talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Administrator

Felt like I was back at uni today when at work.

A couple months ago at one of our team meetings I suggested we do some pre-Xmas after-hours rent visits to see if we can engage with our tenants who we sometimes can't get hold of during the day in the week or are generally hard to contact. Couple weeks ago we chose this week to do the visits, specifically Tuesday and Thursday. We sent some stuff to Comms team to get some flyers/leaflets made out offering help/financial assistance we can offer etc.

Due to illnesses and personal reasons, they were cancelled on Monday and I sent an e-mail out saying to re-arrange for the same evenings next week instead. Didn't get much uptake on it and there were some tentative responses.

Then one of the team members literally suggests the exact same thing today i.e. next week we should do some visits and use the leaflet campaign and target people before Christmas to prioritise rent etc. She was one of them who said she couldn't do it next week as well so right now I'm so confused. But now she's trying to organise it.

Like being back in uni when you do the work and someone else tries to take credit for it xD 

On 28/11/2019 at 21:16, Stan said:

Felt like I was back at uni today when at work.

A couple months ago at one of our team meetings I suggested we do some pre-Xmas after-hours rent visits to see if we can engage with our tenants who we sometimes can't get hold of during the day in the week or are generally hard to contact. Couple weeks ago we chose this week to do the visits, specifically Tuesday and Thursday. We sent some stuff to Comms team to get some flyers/leaflets made out offering help/financial assistance we can offer etc.

Due to illnesses and personal reasons, they were cancelled on Monday and I sent an e-mail out saying to re-arrange for the same evenings next week instead. Didn't get much uptake on it and there were some tentative responses.

Then one of the team members literally suggests the exact same thing today i.e. next week we should do some visits and use the leaflet campaign and target people before Christmas to prioritise rent etc. She was one of them who said she couldn't do it next week as well so right now I'm so confused. But now she's trying to organise it.

Like being back in uni when you do the work and someone else tries to take credit for it xD 

Tbh your idea doesn't sound too well. I really like your colleague's suggestion, though. Hope it all worked out!

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Has anyone on here broken their arm before? I got clattered playing 5-a side last night and it I'm a bit worried, the pain has died down when it's still but if try to turn my palm upwards I can't do it, otherwise it's fine. I think I'd be in more constant pain if it was broken but google isn't being much use.

Only my wrist might pay and go and get it checked out, it might be a minor one or a major break.

1132641878_download(2).thumb.png.54ab78ad9b7615cb3338e956800e5bf3.png

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Has anyone on here broken their arm before? I got clattered playing 5-a side last night and it I'm a bit worried, the pain has died down when it's still but if try to turn my palm upwards I can't do it, otherwise it's fine. I think I'd be in more constant pain if it was broken but google isn't being much use.

I've never broken my arm(surprisingly), badly bruised and sprained, yes but never a break. I've only ever broken 2 fingers, a thumb, my foot and my nose.

You know about it when you break your fingers, that's one thing I can tell you. The pain is unique as fuck. In fact, it's not even pain per say, but like a horrible vibration feeling going through your bone.

I did actually fracture my foot as well once. I could feel like a crunching feeling when that happened.

Honestly though, you never really know the extent of an injury without an x-ray mate.

Google will only tell you that you have aids and cancer, so I'd avoid that.

Edited by Carnivore Chris
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Probably best getting it checked out by a doctor...could properly fuck up your bones if you carry on with it broken

21 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I've never broken my arm(surprisingly), badly bruised and sprained, yes but never a break.

I say that and then today at work, there was a trolley full of plasterboards(12 of them, which weight 48kg each, so 575kg or whatever), which were in our way, so we went to push it so we could move it and it tipped over, with my wrist getting trapped between the boards and a wall. It fucking hurt that and it could have been much worse on another day.

Trust me to nearly break my arm a day after saying I've never broken it before xD

Honestly though, those sparkies are getting it in the ear on Monday because it was all their shite in the way which caused the tip. Just a bunch of absolute cunts they are.

Edited by Carnivore Chris

On 06/12/2019 at 13:01, The Artful Dodger said:

Sounds more like ligament damage mate.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Does anyone else see the same number on the clock over and over again? I see 7:47 at least twice a week, either day or night and it’s starting to freak me out. It’s being going on for ages now.

What? a clock in here, the only clock I can see is this laptop clock and that's ticking away nicely. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Does anyone else see the same number on the clock over and over again? I see 7:47 at least twice a week, either day or night and it’s starting to freak me out. It’s being going on for ages now.

yeah. 23.23 for me. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

This is how you become paranoid. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am getting paranoid now as the only clock I can see is this laptop clock bottom r/h corner and it's ticking away o/k?  :dash3:

There are other clocks John xD. Not necessarily just the one on your laptop.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

I am getting paranoid now as the only clock I can see is this laptop clock bottom r/h corner and it's ticking away o/k?  :dash3:

He is talking about a digital clock probably by the side of his bed or in the office or something and when he looks at it the time always seems to be on the same set of numbers... 

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
Just now, Bluewolf said:

He is talking about a digital clock probably by the side of his bed or in the office or something and when he looks at it the time always seems to be on the same set of numbers... 

Cheers, I thought he meant a clock showing in the TF365 page xD 

18 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

13 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Cheers, I thought he meant a clock showing in the TF365 page xD 

Yes mate, I meant clocks in general xD

• Haha 1

Adobe are quite ballsy with silently turning trials into fully fledged annual subscriptions. Found out they were helping themselves to 36EUR monthly for something I never used, and if I wanted to cancel the remaining 9 months I'd have to pay a 145EUR fee due immediately.

Fortunately, a brief chat with customer support allowed me to dodge the cancellation fee and get a full refund. Merry Christmas. :ph34r:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
On 10/12/2019 at 09:55, DeadLinesman said:

Yes! 15:44 for me; same fucking number for at least 15 years now. Haven't noticed it much in recent years as I mostly check time on my wrist watch. Until today. Got in a car and looked at the clock - bam! 15:44. 

• Upvote 1