talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Mint Viennetta for me.. I can get through one of them in one sitting... 

In other news it's just stopped with that light flurry of snow... bloody cold out this morning

has everything come to a standstill after a few snowflakes?!

My Chelsea has just rung us this morning to say that her and her boyfriend woke up this morning to see a dead body of a man lying underneath their balcony... The police had put a tent around him but the wind blew it away and she saw him... All covered in blood he was... not the best way to start the day

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Stan said:

That sounds mad @Bluewolf :o

Hope she's alright mate. 

She seems ok mate, not sure what happened though, He was in his PJ's so either he fell and died or was a victim of some other serious crime? Don't know if he lived in the same block as them or not but can't have been far if he was in his Pajamas.. I will probably get more detail when she gets back home tonight.. 

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

You think she recognised him? 

Pure speculation anyway but sad to hear of if he's just been left out in the cold after something has happened :(

Don't know anymore than that really... It's possible that her fella may have known who he was as he lives there but these days you can live next door to someone or in the same block of flats and still not know who people are other than to say hello to in passing.. 

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Don't know anymore than that really... It's possible that her fella may have known who he was as he lives there but these days you can live next door to someone or in the same block of flats and still not know who people are other than to say hello to in passing.. 

tell me about it xD

in my line of work I get a lot of complaints from people about their neighbours even though it could be completely unfounded just cos they don't like them but they've never spoken to each other before xD 

Just now, Stan said:

tell me about it xD

in my line of work I get a lot of complaints from people about their neighbours even though it could be completely unfounded just cos they don't like them but they've never spoken to each other before xD 

The Community is much different now from what it was when I was growing up.. You knew everybody and everybody knew you even up to a couple of streets away.. You could be in and out of peoples gardens and houses all day long and no-one batted an eye, Loads of you would gather outside and play games in the street together.. With technology these days it's taken away a lot of that togetherness in your local area and apart from about 6 or 7 houses in my street I couldn't tell who anyone is... I could give a rough description and tell you if they had a pet or something but to know them by name or what they do for a living, no chance.. 

• Upvote 1

Headaches and feeling tired, Check

Slightly sexy and deeply huskier voice than normal, Check

Body feeling like lead with aches and pains, Check

Being asked how I am feeling only to be told 'men are such babies' upon my reply, Check

For sure its the Man Flu.... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Headaches and feeling tired, Check

Slightly sexy and deeply huskier voice than normal, Check

Body feeling like lead with aches and pains, Check

Being asked how I am feeling only to be told 'men are such babies' upon my reply, Check

For sure its the Man Flu.... 

woman-labor-man-fever-360x270.jpg

• Haha 2

Spoke to my daughter this morning and it turns out that the bloke under the balcony was a Polish teenager who they believe committed suicide, only 18 with a bit of a history of self harm she was told.. She said the whole thing was horrible as they were unable to clean up properly due to the weather conditions and they were out there yesterday with salt trying to remove all the blood from the floor and the windows.. 

Apologies if that's a bit over graphic for some but can't really find another way of saying it... Shame to think someone as young as 18 feels they have no worth or are so down they feel that's the only solution.. 

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

With that much blood he must have done some damage to himself?!

it might be a reasonable guess that maybe he slashed himself or something and then fell from one of the balconies... 

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Spoke to my daughter this morning and it turns out that the bloke under the balcony was a Polish teenager who they believe committed suicide, only 18 with a bit of a history of self harm she was told.. She said the whole thing was horrible as they were unable to clean up properly due to the weather conditions and they were out there yesterday with salt trying to remove all the blood from the floor and the windows.. 

Apologies if that's a bit over graphic for some but can't really find another way of saying it... Shame to think someone as young as 18 feels they have no worth or are so down they feel that's the only solution.. 

very sad that. Suicide is terrible at any age but as young as 18 it seems to strike more of a chord.

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

very sad that. Suicide is terrible at any age but as young as 18 it seems to strike more of a chord.

At 18 the world was my oyster with so much to look forward too in life... Find it hard to imagine that someone of a similar age sees only dark clouds and despair.. 

Must be weird for some of the older people in England or any European nation really. Growing up everyone is white, maybe a different nationality/culture/language but within the same sort of appearance. Which is actually pretty normal for most of the world throughout history, must be pretty weird to see all of a sudden so many different looking people, with different clothes, accents, and mannerisms to what you are used to. 

I like to imagine the Aztecs and the Spaniards had pretty much the same train of thought when they first met; 'these people are fucking weird looking'. xD Another anecdote from history I quite enjoy is Roman Emperor Septimus Severus (born in North-Africa, an ethnic-Roma and Libyan mix) when an Ethiopian soldier hailed him, the emperor was so disgusted with the man's appearance he ordered him taken away instantly.

On that note, has anyone else encountered bizarre historical revisionism recently? There are Black American movements dedicated to this; they will go so far to claim the aforementioned Septimus Severus as 'black' (a concept that didn't exist then as it does now) just for the shear fact he was born in north-Africa (a decidedly not very 'black' part of the world). I've also seen the BBC do things like this:

4bvPF6.jpeg

Now I understand the difference between historical-fiction and history. I've no issue with historical-fiction, as that is what it the name implies; 'fiction'. However as someone that lives to study history in his spare time, it does upset me when blatant lies are spread through media. I can only imagine there will be a young Black-Englishmen that will grow up thinking that Blacks had always been a part of England's history only to find out that nope, it turns out that was all lies and his familial 'history' stems far away from England when traced a few generations back. I think it is pandering and insulting! Instead of inserting Blacks into a historical setting where they didn't exist, why not create media that portrays Africa? Why no documentary on the Empires of Mali? Why no history of the Kingdom of Ethiopia? It is because they don't actually care and they just want to pretend they do!

Ironic how things work out, due to the cricket in Auckland all hostels sold out this weekend which means me and the missus have to get an airbnb somewhere for the weekend, nearly ended up staying in a tent in someone's garden that's how much things were booked up/how low our reserves ran that we can't afford a hotel/expensive bnb.

Both of us working now mind so just waiting on paydays to come in, but hoping by the end of the year we'll have enough money to travel around NZ both north and South Island and then do Fiji, Tonga, Samoa...potentially some more Pacific Islands (though not sure what/how many/if any) before finishing in either Phillipines(hopefully)/Thailand/Malaysia and then going home.

Amazing how much can change in a year 😂

• Upvote 1

• Administrator

Never usually up at this time unless it's for emergencies or something planned. So I'm fucking annoyed I've been woken up by an alarm 20 minutes ago and it's still going on. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Mate just text me saying that all of his batteries have gone walk about and his alarms going off. Told him that I've got some at my house so he's going to borrow them. 

Don't know how long the car ride will be from Leicester like but I hope it's not woken anyone.

I'm not in Leicester but nice try ;)