talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

I thought they had sorted this one out ffs  :dam:

Departures at Heathrow have been stopped after a drone was sighted, the airport has said.

A Heathrow spokeswoman said they were working with police to "prevent any threat to operational safety".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-46803713

Edited by CaaC - John

• Subscriber

This is unreal, I've  watched the film Bird Box and thought "well...it's only a film, that wouldn't happen in real life..." WRONG!!!!

A teenage driver has crashed into another car after pulling her hat over her eyes as part of the so-called "Bird Box Challenge".

The 17-year-old was (unsuccessfully) trying to emulate characters from Bird Box, a Sandra Bullock movie where characters are forced to blindfold themselves to escape an apocalypse caused by supernatural beings.

Characters who look at the film's villains are driven mad and eventually kill themselves after suffering visions that urge them to die.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/bird-box-challenge-teen-crashes-after-driving-car-blindfolded/ar-BBS8kW7

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, CaaC - John said:

This is unreal, I've  watched the film Bird Box and thought "well...it's only a film, that wouldn't happen in real life..." WRONG!!!!

You should never underestimate human stupidity... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

5th 12 hour shift in a row. Roll on 7 feeling knackered but the beauty of security is get to watch the football on a nightshift and a weekend so cannot complain 😀

I know how you feel, I did security work for near on 20 years before I retired, 12-hour shifts can be a long toil but I enjoyed a night shift I must admit. 

• Administrator
2 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

2 hours ago, nudge said:

You should never underestimate human stupidity... 

Yep! My first thought was pretty much this:

tenor.gif

27 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

5th 12 hour shift in a row. Roll on 7 feeling knackered but the beauty of security is get to watch the football on a nightshift and a weekend so cannot complain 😀

Did you ever work the same security places/shifts as @Rafa Beneathus?

34 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I know how you feel, I did security work for near on 20 years before I retired, 12-hour shifts can be a long toil but I enjoyed a night shift I must admit. 

Whenever leaving site, there is always a security fella coming on to do his night shift. He works from about 5pm until 6am the next day. They always change the fella every other day, although what I don't get is how there is only ever 1 of them at a time. What if a group of gypos decided to go on site at night? We'd go into work the next day and the security fella would be tied to the silo with a doughnut in his mouth...

Personally, I'd just stick 2 big rottweilers on site and stick signs up saying "Beware of the dogs", as that would certainly keep people away. Unfortunately that isn't permitted anymore in England.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

Whenever leaving site, there is always a security fella coming on to do his night shift. He works from about 5pm until 6am the next day. They always change the fella every other day, although what I don't get is how there is only ever 1 of them at a time. What if a group of gypos decided to go on site at night? We'd go into work the next day and the security fella would be tied to the silo with a doughnut in his mouth...

Depending on the site a lot of buildings etc that I worked on before I retired never operated a one-man security officer as the building in question would be classed as a high-risk place for a lone worker so they would have 2 officers on duty, the building that I worked in for 13 years after 1900hrs all main doors were locked and secured, if any problems arose which was rare you would have a panic button you could press and the police would be on the site in minutes.

I worked in a garage once as a console operator and after 2200hrs you would lock the main doors and served through a small window where people would come and buy cigs etc or pay for their petrol, the panic button would be right next to the window, you would get the odd 'Runner' as we called them that would fill up their tanks and shoot off without paying but we had CCTV all around where you would call the police and they would look at the CCTV footage and look for licence number etc.   

2 hours ago, CaaC - John said:

We do 2 12s and 5 14s in a row in one of our week rotas that's tiring all nightshift that week is.

• Subscriber
29 minutes ago, Kyletoonfan said:

We do 2 12s and 5 14s in a row in one of our week rotas that's tiring all nightshift that week is.

We did a morning/afternoon and night shifts on rotation, 6 days, 12-hour shifts, sometimes you might have the odd Sat or Sunday off but it was a long drag but I did not mind a night shift as once you locked the building up you were on your tod and done 3-30 minute patrols of the building on the 12-hour shift and then just sit at the atrium desk manning the telephone and checking the CCTV, I love reading a good book and I guarantee I read a hell of a lot of books. :coffee:  

On 13/01/2019 at 14:37, CaaC - John said:

Depending on the site a lot of buildings etc that I worked on before I retired never operated a one-man security officer as the building in question would be classed as a high-risk place for a lone worker so they would have 2 officers on duty, the building that I worked in for 13 years after 1900hrs all main doors were locked and secured, if any problems arose which was rare you would have a panic button you could press and the police would be on the site in minutes.

I worked in a garage once as a console operator and after 2200hrs you would lock the main doors and served through a small window where people would come and buy cigs etc or pay for their petrol, the panic button would be right next to the window, you would get the odd 'Runner' as we called them that would fill up their tanks and shoot off without paying but we had CCTV all around where you would call the police and they would look at the CCTV footage and look for licence number etc.   

