talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

20 minutes ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon taking a trip to San Sebastian today. Can you recommend any places to go or restaurants if you've been there? 

How long are you there for mate and what are you looking for?

Tapas are the incredible there and then there are a few of the world's best restaurants but they aren't cheap.

San Sebastián is regarded as the gastronomy capital of Europe.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How long are you there for mate and what are you looking for?

Tapas are the incredible there and then there are a few of the world's best restaurants but they aren't cheap.

San Sebastián is regarded as the gastronomy capital of Europe.

Only tonight and then travelling back tomorrow. I've heard a lot about the 'pintxos' which I presume is similar to tapas. 

Any reasonably priced restaurants? Or ones that are good for small groups. 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Only tonight and then travelling back tomorrow. I've heard a lot about the 'pintxos' which I presume is similar to tapas. 

Any reasonably priced restaurants? Or ones that are good for small groups. 

Ok... One of the world's best restaurants called Arzak (the name of the chef) is there amongst a few others but it'd be practically impossible to get a table there at such short notice.  But if you go to the side streets behind the main church after you've walked past the beach, those back streets are full of tapas bars, some of the best tapas ever and any one you go into is amazing with each one having its own speciality.  If I were you I'd do a crawl of those bars and not stay in just one of them. Oh... And have Txakoli (the local white wine) with your tapas where they pour it from a distant hight with a mini valve on the bottle head.  It's amazing mate and you won't go wrong! ;)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stan said:

@SirBalon pintxos are my new favourite food. I love the range and the vast amount of food you can put on a spike and feast on with a beer or wine xD

Not tried the Txakoli yet but probably will tonight :twothumbsup:

Yeah they’re amazing! Each bar has a speciality in their version of pintxo. I love doing the bar crawl and having one in each bar with a glass of Txakoli.

What did you think if the Playa de la Concha? It’s beautiful!

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah they’re amazing! Each bar has a speciality in their version of pintxo. I love doing the bar crawl and having one in each bar with a glass of Txakoli.

What did you think if the Playa de la Concha? It’s beautiful!

On it right now. Beautiful. We walked up a mountain/hill whare there's a statue of Jesus at the top but not sure what it's called. But I can basically see that from the beach (not the surfers beach). It's a beautiful place. Lovely water on the beach which isn't too cold and relaxing on the sand with the some Keler beer. 

We're gonna go to Gros tonight and find places round there then go to Parte Vieja to probably end up drunk and with a sore head in the morning xD

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, Stan said:

On it right now. Beautiful. We walked up a mountain/hill whare there's a statue of Jesus at the top but not sure what it's called. But I can basically see that from the beach (not the surfers beach). It's a beautiful place. Lovely water on the beach which isn't too cold and relaxing on the sand with the some Keler beer. 

We're gonna go to Gros tonight and find places round there then go to Parte Vieja to probably end up drunk and with a sore head in the morning xD

Get as much food into you coz there ain’t nothing like that here in the UK mate. ;)

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Who else was there??? 

Would have preferred to do it yesterday when the weather was a bit finer but had to wait until Leelah was back at school today before cleaning out my Koi pond... The water is cold, luckily I dropped it just enough for it to steer clear of my bollocks or they may have shrunk down to the size of a couple of marbles.. Just got to top it up now and that's the last job before the winter starts setting in...