talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber

I don't like Birthdays full stop, I am not worried about cards and all that but have to appreciate them when given, the wife, son & daughter know never to try and surprise me with a party or whatever as I would not appreciate it.

And on my last Birthday (70) gone I said to our daughter as she is the one to spring the surprises "Remember, no surprise parties or balloons for my Birthday, a card from you and the grandsons will do me", she tried to get around me as it was a special day but I did not budge and said "It's just another day to me, you know that" she understood and I got cards and some gifts from the grandsons and our son got me a bottle of Harveys Bristol Cream Sherry.  

1 hour ago, Storts said:

Does anyone else find their birthday really depressing 

Not depressing as such but as each one rolls round you realise just how quickly time goes as you get older and that it's all quickly ticking away... I still have so much I want to do.. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

No. I just stopped caring. Especially after 25. 

I am not overly bothered by it and I always tell people not to bother with presents and such like but it's always nice when good friends go out of their way to remember it and ring you each year even if it is to take the piss.. xD

12 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I don't particularly want to turn 27 next week.

If I could go back in time to that age.. ( approx. 10 years ) then I would be a happy man... almost the perfect age that is

Edited by Bluewolf

• Administrator

Don't find my birthday depressing either in age or occasion. Not yet, anyway. Turned 29 last month but I don't feel (just under) a year away from 30. 

Given the culture I grew up in there's always pressure to have or do certain things by a certain age (kids, marriage, house etc etc). I literally couldn't give a fuck what society or (extended) family said I shouldo do by certain age so it was always a proverbial 2 fingers up at that.

I quite enjoy my birthday - always with family and never at work, usually plenty of days off after to lead in to new year, too. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

I literally couldn't give a fuck what society or (extended) family said I shouldo do by certain age so it was always a proverbial 2 fingers up at that.

You rebel you.... xD

You always struck me as being a yes Mum, no Mum, three bags full kinda bloke.... 

• Haha 4

• Subscriber

Gone are the days where me and the wife would be invited to one of her uncles or aunts surprise Birthday party at the local club or British Legion, the hall would be packed out and it was always a good party to go to, food, booze and old-time dancing but all of the old uncle and aunts have passed away now and the younger family members Birthdays are in a disco and whatnot, fuck that.     

• Administrator
25 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

If there’s a worse sound than listening to someone crunch an apple, I’m yet to hear it. Revolting. 

fingernails screeching on a blackboard. 

• Upvote 1