Last 3 Meetings
13/05/2021 - Aston Villa 0-0 Everton
01/05/2021 - Everton 1-2 Aston Villa
16/07/2020 - Everton 1-1 Aston Villa

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Can see Benitez going for an unchanged lineup even though the back five didn't really work on Monday. It's a bit more appropriate away at Villa than home to Burnley. No complaints if he drops a centre back and starts Gomes or even Iwobi. 

• Subscriber

Complete capitulation. Bailey having a field day against our lol that's right we couldn't find a right back anywhere this summer so this is us without Coleman.

Are 4 subs allowed? I thought it was back to 3 this season. We've put on Gomes, Gordon, Kenny and Davies.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Complete capitulation. Bailey having a field day against our lol that's right we couldn't find a right back anywhere this summer so this is us without Coleman.

Are 4 subs allowed? I thought it was back to 3 this season. We've put on Gomes, Gordon, Kenny and Davies.

Concussion sub? 

6 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

McGinn came off as a concussion sub, so both teams have 4 to use.

• Subscriber

Easy to overreact when you lose 3-0 to a non-elite team. There are concerns in how we responded to the first goal but overall, it was a close game until the first goal. Villa found the moment of quality, Digne's mistake brought the roof off and it was game over. Perspective though, missing Pickford, Coleman, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin isn't ideal. Rondon was poor but we have to give him time to get up to speed. We haven't got great strength in depth if we're being honest and that was on show today. Bit of a reality check but no reason to throw toys out of the pram. The most fervent anti-Rafa Blues are out of the woodwork on social media already anyway.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The most fervent anti-Rafa Blues are out of the woodwork on social media already anyway.

Someone already questioning him on the BBC match day updates..

Rafa out !!!! Or in ? I'm not sure tbh

Andy Peebles

It's one loss, fair enough you might have been expecting more but as you say they also pointed out your lack of depth from the bench

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Is right. 

Probably only a few seconds in it either way though... :ph34r:

Weird game. There didn't seem to be anything in it and then Villa were suddenly 3-0 up.

I think the 2-0 and especially the 3-0 were a bit poor from Everton, though. I don't know how you can let Bailey in behind with so much space, especially when you're playing a back 3 and should in theory have more cover in the wide areas. 

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Weird game. There didn't seem to be anything in it and then Villa were suddenly 3-0 up.

I think the 2-0 and especially the 3-0 were a bit poor from Everton, though. I don't know how you can let Bailey in behind with so much space, especially when you're playing a back 3 and should in theory have more cover in the wide areas. 

Thought in real time and on every replay that Godfrey seemed to not really be arsed on the third goal until it was too late and he hit a full sprint far too late. Weird but he came off a few minutes later so maybe still carrying a knock or just a lack of match fitness.

Second goal if you take it on face value is a poor mistake from Digne. It did occur to me that I've never seen that happen with Pickford in goal though so perhaps Begovic didn't scream for it like Pickford (who seems to have more tourettes than Tim Howard who literally had tourettes) might have.

Digne got wrong footed for the first goal though and to be honest, as much as you can analyse individual mistakes in the run up to the other goals, we were largely all over the place for about 15 minutes after they went in front. Not many players covering themselves in glory.

5 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Easy to overreact when you lose 3-0 to a non-elite team. There are concerns in how we responded to the first goal but overall, it was a close game until the first goal. Villa found the moment of quality, Digne's mistake brought the roof off and it was game over. Perspective though, missing Pickford, Coleman, Richarlison and Calvert-Lewin isn't ideal. Rondon was poor but we have to give him time to get up to speed. We haven't got great strength in depth if we're being honest and that was on show today. Bit of a reality check but no reason to throw toys out of the pram. The most fervent anti-Rafa Blues are out of the woodwork on social media already anyway.

I was gonna ask you if the get Rafa brigade are out. What's your personal feeling? Didnt want him but if he makes us better who cares? 

• The title was changed to Aston Villa 3-0 Everton - Saturday 18th September, 2021
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived