talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 13/01/2018 at 06:37, Danny said:

What do you do exactly mate? Is it a call centre?

It is aye, I work for a bank. I thought I was going to hate it at first but there's no targets or anything like that and you get well looked after. Also the money considering it is a call centre is decent as well. 

Theyre paying for me to do a course in banking as well which if I pass can open me up to other banking jobs. Plenty decent jobs out there to work my way up to, was basically in a dead end job before this.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

The question is, why do you buy it?

Or are you into freezing things! xD

Having lived in Japan so long I suppose it’s normal you don’t eat too much bread.

Sometimes I want a sandwich for lunch instead of my brown rice/salad/other stuff. 

Japan know what's up, half loaves! 

3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The question is, why do you buy it?

Or are you into freezing things! xD

Having lived in Japan so long I suppose it’s normal you don’t eat too much bread.

Oops double post 

Edited by Anton

19 minutes ago, Anton said:

Sometimes I want a sandwich for lunch instead of my brown rice/salad/other stuff. 

Japan know what's up, half loaves! 

16 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But bread is not really innbedded in Japanaese culture though, is it?

I would find it strange to not readily get hold of some of the stuff we take for granted over here depending on what country you lived in, Although in Japan don't they have a nothing goes to waste if it can be eaten philosophy regardless of what it is or am I getting my countrys mixed up?? Very admirable if true as I hate throwing food out and wasting it

14 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I would find it strange to not readily get hold of some of the stuff we take for granted over here depending on what country you lived in, Although in Japan don't they have a nothing goes to waste if it can be eaten philosophy regardless of what it is or am I getting my countrys mixed up?? Very admirable if true as I hate throwing food out and wasting it

I hate throwing food away too because I get a massive guilt conscience.  I get that from my upbringing to be honest and being brought up in a Roman Catholic houshold bread is almost deemed sacred and I still remember my father kissing it three times when it was obvious that bread could no longer be eaten before throwing it away. My brother and I would call our dad (affectionately and with humour) “the human trashcan” because of his obsession with eating leftovers as much as he could so as to not let it go to waste! xD

But as for bread that’s been previously frozen... I went out with a girl many years ago (in Spain) where her mother would buy three or four large breadsticks because in their house they ate a lot of bread.  So as to not go to the bakery a number of times she would freeze some of that bread.  All I can remember is that the bread when defrosted has the texture of rubber and somehow tasted humid, or felt like it did.  Some things are just not meant to be frozen in my personal opinion. But I admire the fact people do these things so as to not throw food away considering the state many people are in financially in most places.

4 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I hate throwing food away too because I get a massive guilt conscience.  I get that from my upbringing to be honest and being brought up in a Roman Catholic houshold bread is almost deemed sacred and I still remember my father kissing it three times when it was obvious that bread could no longer be eaten before throwing it away. My brother and I would call our dad (affectionately and with humour) “the human trashcan” because of his obsession with eating leftovers as much as he could so as to not let it go to waste! xD

But as for bread that’s been previously frozen... I went out with a girl many years ago (in Spain) where her mother would buy three or four large breadsticks because in their house they ate a lot of bread.  So as to not go to the bakery a number of times she would freeze some of that bread.  All I can remember is that the bread when defrosted has the texture of rubber and somehow tasted humid, or felt like it did.  Some things are just not meant to be frozen in my personal opinion. But I admire the fact people do these things so as to not throw food away considering the state many people are in financially in most places.

We might freeze bread over Christmas etc but not often, only if we get a couple of loaves in the shopping rather than just the usual one... would never keep it in the fridge as a matter of course though.. Can understand why Nudge would given the humidity and all that or it would not be worth buying her posh German bread at all would it... 

25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We might freeze bread over Christmas etc but not often, only if we get a couple of loaves in the shopping rather than just the usual one... would never keep it in the fridge as a matter of course though.. Can understand why Nudge would given the humidity and all that or it would not be worth buying her posh German bread at all would it... 

The connection between Nudge and humidity is another of those erotic moments I’ve been going on about that can turn up mate. :x

• Haha 1

Gotta love the usual gray weather here in Lima. Its summer here and I was expecting some sun but as usual we get the daily fog and today its taking over xD

Took this photo from my balcony. You can probably take a passport picture in this haha

fa9110088c5dd83465a11cbbf445cd92.png