talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Toothache is one of the worst things ever... I was on holiday one summer and all of a sudden I was attacked with this affliction and that's that I attend the dentist religiously on my constant visits.  I didn't want to interrupt my holiday so I ignored it and it got to a stage where I was like you and I can take pain, but not that.  Went to a private dentist and he gave me morphine for the pain but I wanted the molar out!  He said that with the infection he couldn't do that so I pulled it out myself with a pair of pliers...  I'm not even joking but that's how bad it was and how much I wished for it all to end.  The morphine just made me feel stupid which is why I made the decision to pull it out myself.  On my return to the dentist he said I was a fool and that I could've died with the infection set in and pulling it out.  I told him that getting rid of the pain INSTANTLY was a risk worth taking at the time.  That's how bad that pain was.

I had oral morphine prescribed to the cat! I ransacked my wife’s drug cabinet and swallowed several cat sized doses which worked out to be about one human dose. Now I understand why people get addicted to opiates, I was sitting in a café and felt like I was flying on a cloud. What was the most brutal pain of my life (mouth, jaw, brain, all screaming in unified pain) turned into ecstasy and only for a few hours, as well. 

I think at one point I was lying on the floor with a towel clench in mouth, to divert the pain. Writhing. 

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

The missus has just cooked me a nice steak with big chunky chips, mushrooms, fried tomato and peas... Lovely!

That's the second time she has done that in a fortnight... Can't help thinking I am being fattened up for the kill... 

Or she's done something wrong waiting for you to notice... 

3 hours ago, Storts said:

Went out for Peruvian food last night in DC, got to say Brian it’s absolutley fantastic 

What did you have there? 

I am probably biased but I don't see anyone else in the America's that rivals our cuisine. Only Mexico comes close.

Ceviche is our most well known dish but my favourite is Aji de Gallina

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Never had Peruvian food but Argentina cuisines shit all over it. 

As they once said in Spongebob, anyone who doesn't like Krabby Pattys, has never eaten one ;) 

Edited by Guest

AC/DC are having their own Limited Edition coin minted... 

Its special edition 50-cent coin costs $15 (pictured)

The Royal Australian Mint has produced special edition AC/DC 50-cent and $5 coins in honour of the legendary Australian rock band's 45th anniversary.

The 30,000 AC/DC 50-cent coins and 10,000 $5 coins will not be circulated but will be available online. 

The special edition 50-cent coin costs $15 while one $5 coin costs $130.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6230435/Australian-Mint-honours-legendary-rockers-AC-DC-special-50-cent-5-coins.html

How cool is that.... A great gesture for a great band.. I want one! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

AC/DC are having their own Limited Edition coin minted... 

Its special edition 50-cent coin costs $15 (pictured)

The Royal Australian Mint has produced special edition AC/DC 50-cent and $5 coins in honour of the legendary Australian rock band's 45th anniversary.

The 30,000 AC/DC 50-cent coins and 10,000 $5 coins will not be circulated but will be available online. 

The special edition 50-cent coin costs $15 while one $5 coin costs $130.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6230435/Australian-Mint-honours-legendary-rockers-AC-DC-special-50-cent-5-coins.html

How cool is that.... A great gesture for a great band.. I want one! 

I'd like it more if the extra $14.50 went to something like drought relief.

Theresa May really needs to stop with those stupid dance things she does.... It's like watching your mate think he is the dogs bollocks on the dance floor doing his John Travolta/Robot dance moves and you just watch as your chances of getting laid just evaporate right in front of your eyes.... 

I have seen it so you lot have to as well... 

Image result for theresa may dancing gif

Please stop.... 

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Theresa May really needs to stop with those stupid dance things she does.... It's like watching your mate think he is the dogs bollocks on the dance floor doing his John Travolta/Robot dance moves and you just watch as your chances of getting laid just evaporate right in front of your eyes.... 

I have seen it so you lot have to as well... 

Please stop.... 

I saw her moving to ABBA's Dancing Queen today xD 

1 hour ago, nudge said:

I saw her moving to ABBA's Dancing Queen today xD 

Yea... That was the straw that broke the camels back for me today.... I can't take anymore...How can you do that and expect to get taken seriously across the rest of the world I ask you.. 

• Haha 1

Done my 10th stand up gig on Monday, 4 months on from when I first started. Used to be petrified of public speaking, shat several bricks in the build up to my first gig. Saw my life flash before my eyes the first time my name was called out to go on stage xD 

Fair to say it's going pretty well so far.

• Upvote 2

• Subscriber
On 03/10/2018 at 20:52, Danny said:

Done my 10th stand up gig on Monday, 4 months on from when I first started. Used to be petrified of public speaking, shat several bricks in the build up to my first gig. Saw my life flash before my eyes the first time my name was called out to go on stage xD 

Fair to say it's going pretty well so far.

Had no idea about this, that's brilliant mate!

I hate public speaking, and with the job i'm in it would help to be better at it. Have you got any tips? What stories do you tell? I bet it's all about how much of a cunt you are!?!? And the crowds... how big are they?

3 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Had no idea about this, that's brilliant mate!

I hate public speaking, and with the job i'm in it would help to be better at it. Have you got any tips? What stories do you tell? I bet it's all about how much of a cunt you are!?!? And the crowds... how big are they?

Tbh mate the only way to get better at public speaking is to do it over and over. One of those skills that unless you're naturally good at it only practice will make you better and feel comfortable doing it. Stand up is a great way to improve it, though there are other options you can generally find online (groups sessions with other people, conferences that encourage it etc).

I do it once a month at a comedy club and it gets about 20-40+ each time, then I do it about once or twice a week in pubs and bars that not including the other 10 comics watching you, there'll be about 10-20 people. There's one gig where it's just 11 comics and about 2-3 people watching xD That's good for public speaking as it feels a bit more personal and it's more about engaging with people individually to make them laugh.

Most of my jokes are observational stuff about me or places I've been/grown up. Got a couple of cancer jokes for good measure too haha.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Danny said:

Tbh mate the only way to get better at public speaking is to do it over and over. One of those skills that unless you're naturally good at it only practice will make you better and feel comfortable doing it. Stand up is a great way to improve it, though there are other options you can generally find online (groups sessions with other people, conferences that encourage it etc).

I do it once a month at a comedy club and it gets about 20-40+ each time, then I do it about once or twice a week in pubs and bars that not including the other 10 comics watching you, there'll be about 10-20 people. There's one gig where it's just 11 comics and about 2-3 people watching xD That's good for public speaking as it feels a bit more personal and it's more about engaging with people individually to make them laugh.

Most of my jokes are observational stuff about me or places I've been/grown up. Got a couple of cancer jokes for good measure too haha.

Hahaha happy days mate, fair play! :)

I've done a few courses through work that helped with public speaking. I did something called Dale Carnegie and then i did a course at a place called the Manufacturing Institute in Manchester. Both involved getting up in front of large groups and talking/presenting. It's still not something that excites me though doing it in my job.  xD

Edited by JOSHBRFC