, but then again i could only see his eyes.

Road Rage Jam GIF by JamCycling

No. Mainly as it seemed vague & debatable if they were useful. Way back early on, ITVs Dr Hillary thoroughly rubbished the suggestions before it eventually became obligatory in England.

It feels like those who still do wear them are those that were involved in the most nervous shielding. Or just making sure all know they don't vote for a certain party.

But I enjoy fresh air too much to care for anyone applying excessive political slants to it all.

I have to in work whenever I get up from my desk.

Overall I'm a little bit more relaxed about it - now I will briefly take my mask off in a relatively large space like a train station to drink or eat something away from other people, which I wouldn't have done before.

Otherwise I am still pretty much 100% about wearing my mask in any indoor space, and there are moments I will quickly put it on outside if I have to walk through a crowd of people, like at a bus stop. 

On 15/09/2021 at 17:17, DeadLinesman said:

Seen that a few times. Think they should all be loaded into a rocket and shot into the centre of the sun myself. 

As for me, Wales has slightly different rules around face masks, so I have to wear them when going into shops, to healthcare settings like hospitals and on public transport as it's still mandatory (same with going into the office, though they can be taken off when at my desk). However, pubs, cafes and restaurants don't require a face mask at all now. 

Interestingly, I went to see my folks in Exeter back at the beginning of August and could see that despite face masks being optional in England from 19th July, most still wore them when inside shops and the like. I'm heading down again on Wednesday so will be interesting to see if people are still doing that or not so much now. 

I stopped wearing it shortly after I got my second dose of the vaccine in April.  But recently with cases picking up again I started wearing it in shops, etc.  Don't have to wear it at work as the vaccine was mandatory for all employees (and we got paid to get it!), but I have a private office with a door so there's no one near me for the majority of the day.

My wife has worn it religiously throughout all of this mess and she was the one that convinced me to go back to wearing it again.

• Subscriber

For the most part, I'm not wearing a mask now. The only time I am doing is if there are a lot of people in a small confined space so I wore one at both gigs I've been to lately and sometimes in the supermarket if it's particularly busy.

• 3 weeks later...

Its still mandatory to wear a mask in Melbourne, anywhere outside of your own property, regardless whether outdoors or indoors, with a $400 fine if you take it off.

Recently the rules were relaxed to allow you to pull your mask down to take a sip of coffee whilst at a playground, as that had been prohibited. There is talk that this week they will relax it to allow you to lower your mask to consume alcohol.

My bigger peeve is that schools will reopen next week and all kids in grade 3 and above are mandated to wear them in the classroom. It's strongly recommended for younger kids to wear them but not mandatory.

Archived