The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 5 Matches - 18-19th September, 2021

football forum

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Underwhelming start for Leicester. Brilliant from Brighton though which surprises me because they were bang fucking average when they played us.

Underwhelming indeed. Bit disappointing, actually.

I can only think there's so much more to offer from this side and perhaps Rodgers is just having to find his best XI now that will work and combine with each other. Quite a few players that were stand-outs last season are still looking to find their form - Tielemans, Barnes, Pereira, Vardy, Soyuncu - all key figures of our side and not all clicking. Vardy has the goals but he still needs support which he's not getting. Maddison is probably the most affected - extremely underwhelming and perhaps needs a bit of time outside the limelight. 

Credit to Brighton for their start though - come out the blocks on fire. Hope it continues for them. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Stan said:

Underwhelming indeed. Bit disappointing, actually.

I can only think there's so much more to offer from this side and perhaps Rodgers is just having to find his best XI now that will work and combine with each other. Quite a few players that were stand-outs last season are still looking to find their form - Tielemans, Barnes, Pereira, Vardy, Soyuncu - all key figures of our side and not all clicking. Vardy has the goals but he still needs support which he's not getting. Maddison is probably the most affected - extremely underwhelming and perhaps needs a bit of time outside the limelight. 

Credit to Brighton for their start though - come out the blocks on fire. Hope it continues for them. 

Barnes has been a letdown for my Fantasy team and has already got the chop. I actually think Lookman has a good chance of clicking for you though because that would be "so Everton" from our perspective just like seeing Gray flourish with us (if he continues to do so) would be "typical Leicester" for you guys. In this scenario it could end up bizarrely ending up in a win-win for both clubs. xD

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Barnes has been a letdown for my Fantasy team and has already got the chop. I actually think Lookman has a good chance of clicking for you though because that would be "so Everton" from our perspective just like seeing Gray flourish with us (if he continues to do so) would be "typical Leicester" for you guys. In this scenario it could end up bizarrely ending up in a win-win for both clubs. xD

And on that point, Lookman helped changed the game for us today. Much more direct and did link well with Pereira. He's what we've wanted in place of Perez and I'm hoping Lookman continues to start. 

Barnes was also a let-down for me so far xD 

• Administrator

I've just seen the Walker incident on Adam Armstrong.

HOW ON EARTH has that been overturned?! How the fuck have officials deemed that not a foul?! One of the worst decisions there have been in a very long time. He's clearly impeded him.

1 hour ago, Stan said:

I've just seen the Walker incident on Adam Armstrong.

HOW ON EARTH has that been overturned?! How the fuck have officials deemed that not a foul?! One of the worst decisions there have been in a very long time. He's clearly impeded him.

It was a disgrace 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

******* get in!!! 

Lovely goal. One touch play between Pereira, Lookman and Tielemans ends with Vardy smashing in from close range. 

5 hours ago, Stan said:

Another absolute joke of a decision. 

Keeper is never getting to that Lookman finish. These officials are ******* corrupt. Absolute *****

4 hours ago, Whiskey said:

What's with the ***

4 hours ago, Stan said:

Not allowed to swear. 

Fuck that!!!! xD

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

More needs to be said on that Maupay decision. Absolute farce. 

Really still can't comprehend what an official sees when he looks at Maupay there and thinks 'nah that's cool, I can let that ride'. Beyond belief some of the decisions this week. 

I've not watched one Leicester game yet to see how they are playing but is it time they went to a back three?

The lack of clean sheets is a big problem if you are then having to score a minimum 2 a game to stand a chance of a win.

Alternatively, is it time to change the shape to accommodate Iheanacho with Vardy?

• Subscriber

One of the most disgracefully officiated games I have ever seen, I've not seen any of our reaction but I'll be annoyed if we've just pretended it didn't happen. It's absolutely criminal.

We had problems today, thought the first hour was pitiful but from our goal onwards was the best I've seen from us in a while, all over them and just begs the question why we can't start a bit more like that.

There is no way Maddison can hold his place. He's a complete waste of a shirt at the minute.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Lucas said:

I've not watched one Leicester game yet to see how they are playing but is it time they went to a back three?

The lack of clean sheets is a big problem if you are then having to score a minimum 2 a game to stand a chance of a win.

Alternatively, is it time to change the shape to accommodate Iheanacho with Vardy?

Last half hour we were on it. First hour, too slow and no tempo/urgency to our game which is our problem because more often than not we end up chasing the game. 

Not playing Iheanacho is frustrating because a) he's in form and b) he gives us different options when attacking. 

Vardy and Iheanacho worked well together when we did play a back 3 but I think generally Rodgers is more comfortable with a back 4 and having 1 full back that attacks (Pereira) while the other covers. I think Daka and Iheanacho will be our normal partnership at some point but Vardy is still getting the goals. It's the rest of the side that are underperforming.

I think having Lookman find some form means we'll see better performances. He on one side and Barnes on the other gives us more balance when attacking and he's better than Perez. 

On 18/09/2021 at 16:47, Dr. Gonzo said:

You’ve played well, imo. Defended really well considering how many attempts we’ve had & you’ve had good chances. You’d have at least 1 goal if not for Alisson.

Keita’s goal is brilliant

The opening 20 minutes was the best start we've made so far. We were playing out the back more comfortable, we competed well, we stopped Liverpool in open play, we had our chances and we were a threat.

The annoying thing was that we were outdone by 3 set pieces. Jairo being responsible for two. I think long term he will be more attacking CM as he had good energy going forwards but he lacks intensity and focus.

I didn't agree with MOTD analysis on Milner. I thought he was lucky to stay on the pitch. Him and Henderson had a couple of cases for yellow cards as Liverpool with the tactical fouls. Unfortunately Andy Maddeley is just one of many referee's not competent enough to be a professional.

Next week against Brighton is quite definitive to judge where we are at. 2-2-2 would look pretty good given out fixtures and the transition were in.

Quite interesting to watch dermot Gallagher on ref watch. He said that the Leeds claim was a penalty and should have been reviewed and given.

The Southampton claim was a bit more complicated. I was a bit confused as to why it was reviewed in the first place as even if it wasnt a penalty it wasn't a clear and obvious error. But apparently the penalty was given for a push not the tackle and so there was a clear and obvious error. As for the actual tackle he said because the ball gets ahead of the Southampton attacker and their legs tangle and it's not a penalty. I'm still not sure myself but as a referee has looked at it and immediately said no penalty and so has Gallagher so I think the chances are it probably wouldn't have been given if it was reviewed more often than  not. Even if it was a penalty it seems as if it wasnt as clear as many are saying 

• Administrator
41 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Quite interesting to watch dermot Gallagher on ref watch. He said that the Leeds claim was a penalty and should have been reviewed and given.

He thinks our first and second disallowed goals are exactly the same so therefore he's entered 'absolute melt' category and cannot be trusted.

29 minutes ago, Stan said:

He thinks our first and second disallowed goals are exactly the same so therefore he's entered 'absolute melt' category and cannot be trusted.

I haven't seen that part. But I generally trust his judgement over fans 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived