talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

My Grandad just died. He was one of the greatest people I ever knew. 

I just want to go home right now

Shit man, hate that.

Sorry for your loss and condolences to your family :( 

If you need a chat, give me a PM.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Sorry to hear that mate, lots of love.

On 18/08/2019 at 10:50, Bluewolf said:

Had my mate down from Notts yesterday for a stopover before going on to Coventry to say goodbye to one of his old workmates... turns out his mate got bitten by a dog a couple of weeks ago and after giving him his tetanus they took some blood samples to check everything was ok  and that was on a Friday, by Monday they called him back in to tell him the results had shown up a problem and he has been given just 2 weeks left to live... unreal.. he says he feels fine and is still laughing and joking like he normally would, told my mate to hurry up because his time is nearly up and all that... only in his 40's as well.. 

How devastating is that.. 

Bloody hell. Never heard of anything like that before, cannot imagine what the bloke is going through. Was it a stray dog?

Oddly (perhaps) being careful around dogs (especially stray ones) was always instilled in me by my mum growing up, I don't know why but that caution is one of those random things that have stuck with me in life.

Edited by carefreeluke
  • Thanks 1

On 15/08/2019 at 19:29, nudge said:

Then it will be between 394 and 413 meters... So yeah; 400 meters is still a safe bet it seems.

I've just thought now. If it was 500 meters at 0.30mm and 350 meters at 0.35mm then I'd have simply just needed to divide 150 between 5, which is 30 and then take away 30 as I went up a 0.1mm, which would pretty much leave me with this:-

0.31 - 470
0.32 - 440
0.33 - 410
0.34 - 380

Quite basic mathematics really(even if it's only an approximation) and I don't know why I even needed to ask @RandoEFC or yourself as I should really have worked that out myself.

Don't smoke weed :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS
  • Haha 1

On 19 August 2019 at 22:03, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm very sorry to hear this news mate. May he rest in peace and may his memory be forever lasting in the family, especially for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I didn't notice @Dr. Gonzo's post until now.

Sorry to hear that mate and I know what you're going through(other than the not being able to get back over here, which must make it a lot worse) and it's one of the horrible parts of life. You will always remember the great times though mate when looking back in future years and his memory will live on for you.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

You know when you say the wrong thing at just the wrong time.... 

The missus has woken up this morning with her eye watering and something is stuck just under her top eyelid that's causing the problem, we can't see what it is and she can't keep her eye open long enough without hurting her to see what it might be so she went back downstairs.. Just after she left I got flagged for summer deals on Screwfix and they are selling a Jetwash on a deal so I will probably pick one up later today, anyway I went back downstairs and she is bent over water pouring from her eye and I happen to mention the Jetwasher... she looked up at me with that look she gives me and said "bit extreme wouldn't you say, I am sure it will come out by itself in a while.." couldn't stop laughing at her xD

• Haha 3

On 22/08/2019 at 11:43, Bluewolf said:

You know when you say the wrong thing at just the wrong time.... 

The missus has woken up this morning with her eye watering and something is stuck just under her top eyelid that's causing the problem, we can't see what it is and she can't keep her eye open long enough without hurting her to see what it might be so she went back downstairs.. Just after she left I got flagged for summer deals on Screwfix and they are selling a Jetwash on a deal so I will probably pick one up later today, anyway I went back downstairs and she is bent over water pouring from her eye and I happen to mention the Jetwasher... she looked up at me with that look she gives me and said "bit extreme wouldn't you say, I am sure it will come out by itself in a while.." couldn't stop laughing at her xD

I was expecting this story to take a little twist from here.. :ph34r:

Edited by The Rebel CRS

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9d8fa9de1448209db75545fc197f2f77.png

The Bird or Bunny Optical Illusion Could Have You Second-Guessing Your Eyesight

download.png.26c48438169f7c6351b535cba9522c86.png

The internet can't resist a mind-bending illusion. Some of the most popular ones to go viral feature content that can be interpreted two ways: The infamous dress ignited a web-wide controversy over whether it was black and blue or white and gold, and the "yanny or laurel" audio clip messed with people's ears instead of their eyes. The latest illusion the internet can't agree on is a video of someone petting a raven—or is it a rabbit? Watch the clip below and decide for yourself.

Paige Davis, the curator of bird training at the World Bird Sanctuary, shared this video of a white-necked raven more than two years ago. A biological psychiatry researcher named Dan Quintana recently found the clip-on Imgur's Twitter account and tweeted it with the caption: "Rabbits love getting stroked on their nose."

"By first directing the viewer's attention to the nose, I was trying to distract viewers from the ears/beak, one of the clear giveaways that this was a video of a raven," Quintana wrote in a blog post.

With its head tilted back, it's easy to mistake the raven's beak for bunny ears and the top of its head for a nose. But a few details—like its translucent nictitating membrane that closes across the eye horizontally—indicate that it's really a bird.

This video is a real-life version of one of the most famous illustrated illusions of all time. Like the raven vs. rabbit clip, this drawing, sketched by American psychologist Joseph Jastrow in 1899, depicts either a duck facing left or a bunny facing right. There is no "right" way to view this illusion: Jastrow drew it to see how fast viewers could switch from one perception to the other.

AAGey5E.img?h=639&w=728&m=6&q=60&o=f&l=f

Even though we know which animal the subject of this latest illusion really is, it still works with Jastrow's test: Watch the clip again and see if you can force your mind to go back and forth between seeing a bird and a rabbit. After that exercise, here are some more optical illusions to break your brain.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/offbeat/the-bird-or-bunny-optical-illusion-could-have-you-second-guessing-your-eyesight/ar-AAGfauw

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction
  • Upvote 1

• Administrator

Heads up for everyone in case they weren't aware. Next week's football includes:

Rangers vs Celtic
Lazio vs Roma
Marseille vs St. Etienne
Juventus vs Napoli
Arsenal vs Spurs

:D  :D 

Just now, Stan said:

Huh? I haven't added it to that post xD 

You listed the great fixtures this weekend for the prediction league, you didn't mention Lyon so I assumed you didn't include it. 

When I saw you did, I replied here saying 'disregard'. 

• Administrator
39 minutes ago, Eco said:

You listed the great fixtures this weekend for the prediction league, you didn't mention Lyon so I assumed you didn't include it. 

When I saw you did, I replied here saying 'disregard'. 

Ah right, nah they're just fixtures for people to watch! Didn't mention Prediction League :P