talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 11/07/2019 at 16:59, Bluewolf said:

My phone has just started ringing and when I checked who it was it said a call from New York??? I can't think of anyone I know that is either living in or visiting that part of the world but if it's someone on here that has my number just PM me I will be glad to assist... 

Probably some elaborate lottery super scam designed to trick the elderly and infirm.... well they picked on the wrong bloke this time, I was so slow at getting to my phone that they hung up before I could talk to anyone... B|

I had a missed call from Liberia last week. Gutted I didn’t answer it. If it’s similar to Nigeria (and it is - same last 4 letters, and same second letter) I could have shared some Prince’s Money. 

• Subscriber
On 11/07/2019 at 09:59, Bluewolf said:

My phone has just started ringing and when I checked who it was it said a call from New York??? I can't think of anyone I know that is either living in or visiting that part of the world but if it's someone on here that has my number just PM me I will be glad to assist... 

Probably some elaborate lottery super scam designed to trick the elderly and infirm.... well they picked on the wrong bloke this time, I was so slow at getting to my phone that they hung up before I could talk to anyone... B|

4 hours ago, Toinho said:

I had a missed call from Liberia last week. Gutted I didn’t answer it. If it’s similar to Nigeria (and it is - same last 4 letters, and same second letter) I could have shared some Prince’s Money. 

Get them calls all the time and as I said to the wife if no name stored comes up on the phone and no voice mail then just 'block them', but even that does not work as they call again with a different number.

The email ones are the best saying you have won thousands and just give them your bank details and they will stick it in your bank, I got a new one the other day which I blocked, never seen this one before...

download.png.26794e3935fd6c0f85ce2f6ce6ca271b.png

They are hoping I join then give them my bank details for the $500 as that sounds a bit better than the "You have £200,000,000 which is due to you from the Nigerian Government..." xD

• Subscriber

:4_joy:

Quote.thumb.png.fcf99909cad19c7f8a908befcdc01a33.png

'Gimp' Terrorising Somerset Town Beaten Up By MMA Fighter

a05662785d3057a69f4e682259c0a359.png&qua

A mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter has claimed that he beat up a man dressed in a gimp suit who has been terrorising a town in Somerset.

Boxing and Muay Thai devotee Cameron Graham said that he was drunk when he saw the strange sight of a man dressed in a rubber onesie, lying on the floor of a car park in Claverham, Somerset. When the man tried to get up, Cameron claims to have struck him back down.

When the fighter returned home he told his mum, who he said didn't believe him - neither did his friends, so he started to think it may have been the effects of a heavy session that made him imagine it.

0928e4455d30501effaf5c8a7c5e3a92.jpg&qua

He doesn't say when it happened, but then, when subsequent reports of the 'grunting' gimp surfaced recently, he has started to think that he may have been right all along.

Cameron told The Daily Star: "I was just walking along and there was this bloke lying on the ground in a car park next to a field.

"He was wearing a full gimp suit - latex and everything. He tried to get up but I was having none of it.

"I kicked him in the face and then to the stomach and got off."

When people dismissed his claims, he started to doubt himself, saying his head had been 'all over the place' following a recent break-up.

"I ended up convincing myself it didn't happen," he said. "They all said it was rubbish and I was just drunk.

"To be fair I'd had a few beers, but I wasn't out of my tree."

But Cameron is now insistent that it was the same person reported to have chased a woman through the Somerset village.

He continued: "But now it turns out it's true. The bloke I kicked looks like that bloke in the photo. They're both tubby."

He added: "People think it's funny but it's not. It's making people scared to let their kids play, which isn't good."

The revelation comes after a man wearing a gimp suit chased a 'terrified' 23-year-old woman through the village while he was 'grunting and breathing heavily'.

The woman was walking down a dark village lane before spotting the man 'charging' towards her in a 'full black rubbery suit'.

Avon and Somerset Police confirmed on Twitter that there had been a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people in the area, with someone being arrested.

The first suspect, a man in his 20s, was being held on suspicion of indecency but was released on police bail.

Police confirmed that a second man in his 30s was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of indecency offences and was held in custody. Inquiries into the incidents are ongoing.

LADbible has reached out to Avon and Somerset Police for an update. 

• Subscriber

The only thing I did not like when I grew up in Australia was the heat, mosquitoes and these bastards, FLIES!!

Quote.thumb.png.9efe54a4b1e02401df6eee3887c76da9.png

Swarms of flies from steelworks plague residents in Cardiff

Residual food contamination is being blamed for the infestations plaguing people who live in Splott, Pengam Green and Tremorfa.

2371907200820719807_4723362.jpg?bypass-s

The flies have been traced to waste food in Cardiff

Parts of Cardiff are being plagued by fly infestations, linked to food containers on a steelworks site.

Residents in Splott, Tremorfa and Pengam Green have faced weeks of infestations from the flies, and say they are unable to open their windows in hot weather for fear of more getting into their homes.

Pictures on social media show dozens of bugs stuck to flypaper and in traps.

Huw Thomas, Cardiff Council leader, tweeted: "Tremorfa and Pengam Green residents: if you've been affected by lots of flies in your house, the issue has now been traced to steel food containers on the Celsa site. Measures to fix and address underway."

He later added those measures would include "processing the material asap, traps and sprays until that's done, avoiding bringing contaminated material onsite in future, and providing pest control materials to residents".

Some residents claimed the issue had been going on for two years, with one person tweeting: "Have had to put up with this the last 2 years! It has caused me severe stress. Unable to open windows! They even get in when windows are closed. Had 3 days off work sick last week with sickness. Fighting flies off food when you're cooking. Landing on your food when eating!"

