talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Tottenham 0-3 Chelsea - Sunday 19th September, 2021
  • Subscriber

Spurs visibly gave up at 0-2, if not before. Pundits on Sky laying into the body language and stuff now, it's hard to argue with them. Chelsea were very good and had enough about them to beat Spurs even if they properly turned up but the manner of the defeat there was pretty meek.

The score could, and should, have been five and no one would have cause to complain. It was so easy for Chelsea second half, they tried to walk it in near the end. 

No desire or energy from Spurs at all. Body language was terrible in a game which should really be their second most fiercely contested game after Arsenal given the history. When you think about Spurs Chelsea, you think of the past games where the intensity has been high and both sides trying not to lose at all costs given the mutual hatred but there was none of that today.

If you are beaten by a better team, you can accept that long as your team has tried but how many Spurs players could you honestly say looked arsed or could come off with any credit at the end of that?

What's also worrying is that's two games straight now they have struggled to create and given the way the first few games before that had gone, it feels like it's going to be a slog of a season for them unless they can find a system to try and have a go a bit more at sides.

It's just sad to see the mentality Pochettino had installed has well and truly evaporated from the club and what was a brilliant side to watch has now become a turgid one.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Spurs visibly gave up at 0-2, if not before. Pundits on Sky laying into the body language and stuff now, it's hard to argue with them. Chelsea were very good and had enough about them to beat Spurs even if they properly turned up but the manner of the defeat there was pretty meek.

Was Neville on co-commentary? If so, he loves doing that for any side. If a team isn't showing enough passion he wastes no time in spotting it and doesn't hold back.

14 minutes ago, Stan said:

Was Neville on co-commentary? If so, he loves doing that for any side. If a team isn't showing enough passion he wastes no time in spotting it and doesn't hold back.

On this occasion it is bang on though.

I'd love to know what Spurs fans genuinely thought of their effort there. It's not like they were playing say us or Newcastle, this was Chelsea, supposed to be one of their arch enemies and they didn't look like they cared that much to me.

• Subscriber
13 minutes ago, Stan said:

It was more Keane and Souness and that in the studio afterwards. I couldn't even tell you whether Neville was on co-comms to be honest so probably not because he would have had a field day.

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

On this occasion it is bang on though.

I'd love to know what Spurs fans genuinely thought of their effort there. It's not like they were playing say us or Newcastle, this was Chelsea, supposed to be one of their arch enemies and they didn't look like they cared that much to me.

They did care until the 1st goal. Confidence depleted. 

No real cohesion in their play though. Their running made no sense which led to no patterns of play. Tuchel recognised that and I’m assuming that is why he added Kante to restrain them completely. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

They did care until the 1st goal. Confidence depleted. 

No real cohesion in their play though. Their running made no sense which led to no patterns of play. Tuchel recognised that and I’m assuming that is why he added Kante to restrain them completely. 

I get that as you can suffocate teams but I can't say I'd be content with the effort if that was my team today. They were in the game first half because there wasn't a lot coming from yourselves IMO as opposed to what they were doing right. 

Moment you changed it at HT and came out sharp they couldn't contain you. They almost stayed in the same gear the whole way through.

And I was really surprised there was no reaction at any point in the 2nd half to get back in the game. But that's just me. As I said earlier, sad to see the Spurs mentality Poch had installed has completely evaporated from these individuals.

Agree with @Cicero 

Thought spurs were well up for it in the first half with them shading the chances and it was just the kind of game we could expect from them but second half after we scored they slowly faded away when I expected them to come flying back at us to have a good go of it but it never happened.. In the last 20 odd minutes we could have added a couple more but our finishing was a bit suspect and rushed.. 

2 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I get that as you can suffocate teams but I can't say I'd be content with the effort if that was my team today. They were in the game first half because there wasn't a lot coming from yourselves IMO as opposed to what they were doing right. 

Fair comments... We didn't start the game that well especially in the final third where we were limp.. Kante coming on gave us that extra energy and raised the overall tempo which as you say spurs couldn't cope with... Surprised they never had more fight in them to be honest but the ref only dished out 1 or two cards I think which is clearly not a sign of the passion and commitment this fixture normally brings.. 

If Spurs end up having a bang average season then it will just fuel Kane even more to be getting out while he still has something to offer, if not he will one day glance back over his shoulder and see an empty cabinet where winners medals and cups should have been.. 

7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Fair comments... We didn't start the game that well especially in the final third where we were limp.. Kante coming on gave us that extra energy and raised the overall tempo which as you say spurs couldn't cope with... Surprised they never had more fight in them to be honest but the ref only dished out 1 or two cards I think which is clearly not a sign of the passion and commitment this fixture normally brings.. 

If Spurs end up having a bang average season then it will just fuel Kane even more to be getting out while he still has something to offer, if not he will one day glance back over his shoulder and see an empty cabinet where winners medals and cups should have been.. 

Tuchel looked pretty annoyed on his post match presser. Complained the lack of energy we showed in the first half. 

33 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Tuchel looked pretty annoyed on his post match presser. Complained the lack of energy we showed in the first half. 

The sign of a winner, not accepting standards dropping in any game.

That's the difference in mentality and why you win things. He really wants the League title.

3 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's the difference in mentality and why you win things. He really wants the League title.

The thing is he could win the double and will probably still end up being sacked.

Roman gets bored and likes a new manager every 2 - 3 years.

6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Just seen the post match comments from him... Love his attitude and this is clearly rubbing off on the team, A very down to earth individual who accepts his own mistakes like he did when he played Niguez. He is also very good at being constructively critical of the teams overall performance without throwing individual players under the bus... 

Tottenham Hotspur 0-3 Chelsea: Thomas Tuchel's side win London derby to extend unbeaten run - BBC Sport

10 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

The thing is he could win the double and will probably still end up being sacked.

Roman gets bored and likes a new manager every 2 - 3 years.

Abramovich only tends to react when the team loses it's ability to challenge or be competitive and when you have ploughed so much money into the club it's the least you can expect. As @Lucas said earlier, you could accept not winning something if you give it your all and got beaten by a better team across a season or just had some bad luck in a cup but you can't really accept sleepwalking through a season and hoping it all pans out.. 

Much as though Abramovich's cut throat approach might annoy some it works and in that regard he is just as unhappy to accept second best.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived