football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00 (BST)

Live on Sky Sports

image.png       VS     1200px-Leeds_United_F.C._logo.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
26/01/2021 - Newcastle 1-2 Leeds
16/12/2020 - Leeds 5-2 Newcastle
14/04/2017 - Newcastle 1-1 Leeds (Championship)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably fair to say both clubs are looking at this game as the one to really get their season off and running, given neither of us have a win to our name yet.

We're not quite in the groove yet but we've had a tough start and we've a run of games we can look optimistically at.

Given we beat them twice last year, I'm hopeful we can get three points tomorrow but with Saint-Maximin in their side, they always carry danger.

There will be a reshuffle in defence. We've lost Koch and Llorente to injury, Struijk suspended so with only one fit centre back left, Ayling will have to play with Cooper and we'll likely move Dallas to RB.

5 hours ago, The Premier Steve's said:

Apparently Gary Neville and Carragher are filming from a 'Newcastle fans' pub tonight to get their thoughts on things.

It feels like if we win tonight, there could be a bit of toxicity/trouble in the air amongst your fans.

1 hour ago, Lucas said:

Apparently Gary Neville and Carragher are filming from a 'Newcastle fans' pub tonight to get their thoughts on things.

It feels like if we win tonight, there could be a bit of toxicity/trouble in the air amongst your fans.

For sure things will be on edge. We'll need to come out strong. Wouldn't be surprised if we did to be honest. Some times you get a rise when these stories come out.

2 minutes ago, The Premier Steve's said:

For sure things will be on edge. We'll need to come out strong. Wouldn't be surprised if we did to be honest. Some times you get a rise when these stories come out.

Possibly. Night game too and people been on the beers after an early dart Friday so atmosphere could give your lads a lift.

We've had some classics in the past when both were at their strongest, especially in the O'Leary/Bobby Robson years. On paper, it shouldn't be dull.

You could definitely see a potential 3-2 here tonight given neither of us can defend but I'd take a 0-1 Lascelles OG, everyday of the week xD

I think both me and @The Premier Steve's will come away thinking we should have won.

Certainly first half, I feel we should have gone in leading for sure. We don't 'alf miss some chances. Rodrigo, Raphinha, Firpo, Klich and Pat should be scoring that chance 2nd half. The lack of killer instinct has cost us tonight.

So, so frustrating. 

We've had a clear penalty on Dan James first half not even looked at on VAR and we've got players dropping like flies at the moment to injury, squad looks wafer thin.

It's really been a tough start but we have to stay together and keep positive because we are a good team that play good football when everything is right. 

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

We've had a clear penalty on Dan James first half not even looked at on VAR

I missed that during the game while getting a drink but saw it on the replay after it was over.. Why was that not reviewed?? Another case of being inconsistent and pissing everyone off

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I missed that during the game while getting a drink but saw it on the replay after it was over.. Why was that not reviewed?? Another case of being inconsistent and pissing everyone off

How many drinks have you had? Did you forget in your drunkenness that you shouldn't be expecting competence from our officials?

But in serious, yeah that should have been reviewed and there's no good reason why it wasnt.

18 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

How many drinks have you had? Did you forget in your drunkenness that you shouldn't be expecting competence from our officials?

But in serious, yeah that should have been reviewed and there's no good reason why it wasnt.

Yea, sorry, it's the drugs my doctor gave me, they give me false hope, for a while during the game I had a vision that world peace had been achieved, wealth went to worthy causes and Politicians couldn't lie and in all honesty there is probably more chance of that happening than there is of getting somebody reasonably competent to sit in front of a tv and spot a clear foul... 

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

No idea mate but the most accurate answer is they are a complete set of cunts. 

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 Leeds - Friday 17th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived