talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

5 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

There was a time I used to just spit on it and wipe the blood away and carry on but it was pissing so much blood I thought I had severed an artery or something... They told me I would have to have 4 injections before having the stitches in but I just told them to crack on without it... Almost regretted it though, the nurse was pretty ruthless but efficient.. 

They said I had to keep my arm above heart level but I told them according to my kids I don't have one so that didn't matter... 

Tough as old boots me mate.. :ph34r:

I remember the blood when I cut the tip of my finger off about 10 years ago. It didn't hurt at all, but the panic when you look at it xD. The doctor did a great job of that as well to be fair as the scarring doesn't look too bad at all. You can barely see it in fact unless you take a proper close look.

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber
25 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Shit thing to happen that is.. 

Wasn't married then just a single guy out on the piss with my army pals, but it's a lesson of life I bought our son up on, never get pissed and get into a fight.

I was lucky the army doctor said I never bled to death as I did not even know I had been slashed and crashed out on my army bed in my room, lying on my back, I woke up the next morning and my back was stuck to the mattress, apparently the army doc said the sheet and mattress had stopped the bleeding and I was lucky.

I was also lucky as they tell you in the army that if you share a room with anybody and they come in drunk always make sure they are laid on there stomach and not their back as if they were sick laid on their back they could choke to death with their own sick, my room buddy at the time was also pissed as a newt and crashed out on the floor, when I woke him up the next morning and asked him to look at my back he did and said "For fucks sake Aussie...." and I was rushed to camp 10 medical centre and stitched up.

I asked my roommate Jock after I got back from camp 10 and asked him what my back looked like before I got stitched up he said it looked like a piece of rumped steak.   

1368098209_download(2).png.9c3cd731223f638d465547d318572d2a.png

Edited by CaaC (John)

1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I remember the blood when I cut the tip of my finger off about 10 years ago. It didn't hurt at all, but the panic when you look at it xD. The doctor did a great job of that as well to be fair as the scarring doesn't look too bad at all. You can barely see it in fact unless you take a proper close look.

Know what you mean, when I did that yesterday it was chucking out and even when I clamped my hand across it so much blood was coming out I was holding it over the drain and it was pouring in... the missus got a bit panicky and it's then you start to wonder if you have done something far more serious to yourself... I spent 10 full minutes on the phone with them asking me questions like have I lost any fingers, have I turned pale, is my chest cold or warm etc.. only then to be told they could not get an ambulance to me for 2 hours and could I get the hospital.. lucky my neighbour was in and she took me up there.. 

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Wasn't married then just a single guy on the piss with my army pals, but it's a lesson of life I bought our son up on, never get pissed and get into a fight.

I was lucky the army doctor said I never bled to death as I did not even know I had been slashed and crashed out on my army bed in my room, lying on my back, I woke up the next morning and my back was stuck to the mattress, apparently the army doc said the sheet and mattress had stopped the bleeding and I was lucky.

I was also lucky as they tell you in the army that if you share a room with anybody and they come in drunk always make sure they are laid on there stomach and not their back as if they were sick laid on their back they could choke to death whit their own sick, my room buddy at the time was also pissed as a newt and crashed out on the floor, when I woke him up the next morning and asked him to look at my back he did and said "For fucks sake Aussie...." and I was rushed to camp 10 medical centre and stitched up.

I asked my roommate Jock after I got back from camp 10 and asked him what my back looked like before I got stitched up he said it looked like a piece of rumped steak.   

1368098209_download(2).png.9c3cd731223f638d465547d318572d2a.png

I was out with a couple of mates last year and we were talking about some of the people we had not seen for a bit and an old friends name came up an one of my mates told me that he heard he had chocked to death from exactly what you are talking about.. being sick after drinking and I was shocked.. He couldn't confirm if it was true only what he had been told.. I have lost touch with where he is living now as well so can't visit to see if he is ok or not... hope it was just an untrue rumour.. Sounds like you were dead lucky there mate, another time you could have bled out.. 

Edited by Bluewolf

3 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

After reading that I have just counted up all the stitches I have had on my body in all my 70s years, it adds up to 32, the most was 10 in my back when I got into a fight in my army days and he razored me in my back, I learnt a lesson there, always watch your back when you hit someone and he hits the ground and you turn and walk away, and no disrespect as we were arguing over football, both drunk...and he was a Leeds United supporter. :drunk: 

Since you're from Glasgow, I'm guessing the wounds largely came from knives and you stitched them back up yourself using fishing line and a sewing needle.

• Haha 2

• Subscriber

I nearly forgot its the wife's Birthday tomorrow, legged it all the way downtown and picked a card and came home with a big smile on my face, opened it up then had a look and read 'Happy ANNIVERSARY my dear wife...' FUCK...had to leg it all the way back downtown and changed it, the lady that served me beforehand laughed her socks off when I told her and I said "I will more than likely come in here in December when it's our Wedding Anniversary and buy a...' Happy BIRTHDAY my dear wife...'  O.o   

I've just been sorting out a bit of work(just as a stop gap until my holiday in a week and half) with a fella today via whatsapp and completely forgot that my picture on there is of me stood in Dam square with a guy dressed up as the grym reaper with a huge spliff in his mouth. Looks very professional :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I've just been sorting out a bit of work(just as a stop gap until my holiday in a week and half) with a fella today via whatsapp and completely forgot that my picture on there is of me stood in Dam square with a guy dressed up as the grym reaper with a huge spliff in his mouth. Looks very professional :ph34r:

Typical Rebel!    

• Subscriber
Just now, The Rebel CRS said:

@RandoEFC If you had a fishing reel which fits 500 yards of line with a diameter of 0.30, but 350 yards of line with a diameter of 0.35, then how many yards of line would it require to fill the reel if the line had a diameter of 0.33?

Is this a joke or do you actually want me to work it out? xD

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I actually want you to work it out, so I know how much backing line to put on without wasting the good stuff xD

I need some sort of diagram as I can't get my head around what you mean by the diameter 

• Subscriber
47 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I need some sort of diagram as I can't get my head around what you mean by the diameter 

The diameter of the fishing line. Basically how thick it is.

I actually found it interesting so I did my calculations and came up to roughly 400-405 yards (depending to which digit you round the initial numbers during the calculations). I'd wait for Rando's results if I were you though @The Rebel CRSxD 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

The diameter of the line in millimetres.

shimano_baitrunner_dl_reel_3_1.jpg

0.30mm - 500 meters

0.33 - ??? meters

0.35mm - 350 meters

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

The diameter of the fishing line. Basically how thick it is.

I actually found it interesting so I did my calculations and came up to roughly 400-405 yards (depending to which digit you round the initial numbers during the calculations). I'd wait for Rando's results if I were you though @The Rebel CRSxD 

I suppose 400 would do it either way, even if it's not exact as it would be approximately that.