This is on a building site this. But you'd have thought they'd have 2 for safety reasons. It's not like building sites are exactly hard to get on either as you can rip Heras fences open with your hands and the clips bend and come off.

Either way, I'd hate to do that job as there isn't enough going on. A shift would feel like a week xD.

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This is on a building site this. But you'd have thought they'd have 2 for safety reasons. It's not like building sites are exactly hard to get on either as you can rip Heras fences open with your hands and the clips bend and come off.

I think the law will change sooner or later where you cannot have lone workers (security) on sites that are classed as bad, there are some security companies around (I won't name on an open post) that cost cut to save out money and stick some poor guy on a building site etc that is known to be a rough area. 

I have done a site around 2001 which was a student's residence site as a lone security officer and it was deadly, you had to watch your back when you were doing a patrol, a security officer I knew once had an old tv come smashing down nearly on his head from a students window 3 floors up, there was always police there at weekends as the students had the weekend off and a lot of them were high as kites or pissed as newts nearing mid-night lol.  

They eventually made the security on that site as mobile patrols by security supervisors but even they had to watch themselves, I hear that the place I worked at (students residence) has quietened down a hell of a lot nowadays.

• Administrator

So in my quest to get fitter and in line with one of my resolutions at the start of this year, I've started back up on the exercise bike we've got which for the most part has been gathering dust.

I've not been able to play football due to injury so thought I'd take up exercise on the bike as it doesn't involve going out or costing anything.

Did 10km in 31mins. Not sure if that's good or not but I aim to get below 30mins and even quicker in the next few weeks. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, CaaC - John said:

I think the law will change sooner or later where you cannot have lone workers (security) on sites that are classed as bad, there are some security companies around (I won't name on an open post) that cost cut to save out money and stick some poor guy on a building site etc that is known to be a rough area. 

I have done a site around 2001 which was a student's residence site as a lone security officer and it was deadly, you had to watch your back when you were doing a patrol, a security officer I knew once had an old tv come smashing down nearly on his head from a students window 3 floors up, there was always police there at weekends as the students had the weekend off and a lot of them were high as kites or pissed as newts nearing mid-night lol.  

They eventually made the security on that site as mobile patrols by security supervisors but even they had to watch themselves, I hear that the place I worked at (students residence) has quietened down a hell of a lot nowadays.

Not just the security as house build companies will only want to pay so much due to their "budgets", even though they save enough by selling such crap houses which aren't even built properly ans are built using such cheap crappy materials.

They would do anything to save money so that their CEOs can make their 50 million bonuses.

Dogs always worked best as nobody wants to confront an angry dog.

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Upvote 1

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

They would do anything to save money so that their CEOs can make their 50 million bonuses and shit like that.

True, I was lucky and ended up working for a security company that gave me my own building, I was there for 13 odd years and worked my way up from a security supervisor then joined the company that we did the security for as building supervisor then 4 years as an assistant building manager in charge of security etc, jumped from £4.00 an hour security wise to £8.00 odds as an assistant building manager, good old days but it's weird as I did long hours (12 hour shifts) and I would get out of bed in the morning around 04.30 and get ready for work and now I am retired (4 years now) I still wake up on the dot at 04.30 and it takes me a good fucking hour to get back to sleep lol.

On 13/01/2019 at 15:48, CaaC - John said:

We did a morning/afternoon and night shifts on rotation, 6 days, 12-hour shifts, sometimes you might have the odd Sat or Sunday off but it was a long drag but I did not mind a night shift as once you locked the building up you were on your tod and done 3-30 minute patrols of the building on the 12-hour shift and then just sit at the atrium desk manning the telephone and checking the CCTV, I love reading a good book and I guarantee I read a hell of a lot of books. :coffee:  

That's cool and good if you like reading. I sometimes do football manager or watch stuff on sky go or Netflix or showbox on the nightime as well as watching the cctv cameras and patrolling the site there's always 2 of us on, on a night time or weekend and during the day week day we work with a receptionist and I work at a paint factory.

5 hours ago, Stan said:

So in my quest to get fitter and in line with one of my resolutions at the start of this year, I've started back up on the exercise bike we've got which for the most part has been gathering dust.

I've not been able to play football due to injury so thought I'd take up exercise on the bike as it doesn't involve going out or costing anything.

Did 10km in 31mins. Not sure if that's good or not but I aim to get below 30mins and even quicker in the next few weeks. 

Nice one keep it up and I'm sure it'll work. I'm going to start going to the gym. I want to lose weight and then hopefully get back into refereeing when I'm not working. Need to be as fit as possible for getting into that. Might start doing 5 a side football to.