talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

So today I just received news that I will be becoming an uncle via my cousin. My childhood felt like its just gone, we are very close and now I feel old. That doesn't take away that I am excited as hell!

Edited by Guest

49 minutes ago, Machado said:

Hey in my part of the world my cousin's sons aren't my nephews, unless my cousin banged my sister I suppose.

Depends on who you ask. Here in Peru cousins are so connected with regular family that it counts. At least mine are anyways.

10 minutes ago, Marc said:

You won’t be an uncle if your cousin is having a kid xD

In guessing you’re an only child.

Things don't work the same here as they do in the U.K.

Actually, godfathers are called uncles here.. so technically I do qualify.

13 minutes ago, Toinho said:

Why won’t you?

I'm a very fragile and overprotective being. I can't see myself ever managing it. Sure I'm young and it's natural to say that but to be honest I'm not even interested in getting married. 

I struggled with my past girlfriends and I didn't ever make it past a month. I simply worry too much and looking at patterns that's a recipe for disaster.

Me being an uncle is the best possible situation.

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, Blue said:

So today I just received news that I will be becoming an uncle via my cousin. My childhood felt like its just gone, we are very close and now I feel old. That doesn't take away that I am excited as hell!

Congratulations @Blue  me and the wife are great, great, uncle & aunts to many we have lost count, now THAT is feeling old!!xD 

• Subscriber

It's this time of the year again that my wife, me and her big sis visit the local cemetery to lay flowers on family graves and give them a wee tidy up and it always seems to bloody rain or snow whenever we visit Christmas time but I guess that's just the way it is, the flowers will cost a wee bit but it's worth it.

Just texed our son to arrange for him to pick us up in his car and come with us as the wife and her sis have bought 2 big wreaths, it's strange really as he is bringing his son with him (our grandson) the same as last year and the year before last our daughter came with us and the other 2 grandsons so they know now where their departed relatives are buried.    

7 hours ago, Stan said:

You can be called an uncle but not actually biologically be one so I understand where @Blue is coming from.

You could just be really close to that family member and just get on really well with them. 

6 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

Congratulations @Blue  me and the wife are great, great, uncle & aunts to many we have lost count, now THAT is feeling old!!xD 

Thanks. If it's a boy I told my cousin that I could put him in a football academy. Putting my good network of contacts to use. This assuming he likes football!

I just wish his name was Riquelme :( 

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber

Bloody hell, I take it he was ok after. :o

Pakistani anchor gets hit by a ball of fire on live TV. Watch viral video

IndiaToday.in      2 days ago

An unsuspecting Pakistani journalist was in for the rudest shock of his life when he got hit by a ball of fire during a live TV broadcast.

The anchor was in a panel discussion during a live broadcast when suddenly the ball of fire hit him. In the video clip that has been circulating crazily on social media, one can hear the sound of a cracker-like burst followed by the unprecedented mishap on live TV.

Take a look at the video first:

The anchor gets visibly shaken by the burst sound and is hit by the fire just a few seconds later. He immediately gets out of the frame while the panelist answers his question and tries to save himself from the fire.

This is the most bizarre thing we have seen in the longest time.

But this is not the only bizarre thing that has happened on a Pakistani news channel. Just recently, Pakistani PM Imran Khan was trolled mercilessly for a very stupid mistake made by the Pakistan Television Corporation.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/pakistani-anchor-gets-hit-by-ball-of-fire-on-live-tv-watch-viral-video/ar-BBQBDtG?ocid=chromentp

• Subscriber

You've been framed xD

Zomato India driver sacked after eating customer's takeaway

5 hours ago

47575976_10156921714747855_7478608054653

Takeaway delivery firm Zomato has apologized after one of its drivers was filmed eating a client's food and resealing the containers in India.

The video, which was filmed in Madurai in southern India, shows a man wearing a Zomato shirt sitting on a moped eating food out of boxed orders then resealing them and putting them back into a delivery bag.

The video has been viewed thousands of times on social media.

Zomato said it has a "zero tolerance policy" towards food tampering and has sacked the delivery man in question.

In a statement, Zomato acknowledged that the video suggests the man was eating food meant for customers.

The company said: "We have spoken to him at length and while we understand that this was a human error in judgment, we have taken him off our platform."

Zomato also says they will soon introduce "tamper-proof tapes" and "educate their delivery fleet" as a further precaution against food tampering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-46522548

• Haha 1

So it looks like I might be heading back to Canada. I've been back 2 years here, but I've been thinking to make the most of my main family while they are still around/young. Also because I might be switching careers. I've actually lost interest in working in the football industry. What I want to do cannot be done here, and I hate to admit it but the minimum wage is pathetic in this country.

I'll definitely be going back during every possible break but for now the unfortunate scenario is that I'll probably be back in Canada by June of 2019 due to these reasons.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Blue said:

So it looks like I might be heading back to Canada. I've been back 2 years here, but I've been thinking to make the most of my main family while they are still around/young. Also because I might be switching careers. I've actually lost interest in working in the football industry. What I want to do cannot be done here, and I hate to admit it but the minimum wage is pathetic in this country.

I'll definitely be going back during every possible break but for now the unfortunate scenario is that I'll probably be back in Canada by June of 2019 due to these reasons.

La Mejor de las suertes @Blue:twothumbsup:   

• Subscriber

Another form of a grease monkey :o

California man rescued after spending two days trapped in a Chinese restaurant grease vent

Sean Morrison        13 hrs ago

A man has been rescued after spending two days trapped inside a grease vent at a vacant Chinese restaurant in California.

He was freed from the vent after emergency services responded to reports of someone crying for help, police said.

Officers arrived to find the man stuck inside the metal roof-top vent. He was taken to hospital for checks.

It took firefighters just under an hour to free the man, who officials said was physically exhausted and suffering from dehydration.

BBQSXqD.img?h=476&w=714&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

When first responders arrived on the scene, they could hear the voice and quickly determined it was coming from a roof vent atop the restaurant (Alameda County Sheriff's Office)

Police said the man, who has not been identified, may have been trespassing and trying to burglarize the empty restaurant.

BBQT6i1.img?h=400&w=300&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

An investigation was under way into whether he had planned to vandalize or steal from the property.

The man may not have survived another day in the vent “given the circumstances”, Alameda County Sheriff Department said.

He is expected to make a full recovery.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/california-man-rescued-after-spending-two-days-trapped-in-chinese-restaurant-grease-vent/ar-BBQSXvs?ocid=chromentp