talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

21 hours ago, Daedalus said:

Last day at my job. Very surreal feeling. Will be having to turn in all my keys and laptops as well as having an exit interview later today. Having been with this company off/on for 16 years, it's unreal to think that when I leave today - It'll be the last time I leave as an Employee. O.o

Damn, I remember when I left a company once. I took the electronic key with me by mistake. Tried to send it to them and it got lost in the mail. They wanted me to pay for it and asked if I have insurance. I told them I'll call my insurance company, and never did. Haven't heard from them since. Sums up my life. 

football forum
3 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Damn, I remember when I left a company once. I took the electronic key with me by mistake. Tried to send it to them and it got lost in the mail. They wanted me to pay for it and asked if I have insurance. I told them I'll call my insurance company, and never did. Haven't heard from them since. Sums up my life. 

Sums you up really. Thieving, German scum.

Today might be a milestone in my career as Nolberto Solano has began talking to me and if I've read the signs right, he's let me interview him. Prior to this the most known players I've interviewed have been Wynton Rufer and Mark Bosnich, so fingers crossed it works out alright.

16 minutes ago, Blue said:

Today might be a milestone in my career as Nolberto Solano has began talking to me and if I've read the signs right, he's let me interview him. Prior to this the most known players I've interviewed have been Wynton Rufer and Mark Bosnich, so fingers crossed it works out alright.

Is he still playing the trumpet? Once saw him play it at an opening mic type night when he was at West Ham.

Just now, Smiley Culture said:

Is he still playing the trumpet? Once saw him play it at an opening mic type night when he was at West Ham.

He's Peru's assistant manager. He was so hard to get ahold of because he just wouldn't respond to me (or any of my other journalist student pals) but 2 weeks ago he finally did and today he said he leaves his event at 3 and we can talk. I think that's what I got from him.

Fingers crossed as I said.

Just now, Toinho said:

Haha.

@Blue what were the circumstances around you interviewing Bosnich? Was it for nose beers?

I wanted to invite a guest on my podcast and I took a punt on Mark Bosnich. He ended up accepting last minute and we called him for about 10 minutes.

4 minutes ago, Blue said:

I wanted to invite a guest on my podcast and I took a punt on Mark Bosnich. He ended up accepting last minute and we called him for about 10 minutes.

He did that for free? Good lad!

I used to run an Asian football forum (this must be about 10 years ago now or more..) and I interviewed former Wigan and Socceroos player Josip Skoko which was cool. 

Edited by Toinho

Just now, Toinho said:

He did that for free? Good lad!

Yep, but I can't say the same about Solano. 3 PM came around and he went back to leaving me on "read". Crossing my fingers didn't work it seems xD

14 hours ago, Stan said:

I'm pretty sure he has bigger things to worry about than to appear on a podcast which be probably knows fuck all about. Especially if he's Peru's assistant manager?! 

Its not for my podcast, its for my website. Yeah, he's Peru's assistant manager but he replied to me after I presented my CV and I want to say he was impressed because he replied to me, something he doesn't do to anyone else.

He told me to call him in 30 minutes. Fingers crossed, again.

• Administrator
24 minutes ago, Marc said:

Has anyone ever had an ACL operation? I've got it next monday. Double Reconstruction with Post lateral corner also torn and both meniscus :|

Tell me how bad it is if you have.

never had an operation but that sounds painful as fuck. All the best anyway!

On 24/1/2018 at 10:55, Blue said:

Bloody injured myself while working. Luckily it's not too bad but jumping off a staircase to find the other match my foot twisted itself badly and now I can barely walk. 

Thankfully it's not broken but that was a close call.

Looks like it was worse than I thought. it doesn't hurt anymore but my foot began to turn black and now I'm going to get a check at the hospital.

Fingers crossed this is just paranoia.

14 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Sounds bad but with physical therapy you should be fine. The surgery wont fix your attitude though, still a cunt ... With a limp . xD

You cunt.

Anyway Teso, yesterday i realised libby is here. Then i realised that I've not seen you call him a cunt yet. You losing your touch?

• Haha 1