talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yeah it's not something I delve in to, Asian beer. 

The only other I had was Kirin beer, but that was a bit too malty for my liking. 

Ha, after drinking light, fizzy, highly carbonated Asian beer for the last 5 years, I'd love something really malty once in a while! :D 

Other than Sapporo, Beer Lao is probably the best one for me. Tiger is decent too. There are plenty of beers that are very drinkable in Thailand, Vietnam and Cambodia, but they are just too generic... 

I'd love a Schwarzbier right now :( Or any proper German or Czech beer, really. Preferably dark.

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Danny said:

There was a bar in Sydney that done $12 jugs of Tiger, that place was like home. More because of the price than the Tiger though 😂

just about to say wtf then re-read it was for jugs of Tiger.

Not bad. For that equivalent price in London you could get a half-pint xD 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

My son bought around some cans of Tiger once he got from Sainsbury's, not bad but I had to put into a pint glass as I don't like drinking out of cans. 

2176.jpg

Same; can't stand drinking out of cans...

Regarding prices: local beer costs 0.5-1$ in a bar here, 1.5-3$ for a regular imported beer, 4-5$ for German Weizenbier and the likes. Drank Saigon Special for 18000VND (less than a dollar) in Vietnam last week; that was the most expensive beer they had too haha. The others were even cheaper but also not that good.

God bless SE Asia! :D :banana:

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

Regarding prices: local beer costs 0.5-1$ in a bar here, 1.5-3$ for a regular imported beer, 4-5$ for German Weizenbier and the likes. Drank Saigon Special for 18000VND (less than a dollar) in Vietnam last week; that was the most expensive beer they had too haha. The others were even cheaper but also not that good.

I loved my army days in Germany where I was stationed in the 70's go to the local German pub with the wife and I would have a pint of Carlsberg or more or in the camps NAAFI bar, those were the days. 

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I loved my army days in Germany where I was stationed in the 70's go to the local German pub with the wife and I would have a pint of Carlsberg or more or in the camps NAAFI bar, those were the days. 

Where in Germany were you stationed?

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Drinking from the bottle is fine, drinking from the can tastes awful.

It's yuk, it's as if you can taste the tin like rust, nothing beats a pint of lager in a glass with a lovely head on top and get all the froth all over your mouth. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

It's yuk, it's as if you can taste the tin like rust, nothing beats a pint of lager in a glass with a lovely head on top and get all the froth all over your mouth. 

we all love a bit of head and frothy mouths at TF365 HQ :ph34r:

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Stan said:

just about to say wtf then re-read it was for jugs of Tiger.

Not bad. For that equivalent price in London you could get a half-pint xD 

Haha honestly mate you don't know about expensive beers until you go to New Zealand. Standard price over Auckland is about 12 dollars which is 6 quid. At home no matter where you are you can find a pub where you can bring a twenty and get anywhere between 5-8 beers depending on price, and waking up after a few drinks having only spent twenty quid is amazing.

Do the same out here and you've nearly drunk $50-$100 and closer to $100 tbh. Then you look at your bank after paying rent and think well that's my last night out for the week. It's brutal on the bank balance.

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Haha honestly mate you don't know about expensive beers until you go to New Zealand. Standard price over Auckland is about 12 dollars which is 6 quid. At home no matter where you are you can find a pub where you can bring a twenty and get anywhere between 5-8 beers depending on price, and waking up after a few drinks having only spent twenty quid is amazing.

Do the same out here and you've nearly drunk $50-$100 and closer to $100 tbh. Then you look at your bank after paying rent and think well that's my last night out for the week. It's brutal on the bank balance.

Yeah but New Zealand dollars aren’t real dollars. 

24 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

Don't know, I don't every post, why, don't you like me adding photos lol O.o

I just found it weird that you sent a picture of Dortmund on google maps like nudge didn't know what Dortmund was xD carry on mate, it doesn't bother me.

• Haha 3

• Administrator
8 hours ago, Berserker said:

That's why we compliment each-other so well, since i can't read and you are a saliva-dripping, wheelchair bound spasticmong, while you read the newspaper for me i take it upon myself to do your marital duties and remind that beautiful gatinha what a real man is, we make such a nice team!

Brilliant. @Cannabisgot owned here. 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, ...Dan said:

I just found it weird that you sent a picture of Dortmund on google maps like nudge didn't know what Dortmund was xD carry on mate, it doesn't bother me.

Lol, you got me worried then, not sure where nudge stayed so that was just a thought in the back of my mind so I inserted the photo, never mind and I will carry on as per normal. :ay: 

So I just called a bus company in Acre, and despite having services that run from the borders of Peru and Bolivia, not a single person there could speak Spanish.

It feels weird though, you take a few steps within the border and all of the sudden nobody else around you could speak the same langauge as yourself. I remember the last time I was in Brazil, nobody could speak anything other than Portuguese. However, that was on the east coast. This is on the border with 2 Spanish speaking countries, that run bus services twice a day. @El Profesor is probably the best English speaker of non-foreigners in Brazil. Unique. 

• Subscriber
18 minutes ago, Blue said:

So I just called a bus company in Acre, and despite having services that run from the borders of Peru and Bolivia, not a single person there could speak Spanish.

It feels weird though, you take a few steps within the border and all of the sudden nobody else around you could speak the same langauge as yourself. I remember the last time I was in Brazil, nobody could speak anything other than Portuguese. However, that was on the east coast. This is on the border with 2 Spanish speaking countries, that run bus services twice a day. @El Profesor is probably the best English speaker of non-foreigners in Brazil. Unique. 

Bloody hell man, I wish I could write and speak English like you and speak different languages, the only other language I know besides English is if I stub my big toe and then yell out "AAAAHHH...you fucking bastard!!". xD