One woman told Wales Online: "It's incredibly stressful when there has been beautiful weather outside and we are not able to open our windows.

https://news.sky.com/story/swarms-of-flies-from-steelworks-plague-residents-in-cardiff-11766907

On 18/07/2019 at 18:05, CaaC (John) said:

:4_joy:

Quote.thumb.png.fcf99909cad19c7f8a908befcdc01a33.png

'Gimp' Terrorising Somerset Town Beaten Up By MMA Fighter

a05662785d3057a69f4e682259c0a359.png&qua

A mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter has claimed that he beat up a man dressed in a gimp suit who has been terrorising a town in Somerset.

Boxing and Muay Thai devotee Cameron Graham said that he was drunk when he saw the strange sight of a man dressed in a rubber onesie, lying on the floor of a car park in Claverham, Somerset. When the man tried to get up, Cameron claims to have struck him back down.

When the fighter returned home he told his mum, who he said didn't believe him - neither did his friends, so he started to think it may have been the effects of a heavy session that made him imagine it.

0928e4455d30501effaf5c8a7c5e3a92.jpg&qua

He doesn't say when it happened, but then, when subsequent reports of the 'grunting' gimp surfaced recently, he has started to think that he may have been right all along.

Cameron told The Daily Star: "I was just walking along and there was this bloke lying on the ground in a car park next to a field.

"He was wearing a full gimp suit - latex and everything. He tried to get up but I was having none of it.

"I kicked him in the face and then to the stomach and got off."

When people dismissed his claims, he started to doubt himself, saying his head had been 'all over the place' following a recent break-up.

"I ended up convincing myself it didn't happen," he said. "They all said it was rubbish and I was just drunk.

"To be fair I'd had a few beers, but I wasn't out of my tree."

But Cameron is now insistent that it was the same person reported to have chased a woman through the Somerset village.

He continued: "But now it turns out it's true. The bloke I kicked looks like that bloke in the photo. They're both tubby."

He added: "People think it's funny but it's not. It's making people scared to let their kids play, which isn't good."

The revelation comes after a man wearing a gimp suit chased a 'terrified' 23-year-old woman through the village while he was 'grunting and breathing heavily'.

The woman was walking down a dark village lane before spotting the man 'charging' towards her in a 'full black rubbery suit'.

Avon and Somerset Police confirmed on Twitter that there had been a small number of reports of a man jumping out at people in the area, with someone being arrested.

The first suspect, a man in his 20s, was being held on suspicion of indecency but was released on police bail.

Police confirmed that a second man in his 30s was arrested on Tuesday on suspicion of indecency offences and was held in custody. Inquiries into the incidents are ongoing.

LADbible has reached out to Avon and Somerset Police for an update. 

A drunk man saw a man in a gimp suit lying on the floor, he tried to get up so the drunk guy kicked him in the face? Shouldn't he be charged with assault? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

A drunk man saw a man in a gimp suit lying on the floor, he tried to get up so the drunk guy kicked him in the face? Shouldn't he be charged with assault? 

I think he was charged and when I read the whole story after I posted it I saw it was from the poxy Daily Star, that paper is in the same league as the bloody Sun & Mirror, but I know the police were looking for a guy in a gimp suit terrorising women in that district in the last few weeks so that might have been him? 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Back when @CaaC (John) and @Bluewolf used to play football...

Football was a man's game in them days, batter shite out of each other on the pitch and have a pint after in the bar and have a good laugh, nowadays you just have to point a finger on a players chest and he would go down as if he had been hit by a truck and roll all over the place. xD

• Subscriber

xD These twats will try anything to get your bank details, I have never had a direct debit or anything else to do with my TV Licence with my bank, this is about the 20th (or more) from the imaginary TV Licence board I have blocked but they still pop up with a different email code.

389166847_download(1).png.828cc684ce93be2b6f44a044f362c58b.png

• Administrator
31 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

xD These twats will try anything to get your bank details, I have never had a direct debit or anything else to do with my TV Licence with my bank, this is about the 20th (or more) from the imaginary TV Licence board I have blocked but they still pop up with a different email code.

389166847_download(1).png.828cc684ce93be2b6f44a044f362c58b.png

Can you not mark it as spam so it just goes straight to that spam/junk folder and you don't have to open it?

• Subscriber
28 minutes ago, Stan said:

Can you not mark it as spam so it just goes straight to that spam/junk folder and you don't have to open it?

I do @Stan but as I said above "this is about the 20th (or more) from the imaginary TV Licence board I have blocked but they still pop up with a different email code..."

I signed up with Ofcom & ICO and if I have any issues like above I will report them but the Spammers have a 100 ways of getting around being reported, it's amazing who Ofcom/ICO fine like Banks etc but money to them is nothing and they pay the fine and just continue on, this is the latest company that ICO fined.

download.thumb.png.b1cc0002fb5490b2c4657156d4bef7f1.png

Check the link below and look at some of the names that Enforcement Action was taken by Ofcom/ICO, the mind boggles. 

https://ico.org.uk/action-weve-taken/enforcement/

Edited by CaaC (John)

Waiting for my flight, but it’s full of Inuit people at this terminal. I’m trying so hard to not talk to them, it’s so cool @nudge

Edited by Guest

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Grizzly21 said:

Waiting for my flight, but it’s full of Inuit people at this terminal. I’m trying so hard to not talk to them, it’s so cool @nudge

Enjoy it... Just don't annoy them too much! xD :P