talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

We’re back. I hope everyone dealt with having to communicate via talking okay and John’s wife hasn’t killed him for printing off 275 links to BBC articles for her to read. 

I survived.

It had been a while since speaking to my family so nice to have a chance to speak to them.

Hope everyone else is okay. 

3 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Happens far too often. Is there much damage?

Yeah the back of my car is smashed in. I’m surprised my neck isn’t really hurting from the crash - but I think that’s good because I’m getting married on Saturday and I don’t wanna have a stiff fucking neck at my wedding

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah the back of my car is smashed in. I’m surprised my neck isn’t really hurting from the crash - but I think that’s good because I’m getting married on Saturday and I don’t wanna have a stiff fucking neck at my wedding

You sure it's not the universes way of saying that marriage is for losers? :what: 

In all seriousness, glad you're alright. Annoys me when people don't pay attention.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

You sure it's not the universes way of saying that marriage is for losers? :what: 

In all seriousness, glad you're alright. Annoys me when people don't pay attention.

Haha it might be saying that xD

But thanks mate, if my neck stays pain free I think I’m pretty lucky all things considered and my car will be fixed in about 10 days and it’s all covered under his insurance.

But it’s fucking annoying for sure

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Some dickhead forgot to use his breaks in traffic and slammed into the back of my car and I am so pissed off

Sorry to hear that mate. Any reason why he didn't stop? Drunk/on his phone?

Congrats and good luck on Saturday :) 

5 minutes ago, Stan said:

Sorry to hear that mate. Any reason why he didn't stop? Drunk/on his phone?

Congrats and good luck on Saturday :) 

He said he just wasn’t looking 9_9 - it’s fucking rush hour traffic, keep your eyes on the road!

But thanks re: the second bit

Mrs’ neck/back were fine after we had a smash the same day. Pain really hit her a few hours later when the adrenaline of a foreign lorry driving into the side of you stopped. 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah, the back of my car is smashed in. I’m surprised my neck isn’t really hurting from the crash - but I think that’s good because I’m getting married on Saturday and I don’t wanna have a stiff fucking neck at my wedding

Congrats buddy, stiff parts n all. :D

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Claiming whiplash?

Surely you got to consider it. Fuck 'em.

I'm considering it but I also don't want to make that claim if I'm fine. Like I think the guy is an idiot for taking his eyes off the road, but I also don't want to completely fuck him over financially (because judging by his car, I don't think he's in the best financial position) and making his premiums go up more than they need to in order to properly compensate me. So if that's just fixing the damages to my car, which I already know will be covered by his insurance because I spoke with them and they sent someone out to come look at the damage and take pictures. Apparently it takes about a day to start feeling it properly though and if that happens, then yeah claiming whiplash and gonna get their insurance to pay for some massages for me - I've got a 72 hour window after the crash to go see a doctor and make the claim without his insurance asking any questions really. So if it hurts at all tomorrow, I'll be going to a doctor.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm considering it but I also don't want to make that claim if I'm fine. Like I think the guy is an idiot for taking his eyes off the road, but I also don't want to completely fuck him over financially (because judging by his car, I don't think he's in the best financial position) and making his premiums go up more than they need to in order to properly compensate me. So if that's just fixing the damages to my car, which I already know will be covered by his insurance because I spoke with them and they sent someone out to come look at the damage and take pictures. Apparently it takes about a day to start feeling it properly though and if that happens, then yeah claiming whiplash and gonna get their insurance to pay for some massages for me - I've got a 72 hour window after the crash to go see a doctor and make the claim without his insurance asking any questions really. So if it hurts at all tomorrow, I'll be going to a doctor.

I've been in a situation where I've been the guilty party and been on the receiving end.

When it happened to me, I felt reasonably ok, had a dull ache in my back and my neck was achy for around a week or so but I was young, naive and didn't claim.

I had an accident caused by another driver but went in the back of a taxi and the bloke who seemed quite nice and understanding about it at the time, went on to claim whiplash when it was transparent he was ok.

So I naturally feel like life has stuck two fingers up at me in that situation and feel naive I didn't claim before.

I salute your attitude and how you are about it, but there are some bloody wankers on the road and sometimes you got to take your chances.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I've been in a situation where I've been the guilty party and been on the receiving end.

When it happened to me, I felt reasonably ok, had a dull ache in my back and my neck was achy for around a week or so but I was young, naive and didn't claim.

I had an accident caused by another driver but went in the back of a taxi and the bloke who seemed quite nice and understanding about it at the time, went on to claim whiplash when it was transparent he was ok.

So I naturally feel like life has stuck two fingers up at me in that situation and feel naive I didn't claim before.

I salute your attitude and how you are about it, but there are some bloody wankers on the road and sometimes you got to take your chances.

My mentality might be shaped by the fact that the last accident I was in was a pretty serious one - a drink driver hit me while I was on a motorcycle and sent me flying, and the surgery and recovery were absolutely fucking brutal. And it's actually a big part of why I was less active on here for about 7 or 8 months a few years back.

But I went after that fucker for everything - and what his insurance couldn't cover, I went after his personal assets, which is a bit shit for his family... but this cunt's already fucked over his family because he was arrested for drink driving after my accident. And it was his third fucking time being caught drink driving, which gives you a prison sentence here. The entire process was such an ordeal, though. From being in hospital, to having to make shitloads of doctor visits, to having to get a lawyer and showing up in court.

Here, as long as my neck's feeling alright... I don't see the need to claim it and potentially fuck this guy over when right now I'm feeling alright and it looks like things are going to be taken care of pretty rapidly. Granted, if my neck and back start hurting that changes things entirely. But this is an older disabled man, who apologised to me profusely - and accepted full liability while he was on a call with his insurance (which he fucking should, considering I braked to avoid hitting the car in front of me and he didn't). So I'd feel a bit bad claiming whiplash if I don't need to. Don't get me wrong, I think he's an idiot... but I just don't want to fuck over what appears to be just a poor old disabled man.

But your story's a bit shit, mate. What an arsehole acting like a nice guy and then claiming whiplash when he was fucking fine - hearing that kind of shite definitely makes me resent all of the dickheads on the road. 

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Here, as long as my neck's feeling alright.

FFS man, don't let sentiment get the best of you, I don't drive but I have heard how whiplash can be potentially dangerous, you might feel ok now but internal injuries can be short /long term aftershocks, the human body especially the back and neck area are vital and one vertebra just knocked a wee bit out of alignment could cause you problems later on, don't feel sorry for the guy in question but just think about it, if YOU who rammed into the back of him he could or might have taken YOU to court!!  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

FFS man, don't let sentiment get the best of you, I don't drive but I have heard how whiplash can be potentially dangerous, you might feel ok now but internal injuries can be short /long term aftershocks, the human body especially the back and neck area are vital and one vertebra just knocked a wee bit out of alignment could cause you problems later on, don't feel sorry for the guy in question but just think about it, if YOU who rammed into the back of him he could or might have taken YOU to court!!  

Yeah I mean considering what you and @Lucas have just said, plus some links that my fiancé's texted me about whiplash and how long it takes to feel the effect of it and the seriousness of it... fuck it, I'm going to be filing that claim. Just gotta go to a doctor today or tomorrow.

• Upvote 1