talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Do you still wear a mask?

football forum

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Harry said:

Its still mandatory to wear a mask in Melbourne, anywhere outside of your own property, regardless whether outdoors or indoors, with a $400 fine if you take it off.

Recently the rules were relaxed to allow you to pull your mask down to take a sip of coffee whilst at a playground, as that had been prohibited. There is talk that this week they will relax it to allow you to lower your mask to consume alcohol.

My bigger peeve is that schools will reopen next week and all kids in grade 3 and above are mandated to wear them in the classroom. It's strongly recommended for younger kids to wear them but not mandatory.

Wow.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
On 15/09/2021 at 18:59, Danny said:

Good smells don't travel unfortunately, just farts and coffee breathe xD

Funny you should mention that we live behind the local sewer works (Seafield) and if the wind is blowing the wrong way it stinks, all the locals have kicked up about the smell but the complaints just fall on council fucking deaf ears.

Anyway, about 6 weeks ago I let off a silent fart and it bloody stunk to the high heavens, I could see the wife twitching her nose and then she said "Bloody hell, did you just fart or is that Seafield I can smell?" I just smiled and said "Seafield darling and I can tell you have not got Covid as your sense of smell is still good..."

She then got up and closed the flat window then realised it was not Seafield but me and my silent fart, she then yelled out "that bloody stinks..." and rushed and opened the window again holding her nose. xD

7 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow.

There is a very influential group of scientists here called OzSage who are still driving for covid to be mostly eliminated here and seem like ideological extremists to me. They were in favour of masking down to 2 years old, as is being done in some parts of the US.

28 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wow.

Let's be honest... it was only this bit that shocked you wasn't it

33 minutes ago, Harry said:

There is talk that this week they will relax it to allow you to lower your mask to consume alcohol.

I should imagine you would be getting unlimited fines if you were out there... 

On 15/09/2021 at 17:17, DeadLinesman said:

I wear mine for work and in places where asked to do so. Other than that, nope. And if anyone is weird enough to wear one in a car when they’re on their own, put me on your ignore list 😂

Our upper management are a bunch of tossers in that regard....

We just recently had a meeting where a lot of the staff are asking to not have to wear them anymore but in typical HR fashion they are keeping them in place under the guise of 'duty of care' to it's staff which would be fine if they were not so full of shit... For example only staff downstairs working in the factory have to wear them for 11 hours a day where in the office they have given themselves special exemption if they are sitting at their desks.. I was not aware that the virus knows not to stray beyond the boundary of a desk.

Also they recently changed the finish times from 6:30pm back to 7pm which now means all the staff coming in and leaving gather in large numbers in the changing rooms and this can be between 70 and a 100 people at any one time, They had the early finishes in place to keep social distancing and the risk of shift interaction reduced but have now abandoned that because in typical work fashion getting an extra half an hour from each person works in the company's favour of course... 

At the same time they were asked if the bars that have been put up in the smoking areas can now be removed to allow more people to sit down during their breaks ( they have blocked off half of the seating areas with bars and barriers for social distancing ) and they were told a risk assessment would need to be carried out first.. And they wonder why people are pissed off and leaving the business, We have had 5 people leave in the last shift alone.. they will never learn 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

BOOOOOOO!!! find your own stuff lazy git... :ph34r:

You see this @nudge.... B|

Must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed after your afternoon nap :ph34r:

I probably should have used this to be fair:

image.png

• Subscriber

My workplace doesnt make us wear one so I dont generally as I work in the back shop. When I deal with customers I wear one but thats it here. We are still mandated here in BC though so any indoor place its still required. The breif couple weeks or month where it wasnt I was still wearing one at the grocery stores after having my 2 shots anyways. 

Archived