talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 0-2 Brentford - Saturday 18th September, 2021

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 12.30 (BST)

Live on BT Sport

1200px-Wolverhampton_Wanderers.svg.png       VS     1200px-Brentford_FC_crest.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
02/01/2018 - Wolves 3-0 Brentford (Championship)
26/08/2017 - Brentford 0-0 Wolves (Championship)
14/03/2017 - Brentford 1-2 Wolves (Championship)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Terrible defending from Marcal, there were two corners there and on both Marcal had his arms wrapped around Toney trying to spear him to the ground lol.

Lovely pen from Toney, ice in his veins.

This second goal that’s being disallowed, a handball even though his arm was down by his side? This rule is so confusing 

There were people who thought Toney couldn’t cut it in this league, hilarious.

Big difference between us and Wolves so far is how far we’re willing to go to defend. Wolves have had possession in dangerous areas, good chances, but it’s the extra mileage we’re getting out of our defending that has kept us with a clean sheet so far. Midfielders reading where a defender needs to press and covering the position the defender vacates, throwing bodies in front of a passing lane with another body to cover. We’ve just been a much better defensive unit and its allowed us to get into a position to pick up a 2-0 lead.

Shandon Baptiste what the fuck was that. Must have forgotten he was already on a yellow, put us under a stupid amount of pressure now to see the game out.

Id have trusted us to do a job and knick a goal late on, but now Wolves will stretch the game and make it hard for us.

11 minutes ago, Danny said:

I do feel for Adama, the commentator said people focus on what he can’t do rather than what he can. And today he was what seemed a few inches away from an assist and a screamer of a goal.

He put some poor crosses in but there was one in the second half that was really good and no one got to it.

Brentford were really good from what I seen though

56 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

He put some poor crosses in but there was one in the second half that was really good and no one got to it.

Brentford were really good from what I seen though

Yeah he definitely had some poor crosses today, but there were a couple including the Jimenez header that were good. Overall a greater output than a lot of wingers in the league, I think Adama is held to higher standards than the average winger.

57 minutes ago, Stan said:

Feel like I'm the only one (apart from @Danny) who had Brentford to comfortably stay up. I think on their showing so far they'll be totally fine. 

I think a few more on here did but there were a couple that had us down for relegation.

The best thing for us, and the worst thing in this regard, is that our best midfielder Josh Dasilva is yet to start a game. Hopefully he gets past his hip injury and we can see his driving runs in the second half of the campaign.

• The title was changed to Wolves 0-2 Brentford - Saturday 18th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Complaints from Bruno Lage and Wolves fans about our time wasting in the second half...love Thomas Frank's response, no shit and straight to the point.

“First of all I want to praise Bruno for his fantastic coaching career and the job he has done with Wolves,” he said. “He is an excellent coach and I hope you write that with what is coming next.

“I could ask him what he would have done if he was leading a newly-promoted team. We are just a bus stop in Hounslow, playing against Wolves, established in the Premier League and with 10 times our budget, leading 2-0 away, 10 versus 11.

“I think his players would lose a bit of time also. But I could also ask him how the first half went.

“You look at the game and did we deserve to win? Yes. Expected goals, big chances, everything. When it was 11 versus 11 and when it was 10 versus 11. You don’t use excuses, just say you lost to the better team on the day.”

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Complaints from Bruno Lage and Wolves fans about our time wasting in the second half...love Thomas Frank's response, no shit and straight to the point.

Yeah makes me laugh when managers complain about the opposition employing tactics like that. As if they and their players wouldn't do exactly the same.

Every fan is guilty of it too, me included, naturally. 

Hold my hands up - I thought when Brentford came up they would be just another yo-yo club that would be shit to watch.

How wrong was I? They have been refreshing at the very least and I'm not as comfortable us playing them next weekend as I maybe would've been beforehand. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah makes me laugh when managers complain about the opposition employing tactics like that. As if they and their players wouldn't do exactly the same.

Every fan is guilty of it too, me included, naturally. 

We've all done it, but it's difficult to complain when a team are down to ten men with 40 something minutes to play. I think what makes it worse for them is that they didn't look like winning the game and got absolutely turned over in the first half.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hold my hands up - I thought when Brentford came up they would be just another yo-yo club that would be shit to watch.

How wrong was I? They have been refreshing at the very least and I'm not as comfortable us playing them next weekend as I maybe would've been beforehand. 

1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

I did predict bottom 3 as Burnley, Brentford & Norwich.

Things could change, but it does seem a bit crazy to me how much Brentford look like they will make more of a go at the Premier League than Championship Winners Norwich.

I think if we'd of finished 2nd or 1st people would have taken more notice, but we suffered a hefty injury crisis last season which meant our performances weren't always as good as they could be. And any weak areas we had last season, we've doubled up and brought in solid replacements.

Archived