talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

31 minutes ago, JOSHBRFC said:

Hahaha happy days mate, fair play! :)

I've done a few courses through work that helped with public speaking. I did something called Dale Carnegie and then i did a course at a place called the Manufacturing Institute in Manchester. Both involved getting up in front of large groups and talking/presenting. It's still not something that excites me though doing it in my job.  xD

Haha tbh mate I had a lot of chances with one employer to improve on it but never really had the motivation. Definitely useful if it's how you're looking to make a career but it didn't tickle my fancy at the time. I'm hoping I can forge something within comedy, whether it be stand up, writing etc.

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

I reckon I’m not alone in saying that my private messages are open should anyone ever decide they want to get something off their chest to a complete stranger. Talking does help and any message sent would be in the strictest confidence. 

Top post @Smiley Culture and I echo this for anyone. 

Only time I've ever agreed with Smiley Culture. I don't suffer from depression anymore, but I'm very prone to it as I still have anxiety. Everyday should be mental health day.

My cousin comit suicide during the World Cup, have gone through my own share of mental health issues and still do but never have been on the other side of it quite like that. Completely destroys people and families, not to mention what the person committing suicide would have gone through.

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

International Mental Health Day today. I wasn’t aware there was a “day” for it but social media is telling me there is. I find it a bit silly that there’s a specified day for it because everyday should be Mental Health Day but I’m digressing from the real reason why I’m posting. 

We all spend far too much of our lives on here discussing Football with relative strangers. Most of us haven’t met, will probably never meet but have ‘relationships’ with other lads behind a screen, phone or tablet and really we don’t know the first thing about each other. 

I reckon I’m not alone in saying that my private messages are open should anyone ever decide they want to get something off their chest to a complete stranger. Talking does help and any message sent would be in the strictest confidence. 

A bit of a soppy post but most of us here are blokes between the ages of 18-40 and suicide is the biggest cause of death for our age group and as blokes, we’re usually terrible at talking about feelings and stuff like that. 

Speak up lads. Chat to someone. Offload it all on someone. It might save your life. Stay safe lads. 

Same stands for me for the mentioned above by Smiley, if you need a person to talk to or share a problem don't hesitate to message me. We all struggle with our own demons so don't keep it locked in yourself.

13 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

International Mental Health Day today. I wasn’t aware there was a “day” for it but social media is telling me there is. I find it a bit silly that there’s a specified day for it because everyday should be Mental Health Day but I’m digressing from the real reason why I’m posting. 

We all spend far too much of our lives on here discussing Football with relative strangers. Most of us haven’t met, will probably never meet but have ‘relationships’ with other lads behind a screen, phone or tablet and really we don’t know the first thing about each other. 

A bit of a soppy post but most of us here are blokes between the ages of 18-40 and suicide is the biggest cause of death for our age group and as blokes, we’re usually terrible at talking about feelings and stuff like that. 

Speak up lads. Chat to someone. Offload it all on someone. It might save your life. Stay safe lads. 

Thoughtful post mate... 

You never can tell with some people, even those that seem ok on the outside could be struggling inside.. 

Posts like this remind me of my old neighbor some years back... Great bloke well liked by people down the street and whenever you talked to him he always seemed to be upbeat and you would never have known anything was wrong and I remember the last conversation we had was about how he was looking forward to going to a school reunion... The following morning there was a knock on the door and his wifes sister had the unfortunate duty to inform us that they had found he had hung himself from a tree over the church fields after not coming home that night.. Gutting news.. he had 2 kids as well, really does hit home when its someone you know personally..

Sadly there are not always warning signs and you can't help wondering if he had been able to talk to someone that it might have tipped the balance maybe.. 

My mate has just called to let me know that the guy that used to look after the Waitrose account has just passed away.. 

Been working with him for nearly 6 years now.. Really nice bloke, posh double barreled name with a posh upper class type accent but couldn't get a more down to earth and very funny bloke.. Shame, he will be missed.. 

RIP 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

Fucking hell...wednesday my coach back from London took 4 hours instead of 2 and a half meaning I got home at 3.15am, and today my 1pm flight to France was delayed until 5.30 and then cancelled. It's not my week.

That's pretty shit! What was the reason for the cancellation?

30 minutes ago, Stan said:

That's pretty shit! What was the reason for the cancellation?

Weather. Which is shit because I can't get compensation for that xD There's a flight from Stansted to Toulouse at like 7 in the morning, I'm thinking about getting a late coach tonight...but it doesn't help that Stansted is fucking miles from London.

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Got out my gym gear and 10 minutes later I'm browsing TF365 with a glass of whiskey :dam:.

don't get @SirBalon excited about what you're wearing. It may be Tuesday evening but that won't stop the Spanish reprobate from hitting on you xD 

And obviously we'll from @nudge about the whisky :P 

• Haha 1

On 12/10/2018 at 20:12, JOSHBRFC said:

Has anyone tried the Fiery Buffalo Chicken wrap from McDonald's? Holy shit that sauce is overpowering. :shutup:

Last thing I tried in McDonald's was the toilets...

The food, ( let's call it food for the sake of argument ) is truly awful stuff... 

• Upvote 2

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

Last thing I tried in McDonald's was the toilets...

The food, ( let's call it food for the sake of argument ) is truly awful stuff... 

well it would be if it was from the toilets mate.

24 minutes ago, Stan said:

don't get @SirBalon excited about what you're wearing. It may be Tuesday evening but that won't stop the Spanish reprobate from hitting on you xD 

And obviously we'll from @nudge about the whisky :P 

I'm already imagining Cannabis in a Lycra leopard patterned thonged one piece stretching while I'm helping him reach those unnatural positions one can only help with from behind. :$

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I'm already imagining Cannabis in a Lycra leopard patterned thonged one piece stretching while I'm helping him reach those unnatural positions one can only help with from behind. :$

wait, haven't you already seen him in that? Didn't you take this picture of you wearing it before you lent it to him?

image.jpeg

• Haha 1