talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I rest my case.... 

But going to McDonald's for a coffee or hot chocolate isn't really the proper reason people usually go there for xD

Granted the food is unhealthy as fuck but if you're walking in there expecting some Michelin star food or organic rabbit food you've already made a mistake. 

1 hour ago, Stan said:

But going to McDonald's for a coffee or hot chocolate isn't really the proper reason people usually go there for xD

Granted the food is unhealthy as fuck but if you're walking in there expecting some Michelin star food or organic rabbit food you've already made a mistake. 

When I first saw the sign and it has the word McDonalds above the door I will be honest mate it had me fooled...  I thought it was going to be a classy up market establishment and thought to myself 3 Star Michelin food all the way...

Boy was I in for a surprise, No-one at the door asking for my reservation or able to guide me to a window seat, no table cloth, napkins in a glass, candles or even mood lighting, no waiter, or waitress to take my order and to be at my beck and call at the click of a finger.. no fine selection of wines or spirits?? even the seats were not the upholstered kind I was expecting... even worse there was no washroom attendant to offer me a towel after washing my hands or nothing?? 

And all that simply because I saw the word McDonalds and somehow linked that to being a classy place to eat like the Ledbury... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 18:38, Smiley Culture said:

International Mental Health Day today. I wasn’t aware there was a “day” for it but social media is telling me there is. I find it a bit silly that there’s a specified day for it because everyday should be Mental Health Day but I’m digressing from the real reason why I’m posting. 

We all spend far too much of our lives on here discussing Football with relative strangers. Most of us haven’t met, will probably never meet but have ‘relationships’ with other lads behind a screen, phone or tablet and really we don’t know the first thing about each other. 

I reckon I’m not alone in saying that my private messages are open should anyone ever decide they want to get something off their chest to a complete stranger. Talking does help and any message sent would be in the strictest confidence. 

A bit of a soppy post but most of us here are blokes between the ages of 18-40 and suicide is the biggest cause of death for our age group and as blokes, we’re usually terrible at talking about feelings and stuff like that. 

Speak up lads. Chat to someone. Offload it all on someone. It might save your life. Stay safe lads. 

Have you ever suffered from mental health issues?

On 10/10/2018 at 19:09, Blue said:

Only time I've ever agreed with Smiley Culture. I don't suffer from depression anymore, but I'm very prone to it as I still have anxiety. Everyday should be mental health day.

Is that generalised anxiety Brian?

On 10/10/2018 at 21:58, Cicero said:

More people need to be aware of hotlines that are meant for this type of thing. These are nonprofit organisations, most of which are run by volunteers, that I gladly donate to. 

Somebody is always there to listen. 

I got put of them. I rang one once and I heard the girl laugh. Don't let that put other people of though I'm sure most are good

9 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Coffee drinkers have told me McDonalds coffee is much better. They might be tight and that’s why they say it but I wouldn’t know. 

I may tend to go with what you ended with there... Tight!  There's a lot of tight people these days and it's no longer embarrassing to be tight.

As for Costa and Starbucks...  It's coffee made in a commercial manner and has very little relative mess to a coffee that done properly in a proper coffee place.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I may tend to go with what you ended with there... Tight!  There's a lot of tight people these days and it's no longer embarrassing to be tight.

As for Costa and Starbucks...  It's coffee made in a commercial manner and has very little relative mess to a coffee that done properly in a proper coffee place.

Like McDonald's xD

It's extremely rare, but on the occasion where I'm absolutely rushed and going from one place to the next without time for lunch and want a bite to eat, but want it instantly... Then Pret A Manger is where I end up going in and out of.  McDonald's like KFC is really proof that people disrespect their body in every way.

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

It's extremely rare, but on the occasion where I'm absolutely rushed and going from one place to the next without time for lunch and want a bite to eat, but want it instantly... Then Pret A Manger is where I end up going in and out of.  McDonald's like KFC is really proof that people disrespect their body in every way.

Blasphemy. We just want what the body really wants :ph34r:

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Blasphemy. We just want what the body really wants :ph34r:

If more effort by scientists (by humanity really) had been put into solving other issues revolving the human body other than creating edible substances that our brain is trained to crave, then we would all be in a much better condition.

All the same as with smoking and abusing alcohol etc... The truth is out there if people really care and they only have themselves to blame for the results.

12 hours ago, SirBalon said:

All the same as with smoking and abusing alcohol etc... The truth is out there if people really care and they only have themselves to blame for the results.

This is coming from the nobhead who was posing in a picture the other week with a ciggie :ph34r:

Anyway, you're better off smoking bud.

Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

This is coming from the nobhead who was posing in a picture the other week with a ciggie :ph34r:

Anyway, you're better off smoking bud.

That’s why I know mate! xD

I’m stopping again next week... Hopefully it lasts longer than two years this time. 

• Subscriber
On 16/10/2018 at 21:34, Bluewolf said:

Last thing I tried in McDonald's was the toilets...

The food, ( let's call it food for the sake of argument ) is truly awful stuff... 

I'm more of a KFC anyway to be honest. I just go for the Coffee's mainly when i'm on a night shift.

• Subscriber
38 minutes ago, Azeem said:

I just came back from KFC, ordered a twister sandwich, fried chicken with fries and an upsize Coke :x 

All about the Zinger tower fillet burger. Replace the usual salsa sauce with Supercharger and you're on to a winner.

Typical... just finished shift and off for 4 days and I have been hit with 'Man Flu'... I was fine this morning and have obviously been ambushed by something nasty this afternoon... I have not got the energy to fight it.. the symptoms have taken hold already, I am ebbing away.... it's the end.. I can feel it!! 

Better get a rota up for the rest of the family on who gets to bring the teas and coffees up to me while I am laid up in bed for the next few days recovering.. I had better do it now while I am still strong enough to hold a pen without assistance.. 

• Haha 2

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Typical... just finished shift and off for 4 days and I have been hit with 'Man Flu'... I was fine this morning and have obviously been ambushed by something nasty this afternoon... I have not got the energy to fight it.. the symptoms have taken hold already, I am ebbing away.... it's the end.. I can feel it!! 

Better get a rota up for the rest of the family on who gets to bring the teas and coffees up to me while I am laid up in bed for the next few days recovering.. I had better do it now while I am still strong enough to hold a pen without assistance.. 

Oh shit. Mate I'm so sorry to hear of that. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

I hope you have your bell ready to ring for attention...

Image result for man flu gif

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Oh shit. Mate I'm so sorry to hear of that. I wish you all the best in your recovery.

I hope you have your bell ready to ring for attention...

Image result for man flu gif

Thanks mate... I tried the bell before but never had enough energy to ding it when I needed something doing.. My voice will be so weak I doubt anyone would hear me calling out so better with the rota that way someone is available at 15 minute intervals to check up on me in case it gets any worse.. I would hate to think that I might pass away with a cold cup of coffee in my hands.. that would be the pits.. 

When a woman is in labor the pain is so great that she can almost start to imagine what the man is going through when he has this flu... 

2199fs9.png

20 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Have to say I don't mind McDonald's that much but on the Isle of Man it's a pretty captive audience, no KFC, no Burger King, no Nandos and we're now down to just two Subways. First world problems and that.

Bet you've got decent pub grub though?