talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

Just now, SirBalon said:

Yeah!  Especially South-Eastern England mate... You swallow some of that water by accident while messing around and you’re wretching for 10 minutes. xD

Haha. At least you've got cheap flights and short distances to some fascinating countries and beautiful beach resorts though...

• Subscriber
Just now, Anton said:

I think beaches along popular tourist traps like Gold Coast and parts of Sydney have them though.

To me, I go to the beach to go in the water and swim or play sport on the sand. If I wanted to lie down in the shade I'd do it on my backyard. 👀

I usually only go to the beach for a quick swim myself, although sometimes it can be quite nice to have a cold beer or a cocktail in a deckchair afterwards. Never been a fan of spending hours just lying down on the beach anyway. 

Now beach bars are a completely different story :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I usually only go to the beach for a quick swim myself, although sometimes it can be quite nice to have a cold beer or a cocktail in a deckchair afterwards. Never been a fan of spending hours just lying down on the beach anyway. 

Agreed particularly with the last parts. I wish we had beach bars :( 

1 minute ago, nudge said:

You don't??? That takes Australia off my list for sure :P 

Well not in Perth to my knowledge. Over east perhaps? But we are a nanny state when it comes to where and when you can drink. 

Edit: I've had beers at the beach before of course. BYO!

Edited by Anton

1 hour ago, Anton said:

Haha. At least you've got cheap flights and short distances to some fascinating countries and beautiful beach resorts though...

Italy also has some dodgy beaches and some beautiful ones especially in Sardinia and Sicily. But for me Spain has some incredible beaches like La Concha in San Sebastián and Las Catedrales in Lugo. The thing is that most people here in England only know the south of Spain.

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I spend most of my time drinking beer at the bach huts too and eating cripsy calamari with alli-olli. ;)

• Like 1

Crazy weather here in Atlanta, GA. Finally back at work after a day off with 16 degree weather with snow/ice.

Unreal to think that I've spent half my life (approx 16 years) at my current employer, yet I will only be employed here for 56 more working hours. Last Friday being my last day, I imagine next week will be a bit surreal, and sad to leave some of these co-workers that I have grown up with.

• Administrator
35 minutes ago, Eco said:

Crazy weather here in Atlanta, GA. Finally back at work after a day off with 16 degree weather with snow/ice.

Unreal to think that I've spent half my life (approx 16 years) at my current employer, yet I will only be employed here for 56 more working hours. Last Friday being my last day, I imagine next week will be a bit surreal, and sad to leave some of these co-workers that I have grown up with.

when one door closes, another opens and all that jazz!

Good luck!

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Barragan and Barrientos (the last is one letter away from nearly being exact)

Really! Because both those surnames are very Galician especially the first one.

obviously you don’t want to post your surname here but it would be interesting to see if your surname dates back to those regions.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Really! Because both those surnames are very Galician especially the first one.

obviously you don’t want to post your surname here but it would be interesting to see if your surname dates back to those regions.

Maybe, you would know it from facebook and you'd also know it is very English. I'm thinking it is derived from a romance word that was perhaps intoduced by the Normans. It could also be a coincidence like 'Costello' in Ireland and Italy. But then again it is said that the Galicians or at least the ancient counterparts were related to tribes on the British isles and north west France

1 minute ago, Spike said:

Maybe, you would know it from facebook and you'd also know it is very English. I'm thinking it is derived from a romance word that was perhaps intoduced by the Normans. It could also be a coincidence like 'Costello' in Ireland and Italy. But then again it is said that the Galicians or at least the ancient counterparts were related to tribes on the British isles and north west France

Yep... There are various legends (some based on very high probabilities) that Galicians inhabited the British Isles especially the Cornish and Welsh regions.  The connections between Ireland and northern Spain are well documented historically.