The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

fingernails screeching on a blackboard.

That 9_9 and these fuckers...

VUVUZELA'S

I can remember the 2010 FIFA World Cup in Sth. Africa and I was watching a game on tv and I turned my volume down as I thought it was satellite interference making the noise until I was speaking to my son on the phone and he told me what that was, it was just a continuous blasting noise that did my head in and still does, I think FIFA was going to ban them.

Edited by CaaC (John)

Got invited to a friends surprise 50th yesterday, started at 2pm and went on till late and my other mate came down from Notts to stay overnight as we all used to work together back in our Safeways days... well he has 3 sisters that I have not seen since roughly 1995 and the eldest one is a right flirty minx... not that I was complaining 

Been a long while since I was on such a lengthy drinking sesh… toughed it out till the end like a good soldier though.. B|

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

We are not getting any younger mate and I can't resist good company and booze.. winning combination

Aye, true, the only thing I can really drink nowadays with my health and the tablets I am on is red wine, had a bottle last night and there was our son sitting there drinking whisky and cans of lager, the last time I had a whisky was about 3 years ago. :(

1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

Aye, true, the only thing I can really drink nowadays with my health and the tablets I am on is red wine, had a bottle last night and there was our son sitting there drinking whisky and cans of lager, the last time I had a whisky was about 3 years ago. :(

Sad times... can't stand wine myself, horrible stuff I wouldn't be caught dead at a wine and cheese evening xD

Edited by Bluewolf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, True Blue said:

The move to Germany is pretty much open now. I spent the last week of my vacation in Ravensburg Germany, and had an interview in the Deutsche Post. Not the best job ever, the pay is okay for a start and their representatives where very welcoming. I need to have a work contract in Germany for my work Visa to be accepted in the German Embassy in Sarajevo. So basically got the job and when my Visa interview arrives i would bring the contract and "seal the move". However i will take everything in account the good and the bad before making this decision.

Good luck mate.

Now that you'll be living in Germany, at what point would you concede Lahm is better than Cole :ph34r:

• Haha 1

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, True Blue said:

The move to Germany is pretty much open now. I spent the last week of my vacation in Ravensburg Germany, and had an interview in the Deutsche Post. Not the best job ever, the pay is okay for a start and their representatives were very welcoming. I need to have a work contract in Germany for my work Visa to be accepted in the German Embassy in Sarajevo. So basically got the job and when my Visa interview arrives i would bring the contract and "seal the move". However i will take everything in account the good and the bad before making this decision.

The colours of your new local club are more or less identical to those of Chelsea :banana:Coincidence? I don't think so... :35_thinking:

• Haha 2

In the shower today I began wondering - and I'm probably the only one.

Do any of you feel lonely but then around people you want to be by yourselves?

It's a huge conflicting case within me at the moment that I'm trying to get around. Especially around women. Bad experiences of the past have really gotten to me and now it's hard to get past it, so while there's plenty of people who care for me, I just feel anti-social and nothing to do with them after chatting for about an hour.

Part of the reason I don't want to get married. I'd rather be a free man. I may feel lonely from time to time, but for the long term I think being alone suits me better. Besides, I don't really trust anyone else. Especially as a traveller, to have the freedom always to go around where you want is a great feeling.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Vader said:

It's a huge conflicting case within me at the moment that I'm trying to get around. Especially around women. Bad experiences of the past have really gotten to me and now it's hard to get past it, so while there's plenty of people who care for me, I just feel anti-social and nothing to do with them after chatting for about an hour.

Part of the reason I don't want to get married. I'd rather be a free man. I may feel lonely from time to time, but for the long term I think being alone suits me better. Besides, I don't really trust anyone else. Especially as a traveller, to have the freedom always to go around where you want is a great feeling.

No, you're most definitely not the only introvert in the world who enjoys solitude but also gets lonely from time to time. That conflict is always going to be there as we're all social animals and everyone still needs socializing, love and support to a certain degree regardless of one's social inclination.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

No, you're most definitely not the only introvert in the world who enjoys solitude but also gets lonely from time to time. That conflict is always going to be there as we're all social animals and everyone still needs socializing, love and support to a certain degree regardless of one's social inclination.

Oh yeah - I absolutely love being told I'm good at something or I'm a good person. However I'm just too anti-social to care if a conversation goes on too long.

In other words, I'm conflicted about my future. Remember when I said I love working? My only dream left that I care about fulfilling is leaving an impact on the world. I am very passionate, but I feel powerless at the moment. Patience is key I suppose.

19 hours ago, Toinho said:

I am still the sheep champion 👀

Very true, and it was an honest misread, but that whole dialog still gets me when I think about it. 

3 hours ago, Vader said:

No - I am also an introvert, although not severe, and the #1 issue my wife and I have is our different personalities and how she wants to always be with people, know about other's lives, and be 'in the know', whereas I couldn't give a shit, and am rather focused of being the best version of myself and the rest of the world be damned. 

It's a constant struggle,  and I'll say this with any personality trait. You are NEVER alone. Their are too many people in this world for you to be the only one of worries or stressing about something. 

If you like reading, I did like the book called quiet by Susan Cain. You might want to give it a shot. 

71SLQKwNLBL.jpg

• Upvote 1