talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

23 hours ago, Blue said:

So it looks like I might be heading back to Canada. I've been back 2 years here, but I've been thinking to make the most of my main family while they are still around/young. Also because I might be switching careers. I've actually lost interest in working in the football industry. What I want to do cannot be done here, and I hate to admit it but the minimum wage is pathetic in this country.

I'll definitely be going back during every possible break but for now the unfortunate scenario is that I'll probably be back in Canada by June of 2019 due to these reasons.

What career are you after now then?

I've been hit with reality lately.

As you may or may not know I am a wee 20 year old lad and I moved back to my birth country 2 and a half years ago. I started studying Sports Journalism as this was the better place to do so. As I've hinted, I might be going back to Canada in 2019. I am almost certain I will go back now, and you have no idea how hard it is to leave. This is my place on earth, most of my family and closest friends live here. However, times have changed.

I am leaving for 2 reasons. To study animation and because of the pathetic minimum wage of this country. Reality has struck that most of the jobs that pay well here aren't really what interest me. The thing that makes it so tough to leave though is that I doubt I'll reside in Peru again.

I don't regret moving back these past 3 years though. I spent my youth in the country I had so many nostalgic memories of. As I said, I'm only 20. The important thing now is to get back on track and when holidays roll around, I'll stop by here for a few months. Never feeling away from home.

Edited by Guest

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Nice one mate :)

Got a bottle of Captain Morgan as a Secret Santa present - happy days :hh:

Love a bit of Captain Morgan rum. Always got that in stock in our house.

I've always hated the term used by both Aussie and Brits (could be used by Kiwis, Saffas, and other similar countries): 'born and bred'. I don't know why but it has always sounded so wrong to me. I cringe when I hear and I couldn't rightly say why.

On 16/12/2018 at 23:25, Blue said:

I've been hit with reality lately.

As you may or may not know I am a wee 20 year old lad and I moved back to my birth country 2 and a half years ago. I started studying Sports Journalism as this was the better place to do so. As I've hinted, I might be going back to Canada in 2019. I am almost certain I will go back now, and you have no idea how hard it is to leave. This is my place on earth, most of my family and closest friends live here. However, times have changed.

I am leaving for 2 reasons. To study animation and because of the pathetic minimum wage of this country. Reality has struck that most of the jobs that pay well here aren't really what interest me. The thing that makes it so tough to leave though is that I doubt I'll reside in Peru again.

I don't regret moving back these past 3 years though. I spent my youth in the country I had so many nostalgic memories of. As I said, I'm only 20. The important thing now is to get back on track and when holidays roll around, I'll stop by here for a few months. Never feeling away from home.

Good luck.

All that chaos surrounding the Gatwick Drone incident and now after dragging some poor bloke and his missus through the mud in the media and then letting them go with no charges after being held for 36 hours is fucking appalling... Their names and faces should never have been released to the press until they were 100% sure they were guilty of something.. Some reports are now saying there may not even have been a drone in the first place.. 

What a cluster fuck all round... 

• Subscriber
9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

All that chaos surrounding the Gatwick Drone incident and now after dragging some poor bloke and his missus through the mud in the media and then letting them go with no charges after being held for 36 hours is fucking appalling... Their names and faces should never have been released to the press until they were 100% sure they were guilty of something.. Some reports are now saying there may not even have been a drone in the first place.. 

Aye, what a load of bollocks, all that shite in the news then say "Det Ch Supt Jason Tingley said no footage of a drone had been obtained, and he said there was always a possibility the reported sightings of drones were mistaken."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46665615

Edited by CaaC - John

9 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

It was either aliens or Russians if you ask me...

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Police defend Gatwick drone investigation as they refuse to rule out a theory that it never existed

Martin Evans        16 hrs ago

Police investigating the chaos and disruption at Gatwick Airport have admitted there may never have been a drone at all.

More than 140,000 passengers were affected by last week's shutdown of Britain's second busiest airport, which was ordered after almost 70 drone sightings were reported in the space of a few hours.

BBRlu5O.img?h=450&w=720&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

© Provided by Telegraph Media Group Limited Paul Gait and his wife Elaine Kirk have been released without charge

But after two people were released without charge following three days in custody, a senior Sussex detective said it was possible the sightings had simply been false alarms but denied the investigation was “back to square one”.

Detective Chief Superintendent Jason Tingley revealed that the force had received 67 calls from police officers, airport staff and members of the public reporting drone sightings, but said none of them had actually been confirmed.

Asked about speculation there was never a drone, he replied: "Of course, that's a possibility. We are working with human beings saying they have seen something."

Police questioned them for 36 hours despite Mr Gait having an alibi which placed him at work through most of the disruption.

Police have confirmed that the couple had been arrested following a tip-off from a member of the public.

Mr Tingley refused to apologize over the arrests but thanked the couple for their cooperation.

He went on: "We have put a lot of effort into supporting them when they were released from questioning."

With no obvious breakthrough in the police investigation, the Crimestoppers charity put up a £50,000 reward for information leading the capture of those responsible.

The reward is in addition to the £10,000 being offered by the charity’s chairman, Lord Ashcroft.

On Sunday detectives discovered a damaged drone close to the airport and tests were being carried out to ascertain if it is linked to the incident.

Defending the investigation Mr Tingley said: "We are not back to square one...we have a number of lines of enquiry and persons of interest. We are still progressing those lines of enquiry including house to house enquiries around the sightings of the drone."

But he conceded that the wet weather might hamper the search for any forensic clues from the downed drone.

It is understood one theory now being explored is that any drone attack might have been the work of a former disgruntled Gatwick employee.

The cat and mouse nature of the suspected culprit’s movements on Thursday suggested someone with a good knowledge of the airport’s layout.

A Whitehall source said: “Because of the way they were flying the drone, they had a lot of knowledge about the airport, how it worked and where everything was. It could be a former employee or someone who has done a thorough investigation into the airport."

Police have also refused to rule out that the culprit could strike again at another airport.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/police-defend-gatwick-drone-investigation-as-they-refuse-to-rule-out-theory-that-it-never-existed/ar-BBRloMw?ocid=chromentp

• Subscriber

Had an amazing steak dinner for Christmas Eve tonight... Medium rare Black Angus fillet steak with some rosemary and thyme roasted potatoes and a side salad. Honestly the best steak I ever had.

Now off to have a few beers and whiskies. 

This Christmas is turning out to be quite nice ^_^

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nudge said:

Had an amazing steak dinner for Christmas Eve tonight... Medium rare Black Angus fillet steak with some rosemary and thyme roasted potatoes and a side salad. Honestly the best steak I ever had.

Now off to have a few beers and whiskies. 

This Christmas is turning out to be quite nice ^_^

Nice... I normally go for the chunky chips, mushroom ( big one ) and a fried tomato half... or, the chunky chips, mushroom, tomato, peas and onion rings combo.. 

Like my Steak well done though... don't really want to be listening to it still mooing out the back while I am eating... 

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Haha 1

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Nice... I normally go for the chunky chips, mushroom ( big one ) and a fried tomato half... or, the chunky chips, mushroom, tomato, peas and onion rings combo.. 

Like my Steak Well done though... don't really want to be listening to it still mooing out the back while I am eating... 

Prefer mine medium to well done. If it has blood on it then it needs to go back and be cooked more. 

Also like steaks with a nice peppercorn sauce and chunky chips :x