football forum
1 minute ago, Spike said:

Mexicans need to go back.
I need to go back.

We should all return to old country.

A global factory reset?

football forum
Just now, Spike said:

I'll drop you faster than your last girlfriend did.

I've always called the shots bitch.

Ain't no ho' leaving the Canna.

How much has England changed in the past twenty years? Has the culture shifted to the point where English culture is being diluted by multiculturalism? I doubt we will ever see any sort of cultural export out of England like the 60s Swinging London and the 90s Cool Britannia. In particular the latter is what I grew up knowing about England.

Sometimes, I wonder how much of the pre-war culture of England is dead and buried. The stiff-upper lip, class pride, those sort of stereotypes. 

Edited by Spike

1 minute ago, Spike said:

How much has England changed in the past twenty years? Has the culture shifted to the point where English culture is being diluted by multiculturalism? I doubt we will ever see any sort of cultural export out of England like the 60s Swinging London and the 90s Cool Britannia. In particular the latter is what I grew up knowing about England.

Sometimes, I wonder how much of the pre-war culture of England is dead and buried. The stiff-upper lip, class pride, those sort of stereotypes. 

Obviously I don't know the England at WarTime or PostWar (Bluewolf who hasn't joined us yet and being Victorian could tell us :ph34r:), but I do remember England in the late 70s and onwards.  I know England outside London but because I haven't lived there then I can't comment.  But I do know London like the back of my hand, all of its little corners that many Londoners haven't a clue on.

London has changed MASSIVELY!  It has changed on the whole for the better because it was a dirty horrible city to live in with practically nothing to do.  Today London is a marvellous place that not only has it evolved by respecting its history and heritage, but has also had the more modern creations that melt into it's curious but beautiful unique architecture.  There are "multicultural" areas like Shoreditch and Hoxton which are over 80% inhabited by Europeans (I'm talking central Europeans like Italians, Spaniards and some French on the main).  They live and work there...  Shoreditch was an absolute dump when I was a kid.  The only thing that existed there was a pub that was a strip club which was disgusting.  Apart from that it was all unused commercial space or warehouse dirt.  Today it's booming and has one of the best nightlifes in Europe in my opinion.

But there are the negative parts to the newer London and I've mentioned it before.  There are parts that I call "no go areas" and even though they aren't that, I say it because you will feel uncomfortable, you will be the minority and you feel watched.  If you go with a girlfriend (I'm talking unmarried because they look at your finger believe it or not), then you could get into trouble.  You won't be defended by the authorities and you will be the one treated with disdain if there are any.

London has negatives and positives in its new phase.

I could go on a bit more but don't want to be accused of something I'm not.

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Obviously I don't know the England at WarTime or PostWar (Bluewolf who hasn't joined us yet and being Victorian could tell us :ph34r:), but I do remember England in the late 70s and onwards.  I know England outside London but because I haven't lived there then I can't comment.  But I do know London like the back of my hand, all of its little corners that many Londoners haven't a clue on.

London has changed MASSIVELY!  It has changed on the whole for the better because it was a dirty horrible city to live in with practically nothing to do.  Today London is a marvellous place that not only has it evolved by respecting its history and heritage, but has also had the more modern creations that melt into it's curious but beautiful unique architecture.  There are "multicultural" areas like Shoreditch and Hoxton which are over 80% inhabited by Europeans (I'm talking central Europeans like Italians, Spaniards and some French on the main).  They live and work there...  Shoreditch was an absolute dump when I was a kid.  The only thing that existed there was a pub that was a strip club which was disgusting.  Apart from that it was all unused commercial space or warehouse dirt.  Today it's booming and has one of the best nightlifes in Europe in my opinion.

But there are the negative parts to the newer London and I've mentioned it before.  There are parts that I call "no go areas" and even though they aren't that, I say it because you will feel uncomfortable, you will be the minority and you feel watched.  If you go with a girlfriend (I'm talking unmarried because they look at your finger believe it or not), then you could get into trouble.  You won't be defended by the authorities and you will be the one treated with disdain if there are any.

London has negatives and positives in its new phase.

I could go on a bit more but don't want to be accused of something I'm not.

So, it looks like there has been a lot of improvement and success with cultural integration from nations that share a similar heritage. I've also been told that many Indians and Jamaicans have integreted fantastically since the 70s and 80s (look at our very own Romesh, he couldn't be more British). But it also looks like there has been trouble with integrating other cultures that aren't as recipient to assimilation. Looks like London is the perfect example of culture-compatibility. 

I've always been fascinated by rural England, particularly in the south as I've come to believe that is where my heritage originates.

12 minutes ago, Spike said:

So, it looks like there has been a lot of improvement and success with cultural integration from nations that share a similar heritage. I've also been told that many Indians and Jamaicans have integreted fantastically since the 70s and 80s (look at our very own Romesh, he couldn't be more British). But it also looks like there has been trouble with integrating other cultures that aren't as recipient to assimilation. Looks like London is the perfect example of culture-compatibility. 

I've always been fascinated by rural England, particularly in the south as I've come to believe that is where my heritage originates.

I forgot to mention Vauxhall in London which has been inhabited by a massive Portuguese population for decades going back to the late 50s or Notting Hill which like Shoreditch is central European culturally with a lot of West Indian influences cohabiting with a very well to do bunch of Londoners.

As for the rural parts surrounding London, they're beautiful and with a general good standard of living.  Obviously there's a bit of everything and as you get further out the beauty of the English countryside remains but a lack of employment and things to do for younger people has led to degradation and a massive drug and alcohol problem.  I'm being very basic here obviously.

Just now, Cure said:

Everyone. Overnnight I received a PM from Brian. He says he's leaving us.

Didn't he used to do these things back at TFF?

Has the gotten into an argument with someone here I don't know of (because I've been busy over the past few days)? O.o

42 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Has the gotten into an argument with someone here I don't know of (because I've been busy over the past few days)? O.o

It was only meant to be an April Fools. Albeit a poor one. -_-

Sad for Teso. I foresaw a heartfelt tribute to his beloved hamster eater.

Edited by Cure

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He quit the Sporcle League, at a guess because people pointed out him bragging over very high scores and accusations of him using search engines for the answers. Guilty concience perhaps? He also called the Mexican national team shit and put down Teso to try and start an argument. There have probably been others but to be honest I don't have the time to look for them.

He did. He said he'd leave and appear again a day later acting like nothing had happened. He'd soon start again and everyone's favourite Argentine put him down. Became boring to watch after a while.

Edited by Cure

2 minutes ago, Cure said:

He quit the Sporcle League, at a guess because people pointed out him bragging over very high scores and accusations of him using search engines for the answers. Guilty concience perhaps?

He did. He said he'd leave and appear again a day later acting like nothing had happened. He'd soon start again and everyone's favourite Argentine put him down. Became boring to watch after a while.

When you play a game such as that on the web then it's down to each individual conscience to determine whether or not honesty counts.  If you get multiple errors, it doesn't mean you aren't knowledgeable on the subject...  (this I'm saying to make myself feel better because I messed up the first one for sure xD:whistling:)

It kind of takes the fun away from the game if you "cheat" to be honest.  No point in playing...  But again, that's upto each individual.

3 minutes ago, Berserker said:

So you are safe?, congrats!

Haha - we shall see. They have closed down some school and businesses because of this front, so I'm about to see just how dangerous (or not) it really is.