talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Off Topic

football forum

2 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Blue Hdi. The nasties turn into water and it better than my petrol!

Isn't that what VW were saying? I'm pretty sure there's no such thing as clean diesel, unfortunately. A shame because my Golf TDI was one hell of a car.

Speaking of cars, my lease is up in a couple of weeks and I've got to get another one or buy this Golf... but I'm gonna be honest, I don't care if it's a bit of a waste of money - I like leasing cars so I get a new car every three years. My last 2 have been VW Golfs. I'd like a GTI, but I really don't see the need to make my monthly payment be much higher just for a car that'll be more fun to drive... when I actually go places that I can actually have fun when I drive. Most of the time now, I'm just driving in traffic in the morning - so no real fun is had. And that makes me think I want something with good mileage & that's comfortable for me to just be sitting in.

I also want it to be a hatchback if possible. My wife is less enthusiastic about me getting another hatchback though, but that's because she's American and Americans hate hatchbacks for some reason.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Speaking of cars, my lease is up in a couple of weeks and I've got to get another one or buy this Golf... but I'm gonna be honest, I don't care if it's a bit of a waste of money - I like leasing cars so I get a new car every three years. My last 2 have been VW Golfs. I'd like a GTI, but I really don't see the need to make my monthly payment be much higher just for a car that'll be more fun to drive... when I actually go places that I can actually have fun when I drive. Most of the time now, I'm just driving in traffic in the morning - so no real fun is had. And that makes me think I want something with good mileage & that's comfortable for me to just be sitting in.

I also want it to be a hatchback if possible. My wife is less enthusiastic about me getting another hatchback though, but that's because she's American and Americans hate hatchbacks for some reason.

Get a GTD. Just to piss Greta off. And your wife. And America.

13 minutes ago, Berserker said:

xD It's for sure a regular or ex-regular member, he's aware of the forum banter, and not only this one's but the old one. I've actually narrowed it down to about 5 or 6 members.

Made me wonder why did they just not block his IP. What you are saying is probably the reason why. Just feeding him what he wanted.

16 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Made me wonder why did they just not block his IP. What you are saying is probably the reason why. Just feeding him what he wanted.

Because we're not idiots and neither is he. He's using a VPN/proxy so blocking IPs is pointless.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rab said:

Because we're not idiots and neither is he. He's using a VPN so blocking IPs is pointless.

I would have thought VPN's wouldn't have worked on some places similarly to how it doesn't on Netflix or Dazn, but I guess we're not that advanced xD

4 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I would have thought VPN's wouldn't have worked on some places similarly to how it doesn't on Netflix or Dazn, but I guess we're not that advanced xD

We're a small football forum, not a fortune 500 company...

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Stan said:

Thank you mate :) 

How have you been? Has coronavirus forced you to come back ;)?

Loaded with work, mate. It's been a very exhaustive year.

Nah, I was planning to come back around June, when the Euro would kick-off, but it seems there won't be any Euro, so, I decided to anticipate my comeback. 

21 hours ago, nudge said:

André is back!!! :x

Inga. :x

17 hours ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

giphy.gif 

Thanks mate. B|

• Administrator

Given I'll be working from home for the next month, you can expect to see a lot more of me round the forum. Maybe we'll fire up some quizzes and shit seeing as we're going to be spending a lot of time with each other :D

24 minutes ago, Batard said:

Given I'll be working from home for the next month, you can expect to see a lot more of me round the forum. Maybe we'll fire up some quizzes and shit seeing as we're going to be spending a lot of time with each other :D

Alright for some, I still have to trudge in to work everyday.... Sometimes being a hero is not all it's cracked up to be.... sometimes I just want to be the wimpy hypochondriac who phones in sick because I had to blow my nose twice in the same day.... 

On the other suggestions sounds good... was thinking of starting up a film quote quiz 

• Upvote 4

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

Alright for some, I still have to trudge in to work everyday.... Sometimes being a hero is not all it's cracked up to be.... sometimes I just want to be the wimpy hypochondriac who phones in sick because I had to blow my nose twice in the same day.... 

On the other suggestions sounds good... was thinking of starting up a film quote quiz 

I wasn't actually given a choice. I'm self employed too so not being able to go to the end client to work is going to rinse me 

1 minute ago, Batard said:

I wasn't actually given a choice. I'm self employed too so not being able to go to the end client to work is going to rinse me 

They are trying to encourage people at our place to work from home where possible, The offer is only open to people in the offices though obviously because they get preferential treatment as always..