• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

EFL Cup 2021/22 - Third Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Cicero said:

Did it the hard way. Kepa becoming somewhat of a PK hero. 

Have to say in the games we have seen him in he seems far more composed and confident... couldn't do a lot about the Villa goal tonight but when it comes to penalties he has some great reactions.. 

Thought our keeper was shit for the pens but he had a decent game overall. That tackle on Lukaku by Hause though that was sexy defending. Also though Chukwemenka looked good throughout 17 in there against Kante and Mount I though he looked competitive which is good.

Archer impresses me every time I watch him, he will grow into a 20 goal a season striker for us in 2-3 years I feel, he just has that knack goalscorers do of getting in the right place and finishing. 

40 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

11 players wondering why they don’t play every week. That’s why. You’re fucking useless.

Whenever I feel useless, I just remember there's a clause in Martial's contract that gives him a bonus if he wins the Balon d'Or. Now I don't feel so useless.

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Pressure will gradually increase for Ole/United to win a trophy. 

From the fans. Will the glaziers care though? As long as they are in the champions league they get alot of money. And that's all they care about 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

well, tbh, I dunno - is Coleman still as important as he used to b

He shouldn't be but he is because we didn't sign a right back again and Jonjoe Kenny or out of position Godfrey is our backup in that position. Last year we played Tom Davies and Alex Iwobi at right wing back at different times. That is how criminally long it's been that that position has needed investment and hasn't.

8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Pressure will gradually increase for Ole/United to win a trophy. 

You don't spend the money they have to win the League Cup, or even the FA Cup. Winning one of them but being nowhere near the league or Champions League isn't really progress.

• Subscriber
10 hours ago, Cicero said:

By the week, CHO is growing more and more disappointing. A season where he is healthy and had a head start over everyone else, he is still the only player at this club that has showed us nothing. 

Can't use the Achilles tear as an excuse anymore. 

My old housemate who supports Chelsea has sworn by Hudson-Odoi for years. The problem is with flair players is when they're young they'll do something amazing and noticeable once and people think that's their standard and all they need to do is learn how to do that amazing thing more consistently. It just isn't that simple. Should have let him go to Bayern.

On 21/09/2021 at 21:58, Dr. Gonzo said:

@Danny how was Ghoddos? 2 assists is what the BBC is saying, so that sounds pretty good.

I’ve not actually watched the game mate, first week of Uni so a bit swamped with that. Glad he got some assists though, some much needed confidence for the Premier League where he’s not getting as much game time as last season.

5 hours ago, LFCMike said:

You don't spend the money they have to win the League Cup, or even the FA Cup. Winning one of them but being nowhere near the league or Champions League isn't really progress.

A league challenge and a trophy should be the bare minimum given their investment. A close finish and a league cup would’ve been progress. 

17 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Thought our keeper was shit for the pens but he had a decent game overall. That tackle on Lukaku by Hause though that was sexy defending. Also though Chukwemenka looked good throughout 17 in there against Kante and Mount I though he looked competitive which is good.

Archer impresses me every time I watch him, he will grow into a 20 goal a season striker for us in 2-3 years I feel, he just has that knack goalscorers do of getting in the right place and finishing. 

Yes, seems odd how Jed Steer is back from 4th choice behind Reina, Heaton & Nyland, to 2nd choice with Martinez. Maybe he's looked good in training.

Amazing attendance at Old Trafford for a Wednesday night of the Carabao Cup, couldn't see a single ares of empty seats from where I was sat in the Stretford End.

I do wonder what this midweek transport excuse our neighbours keep churning out is all about. 

Anyway to the game. No other words but utter dross.

Martial was a disgrace, talk about a player having a clubs pants down. He has clearly got that 300k a week contract and done exactly as a guy who doesn't care about football does. 

This isn't a form issue, this was a guy strolling around the football field without the care or need to fight for his place in the starting line up.

Personally think players should be put on performance related contracts and and likes of Martial will be forced to play out of their skin.

Other than him it was a lackluster performance, I predicted it when I seen the starting eleven. It was a team of players who either need moving on or are basically utility squad players. Moyes got his goal and then made his team shut up shop knowing the fire power was sat on the bench.

Ole clearly doesn't want to win trophies 🙄 we had to wait until about 15 minutes from time to get Fernandes on the field even though we weren't creating anything of note.

3 hours ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Yes, seems odd how Jed Steer is back from 4th choice behind Reina, Heaton & Nyland, to 2nd choice with Martinez. Maybe he's looked good in training.

Think he was always a decent shot stopper, his distribution is gash however and he’s nowhere near as commanding as Emi. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived