talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

On 06/12/2019 at 05:01, The Artful Dodger said:

Has anyone on here broken their arm before? I got clattered playing 5-a side last night and it I'm a bit worried, the pain has died down when it's still but if try to turn my palm upwards I can't do it, otherwise it's fine. I think I'd be in more constant pain if it was broken but google isn't being much use.

I'm a week late to this, but yeah I've broken my arm before. That doesn't really sound like the sort of pain I felt with my arm though - because your right, it really was a more constant pain until it was in a cast.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'm a week late to this, but yeah I've broken my arm before. That doesn't really sound like the sort of pain I felt with my arm though - because your right, it really was a more constant pain until it was in a cast.

Still waiting for @The Artful Dodger to tell us was it just a break or a sprain, we have all been giving our thoughts on the matter and have never heard from him what exactly it was?

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I don't think I have ever been that wrecked thank fuck... having said that if I had been I am probably not going to remember it xD

Went to a works Christmas party about 1969, it was snowing like fuck and I can't remember coming home, the wife said I staggered in the door about 23.00 hrs with my eye split open and the wrong coat on taken from the works party and to this day I can't remember how I got the split eye, I either fell over or got into a fight. O.o

• Haha 1

• Subscriber

That's me up nice and early getting ready for the visit to the local cemetery so the wife and big sis can lay some flowers on family graves for Christmas, the same as every year this time around so we are lucky as the weather has held out and it's not to bad outside, last year it was cold & rainy, we will be doing the same new-year, our son is dropping us off and bringing us back home, he has a taxi so there will be no cost plus we don't have to jump on 2 buses to get there which would take us around an hour & a half to get there and back again.  

Just browsing an article of old 60's photos and came across this one... 

Apparently the man on the toboggan was a death row inmate who was drafted in to test the 'Safety' of the ride before it was opened to the public.. 

Mmm.. 'Safety' you say, so as long as you don't plummet from the side on the way down and don't get hit in the head by a heavy toboggan when you hit the net or it does not come flying off into a nearby crowd we can just bundle the kids on it and crack on... So apart from little Tommy getting a fractured skull and little Milly getting impaled on a nearby tree branch a good time was had by all.. 

death-by-rollercoaster-38498.jpg

• Wow 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I've got a coworker who never showed up to work today. Turns out he was arrested over the weekend for some pretty grim shite. Pretty shocking.

Ouch. It's a strange feeling isn't it. You work with people day in and day out and never really expect them to do grim shite, whatever it may be. Just proves you never truly know what is going on in peoples lives.

2 hours ago, Pyfish said:

Ouch. It's a strange feeling isn't it. You work with people day in and day out and never really expect them to do grim shite, whatever it may be. Just proves you never truly know what is going on in peoples lives.

When I was around 15, there was a family next door with a daughter who must have been around 11 or 12 at the time. Often when I was in the garden playing football with my brother she'd sit in her bedroom window and watch us. She spoke to us sometimes when she was in her garden, but she was a pretty weird girl and we didn't really talk back much. Anyway, one night (it may have happened more than once actually, I'm not sure) when she was sat in her window, she pulled her pants down and showed us. Our reaction was "ok, weirdo, don't give her attention". We found out a year or two later that her dad had been raping her for years. It explains why her dad screamed at me so aggressively when I jumped over the fence to get our ball back one night. I feel sick just thinking about it.

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

I worked with a guy years ago down South, he always portrayed himself as the loving father who doted over his two kiddies (boy & girl), if he visited us he would have them sitting on his knee and saying if anybody did his children any harm he would kill them.

Anyway, I moved back to Scotland with the wife and our kids and two years later I rang the old boss up asking if there was any work in his place as I was looking for some work and he said there was and then he said did you hear about Dave B***** who was working here when I was there and I said no, what about him, well apparently he was in nick as his daughter when she was 10 years old he started to sexually molest her.

Apparently he would leave his wife sitting downstairs and nip upstairs and molest her in bed he did this from when she was 10 years old up until she was 13 and she then told him she did not want to do it anymore, then the bastard only tried to pay her so he could sexually abuse her, he came unstuck when his daughter told her school pal who told her teacher and she notified the police who arrested him.

That bastard only ended up doing 3 years nick and turned all religious reading a bible and whatnot as if the lord had cleansed his soul and forgave him, lucky me or the wife never bumped into him when we moved back down South otherwise we would have kicked the shite out of him, the other thing that done me and the wife's head in was his wife forgave him!!!!  

Things like that can affect you in a funny way as our daughter at the time when she was 10 had very long hair and to help the wife out when our daughter was having a bath I would go in and wash her hair but after hearing about that bastard down South what he did to his daughter I would never go into the bathroom again while our daughter was having a bath. 

• Sad 1

• Subscriber

Quote.thumb.png.9e1f23469ed61f0398ec4842d5bdeef7.png

20 Hilarious Predictions About the Year 2020 Made Long Ago

SLIDES - 1/21

BBPwQko.img?h=1080&w=1920&m=6&q=60&o=f&l

This is the best one xD

7. We’ll eat candy made of underwear.

Waldemar Kaempffert, a New York Times science editor, had lots of opinions about how different the world would become by 2020, especially when it came to our diets. All food, “even soup and milk,” would be delivered to our homes in the form of frozen bricks. It would never take anyone “more than half an hour to prepare … an elaborate meal of several courses.” And thanks to advances in culinary technology, it would be possible to take ordinary objects like old paper and, yes, “rayon underwear,” and bring them to “chemical factories to be converted into candy.” Sounds… delicious.

BBOwyo9.img?h=416&w=799&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f

Edited by CaaC (John)
Spacing correction